Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Jared.P Gets EXTREME with Blue Star Nutraceuticals: Extreme Rush

What's up everyone! Very excited to be logging Blue Star's pre workout Extreme Rush for the next 16 workouts (should be right around 4 weeks for me). It'll be a short, sweet, EXTREME ride

We'll start by getting the boring stuff out of the way: Im 24 years old, 5'8, and ~182lbs. currently bulking and trying to put on some serious weight for next year (clean weight of course). I last cut from 188 down to 176 so hoping to finish my bulk around 195-200, but for the purpose of this log i'll focus on a pound or two a week and finish back around 188. I'm also coming off an injury. We all know injuries suck, and i've been plagued for a long time with them. 4 years back i pulled a ton of muscles in my lower back and shortly after that i herniated a disc. needless to say, lifting the last few years has been on/off and injuries like to knock me back every few steps i manage to make forward.

With injuries in mind, i've oddly enough decided to start a more PL based routine: Wendler's 5/3/1, and include his first set last AMRAP as well as his Boring But Big assistance style. However i will only be doing 5/3/1 with OHP and bench. with my injury (pulled the same lower back muscles again, ~3 weeks ago) I will be modifying my leg/back days. So my workout will be 4x/week, and go bench/legs/rest/ohp/back. the leg and back days will be mostly machines/isolation movements for now as i need to focus on recovery and i currently cant even squat with weight below parallel without tightness and pain.

Diet will be fairly straight forward, good protein and carbs with ~100g or so a day of fats. i get most of my carbs from good whole wheat sources but definitely indulge in pop tarts/oreos from time to time. dont judge me, IIFYM right? either way, bulking - which gives me an excuse.

Last part here for the intro, being the product is rather "extreme" and the promo i won it in, i'll do my best to post one extreme thing in the thread per day along with a superhero . be it something crazy in a sport, a gif, a picture - it could be anything that i deem "extreme" or crazy enough.

For those interested, my initial review of all the product can be found Here

*the official log will begin on monday, this was an initial review/workout day. monday will be chest day/weigh in and we can get started!
    Last edited by Jared.P; 10-31-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    AppNut Transformation Contest Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160101031

transformation journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154324161

"You want to quit? Great. Quit when you're done. It's what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. You ether want it or you don't. You either reach your goals or you set new ones that fit your excuses." - Savageous

Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jared.P has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Supplements
    -morning/pre - 1 serving Extreme Rush
    -intra - 1 scoop compete
    -daily - 6 OT

Warm up
    -broomstick stretches
    -internal/external rotations
    -arm circles

Day 1 - Shoulders (deload)

OHP Press
    55x5, 65x5, 75x5

BB Bench
    120x10x3

Pullups
    -multiple sets of 5-10 alternating between hammer grip and wide grip

Hyperextensions
    bw x20, 15

Post WO
    -foam rolling
    -tennis ball piriformis/glutes/hips
    -hamstring stretching

Notes
    -all in all a solid workout for a deload. good energy, great pumps, solid focus. not much more i can really ask for being that it was a low volume deload day. just took 1 serving (half scoop) of Extreme Rush and will do the same for tomorrow's back day. First day was a success and i have a physio appt for tomorrow to deal with some stretches and stuff for my back. ready to get this dialed in for good.

Lets Get Extreme
    honestly, i think squirrel suit/wing suits are about as bad ass as it gets. great video here:

transformation journal:

"You want to quit? Great. Quit when you're done. It's what separates the successful from the unsuccessful. You ether want it or you don't. You either reach your goals or you set new ones that fit your excuses." - Savageous

ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Extreme Rush is one of the best pwos ive tried
    ***COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW***
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***
    Twinlab Militia Member

"Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130261613&page=43

Originally Posted by ChosenBrah View Post
    Extreme Rush is one of the best pwos ive tried
    i definitely like it so far. will need to up it to 1 full scoop im sure but even then it seems pretty solid

transformation journal:

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jared.P View Post
    i definitely like it so far. will need to up it to 1 full scoop im sure but even then it seems pretty solid
    I know you know this....more is not always better.

