Thread: Overtraining?

GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100)

Overtraining?

Hey Yo,

I just want to know if there's such a thing as overtraining.. more specifically, would it be overtraining if I started doing bicep curls 10 sets of 10 every morning (for example) for a week or two? I'm ****ing curious of what result I would get. My diet and sleep is in check.

Also, if any of you guys have done this or something like this (not necessary training biceps every day, that is, but for instance, back or some other bodypart), please tell me about your experiences.

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated

icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is such a thing as overtraining, but most people don't do enough to truely overtrain.
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Overtraining.html
    The body will adapt if you let it. So one person doing 10 sets of 10 reps everyday may be nothing for them because their body adapted to it, while another person, it would be too much. As long as your nutrition is in check, get plenty of rest and you deload every so often, your less likely to overtrain if at all.

I used to drive a garbage truck and lifted cans every day. I also had a job at a warehouse where I had to lift rolls of carpet (that normally a forklift moves around) out of box cars and throw them on top of carpet rolls piled up above my head in the warehouse everyday. My body had to adapt or I wouldn't be able to do it.
    Eat like an animal, train like a monster, sleep like a baby

Prim3time has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Probably not if you're only doing it for a couple of weeks, but you will see a decline in performance if you don't rest after an intense workout

GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100) GetBigs is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Prim3time View Post
    Probably not if you're only doing it for a couple of weeks, but you will see a decline in performance if you don't rest after an intense workout
    I will rest bro, like I said, diet and sleep is in check.

Originally Posted by icedemon View Post
    There is such a thing as overtraining, but most people don't do enough to truely overtrain.
    http://www.exrx.net/ExInfo/Overtraining.html
    The body will adapt if you let it. So one person doing 10 sets of 10 reps everyday may be nothing for them because their body adapted to it, while another person, it would be too much. As long as your nutrition is in check, get plenty of rest and you deload every so often, your less likely to overtrain if at all.

I used to drive a garbage truck and lifted cans every day. I also had a job at a warehouse where I had to lift rolls of carpet (that normally a forklift moves around) out of box cars and throw them on top of carpet rolls piled up above my head in the warehouse everyday. My body had to adapt or I wouldn't be able to do it.
    Okay, thanks bro.

So everyone, what do you think, will I see results?

icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50) icedemon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nobody is going to be able to tell you if you'll get results or not, because it depends on where you are at. You can experiment and see what happens.

I just remembered that I tried something like this. As a teen I wanted to beat one of my friends in arm wrestling, so I took a dumbbell and did something similar to a preacher curl with 5 sets of 10 reps with plenty of rest between sets every day. When my arm couldn't lift it anymore, I had my other arm help lift it and did slow negatives and slow positives. My right bicep grew huge, but I was only doing that with no other exercises. It actually looked funny on me, because I had no triceps, so it looked like somebody put a tennis ball where my bicep is.
    Last edited by icedemon; 11-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Eat like an animal, train like a monster, sleep like a baby

Prim3time has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GetBigs View Post
    Rest meaning 48-72 hours not doing an exercise for the tissues to heal. But you'll probably be fine if you're only doing it the couple weeks

chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chadwr85 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    why in the world would you do 10 sets of 10 every day? First of all 10 sets of 10 will make you so sore just from doing it for one day. No, maybe 3x a week will be enough. Not saying you will over train but 10 sets of 10 every day just isn't necessary. The results? Well if you were to do that and eat a lot you would expect to get the maximum amount of growth possible for biceps in that time period.
    Though if you are keen on doing so I would suggest doing different types of curls like hammer curls, concentration curls, cross body hammer curls, etc. Don't just do concentration curls or standing curls add some other variations so you hit all the parts of the biceps.
    Chasing the pump

Barbell Squat- 470 1rm
    Barbell Bench- 325 1rm
    Weighted pullups- 100lbs 4-reps

178lbs, 12% body fat

Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The overtraining topic seems to be a new fad. Guys like CT Fletcher, Mike Rashad, Rich Pianna claim to workout for 2-3 hours a day and work the same bodyparts on back to back days sometimes. CT Fletcher advocates working arms out every day if you want big arms. Then you have other pros who say if you hit a muscle good enough you should only be able to hit that muslce once per week. I guess the only thing you can do is try both methods.

Personally when I started working my arms out 3x times per week I started getting tendonitis. So iv'e focused on just destroying the muscle once or twice per week and getting adaquete recovery, and it's helped me to grow.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't worry about it. Just workout as hard as you can, as often as you can, and if you are having a hard time recovering, adjust as needed.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not rest as in sleep...SMH
    OG

Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hey Yo,

I just want to know if there's such a thing as overtraining.. more specifically, would it be overtraining if I started doing bicep curls 10 sets of 10 every morning (for example) for a week or two? I'm ****ing curious of what result I would get. My diet and sleep is in check.

Also, if any of you guys have done this or something like this (not necessary training biceps every day, that is, but for instance, back or some other bodypart), please tell me about your experiences.

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated
    What you're referring to is called under-recovering and yes many people out there are experiencing it.

respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000) respawn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Blaine2007 View Post
    The overtraining topic seems to be a new fad. Guys like CT Fletcher, Mike Rashad, Rich Pianna claim to workout for 2-3 hours a day and work the same bodyparts on back to back days sometimes. CT Fletcher advocates working arms out every day if you want big arms. Then you have other pros who say if you hit a muscle good enough you should only be able to hit that muslce once per week. I guess the only thing you can do is try both methods.

Personally when I started working my arms out 3x times per week I started getting tendonitis. So iv'e focused on just destroying the muscle once or twice per week and getting adaquete recovery, and it's helped me to grow.
    keep in mind CT Fletcher has 0 qualifications in any fitness or nutrition.

But over training doesn't exist as long as you give your muscles 48 hours to recover then work them again. Overtraining and overworking is different

bwschwarzkoph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Over training is definitely something to watch out for. For muscles to grow and become stronger they need sufficient recovery time to heal the fibers and grow or in other words undergo hypertrophy. If you do bicep curls 10 sets of ten each day you may become stronger, sure, but is it efficient? No way. Muscle growth is related to the micro tears of the muscle fibers and the adaptation of the body increasing the diameter of the fiber to handle the increased load. So in essence what we need is a micro tear and a full recovery which results in a thicker fiber. When working the same isolated muscle group everyday you never allow the fiber to full heal which in turn will prevent the fiber from reaching its full potential, and risks injury. I recommend looking up HIT, or high intensity training. It takes each muscle group to failure in one to two sets. Efficient from a muscle and time standpoint. Why waste your time with all those other sets and reps when you can get the same results with one to two good sets.