...and on another note, awesome layout!!!
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fawnl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In!
    Squats and Maple syrup son. Squats and Maple syrup.

*CANADIAN CREW*

Training Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163818831

***Sig shortened for cranky, old, mouth breathers***

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh hey!
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by Gym God View Post
    I know you know this....more is not always better.

...and on another note, awesome layout!!!
    100% agree with this. However (and i may be wrong) - my thought is aside from potentially the stims, most of the other ingredients work better and 1 full scoop? i know for the full dose of BA, 1 full scoop is necessary (but im not overly concerned about that). its not from an energy standpoint that i want to up it, more so for the rest of the formula. thoughts on that would be great.

Originally Posted by Fawnl View Post
    In!
    welcome

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Oh hey!

transformation journal:

Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    100% agree with this. However (and i may be wrong) - my thought is aside from potentially the stims, most of the other ingredients work better and 1 full scoop? i know for the full dose of BA, 1 full scoop is necessary (but im not overly concerned about that). its not from an energy standpoint that i want to up it, more so for the rest of the formula. thoughts on that would be great.
    Main stimulant --> caffeine 150mg per serving (1/2 scoop)

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well you can certainly get away with 2 grams of BA in a serving if you are dosing bulk BA through out the day. That's what I personally do.

I hate ingesting all 3-4 grams in one sitting, still get all tingly.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Well you can certainly get away with 2 grams of BA in a serving if you are dosing bulk BA through out the day. That's what I personally do.

IMO... I think taking a pre-workout with BA is a waste unless you're consuming additional on your off-days. I'm stating this only because what the science is based on.... everyday consumption. I look forward to when we launch a generic line to cover these holes.

Too many people base a products effective on feel factor... not just that of caffeine, but now of BA. Yet, tingles really do mean squat for effectiveness. True measurement of effectiveness will be over a lengthy period of time. "I feel it! It works!" .... meh...

Probably the main reason you are seeing 400+ mg of caff doses.

Yea you feel it working, you feel that stimulants going ape**** on your CNS system.

Yea you feel it working, you feel that stimulants going ape**** on your CNS system.
    We're going to see a lot of changes in our industry going in the new year with pre-workouts... all because of one guy and his patents. Dum...Duh...Dum...Dum.....Dummmmmmmm.

Yes, even we are in the mince of reformulating or relaunching an entire new product in this category.

We're going to see a lot of changes in our industry going in the new year with pre-workouts... all because of one guy and his patents. Dum...Duh...Dum...Dum.....Dummmmmmmm.

Yes, even we are in the mince of reformulating or relaunching an entire new product in this category.

I c.

YOU ARE HOLDING OUT ON ME.

Just kidding!

I c.

YOU ARE HOLDING OUT ON ME.

Just kidding!

... yes, yes I am.

... only because I don't have full details yet.

Main stimulant --> caffeine 150mg per serving (1/2 scoop)
    good to know. are the rest of the ingredients (citrulline/agmatine) good at 1/2 scoop as well? it is my experience most pre's end up being a 2 serving deal but im not into ingesting 300+ caffeine at a time.

i love my 3.2g at once. i love the tingles, even though they dont mean jack

IMO... I think taking a pre-workout with BA is a waste unless you're consuming additional on your off-days. I'm stating this only because what the science is based on.... everyday consumption. I look forward to when we launch a generic line to cover these holes.

Too many people base a products effective on feel factor... not just that of caffeine, but now of BA. Yet, tingles really do mean squat for effectiveness. True measurement of effectiveness will be over a lengthy period of time. "I feel it! It works!" .... meh...
    totally agree, which is why i use a bulk BA product as well. i didnt want to take it with the first dose of Extreme Rush as i wanted to see how it worked (obviously). too many people rely on the "feel" but i think thats what a lot of them take a pre for in general so its kind of fair

cough*mr hyde*cough give the public what they want, but they wont know what to do when they finally burn out

excited to see new product, from you and others

workout post coming soon!

transformation journal:

good to know. are the rest of the ingredients (citrulline/agmatine) good at 1/2 scoop as well? it is my experience most pre's end up being a 2 serving deal but im not into ingesting 300+ caffeine at a time.
    I enjoy tingles too. Oh the days of niacin.

Low/Moderate levels per serving: citrulline 1 gram / agmatine 375 mg ...

Still a great pump with plenty of focus. NOT over the top with energy.... just right for many.

For the viewers:

Extreme Rush™

Last edited by Gym God; 11-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Dost thou even HOIST?! eclipze926's Avatar
    eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eclipze926 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In Late! waiting to see what you herniate next :P
    D: 385 B: 264 S: 365 #1000 club
    2016 goal - Make it to the gym 4 times a week, and somehow get back bench past 200 lbs

"There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

I enjoy tingles too. Oh the days of niacin.

Low/Moderate levels per serving: citrulline 1 gram / agmatine 375 mg ...

Still a great pump with plenty of focus. NOT over the top with energy.... just right for many.

For the viewers:

[IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Gym_God/ScreenShot2013-11-01at113112AM_zpsc97732d0.png[IMG]

good to know. i did have some solid pumps so i'll give it another week at half scoop and decide from there, thanks Chris

welcome Josh

transformation journal:

Originally Posted by eclipze926 View Post
    In Late! waiting to see what you herniate next :P
    Oh great, we have a gimp on our hands.

CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    whats up????
    "Hard work never hurt anyone"...that's BULL- if you ain't hurting, you ain't working!

Workout Log- Finally decided to start and track all of my workouts
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153003701

AppNut HGH UP log- I know you wanna look
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153190131

(For Tmac)

Supplements
    -morning/pre - *didnt take Extreme Rush today*
    -intra - 1 scoop compete
    -daily - 6 OT

Warm up
    -broomstick stretches
    -internal/external rotations
    -arm circles
    -light face pulls

Day 2 - Back (deload)

DB Rows
    70x5x3, 70x10x3
    -felt good, was superset with straight arm pushdowns as well. felt pretty good to hit back again

Reverse Pec Deck SS Leg Raises
    100x12x3/bw x12x3

Post WO
    -foam rolling - IT band, hips/glutes, hamstrings, back
    -hamstring stretching
    -hyperextensions

Notes
    -felt good in there today. didnt take the Extreme Rush as its the last day on deload and i want to save it for when it really matters. hit back with some decent volume i think, more of a get in - get out workout. pace was good

Lets Get Extreme
    i watched this video ages ago. its crazy that they cant even use support lines

brb could not do

and thats a wrap!
    Last edited by Jared.P; 11-01-2013 at 02:22 PM.

transformation journal:

Oh great, we have a gimp on our hands.
    we talked about this lol

Originally Posted by CoachA33 View Post
    whats up????
    welcome

transformation journal:

Thumbs up

That video is nuts! ... evan a little hard to watch without feeling a little anxiety setting in.

that's the point Chris! gotta keep things high intensity in here

transformation journal:

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    that's the point Chris! gotta keep things high intensity in here
    Got to get geeked! Yea buddy

Off Days

alright, so off days this weekend. Had a great physio appt on friday - really learned lot as well as far as good stretches and more about the musculature in that area. Anyways, i worked yesterday, then went out for dinner and went out to some clubs with a good buddy of mine i havent seen in ages. was a great time. Today is an absolutely "do nothing" day, just watching 3rd season of Breaking Bad is definitely a good show. aside from that, getting ready for tomorrows chest day and more Extreme Rush!

hope everyone has a great weekend! until tomorrow, i leave you with this, made me cringe:

transformation journal:

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update, Jared. Way to take advantage of a restful weekend.

CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000) CoachA33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Breaking Bad is one of the best series I've ever watched!
    "Hard work never hurt anyone"...that's BULL- if you ain't hurting, you ain't working!

Workout Log- Finally decided to start and track all of my workouts
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153003701

AppNut HGH UP log- I know you wanna look
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153190131

Is that Apocalypse on the left? He was one of my absolute favorite characters.