Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by t.yontz View Post
    ok so not to make you work too hard or anything like that but could you suggest a workout regiment?

I currently do:

monday: chest (of course)
    tuesday:back
    wednesday:arms
    thursday:legs
    friday:shoulders
    saturday:deadlifts & maybe some arms
    sunday: rest
    try training 3 days a week and not 6. seriously, during your 3 lift days, GO HAM. you don't need a day for arms, you really don't.
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000) prime853 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NZninja101 View Post
    Do slightly higher volume training than what you're currently doing for lower body.

Sorry to do this but while the advice of some higher rep training is good for OP, this is a little off. Strength training will hardly make your muscles denser than hypertrophy training, (it could have a marginal effect from a microscopic point but in person it's not really a thing. But maybe that's what you meant).
    The majority of muscle gains ARE myofibrillar. CNS efficiency is the ultimate reason behind small strong guys. Unless you're on insulin, the majority of your muscle gains won't be sarcoplasmic. The difference between 4 reps and 10 reps is that on average 10 reps will produce notably greater myofibrillar hypertrophy, and *marginally* greater sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.
    wood rep for info on r/c. I suppose youll get a different opinion depending on who you ask, and yeah I hear you about the microscopic point, have read many articles on it. interesting stuff
    Bench: 170kg/375lbs 1RM : 150kg/330lbs 5RM
    Squat: 220kg/500lbs 1RM : 180kg/485lbs 5RM
    Deadlift: 230kg/505lbs 1RM
    Barbell Row: 140kg/315lbs 10RM

***Powerbodybuilding Crew***
    ***Genovas witness Crew***
    ***PPL Master race crew***

reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reyes12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by prime853 View Post
    this is practically what I said in a nutshell about keeping the powerlifts but making sure to keep isolation
    Oh lawd I skimmed posts, didnt see yours. Yes then you are 100% right. I do this and it works great.

Like 5x10's 4x8's and chit @ OP. do different assistance work, see what works best for you. like skullcrushers do 4 sets of 10-12. try out different isolation exercises and do them 4-5 sets each for 8+ reps
    STEAM: rangetsu1 | SC: jonnyboiiir | IG: jonnyreyes12

misc #2 assman ω. keep hustlin' cuzz *Wrestling family crew*

Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Chdawares View Post
    5 day Doms crew after leg day checking in.
    Ill only do leg press/hack squat and leg extension drop set.
    Brb skin splitting pump in quads
    Brb getting made fun of for walking
    Brb brb

t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gerbilz View Post
    try training 3 days a week and not 6. seriously, during your 3 lift days, GO HAM. you don't need a day for arms, you really don't.
    yeah thats the plan because i feel im suffering from lack of recovery right now since i only rest on sunday...

and yeah i keep hearing the arms thing but no matter what theyre not growing sadly
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

EAT BIG.LIFT BIG.GET BIG.

Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chdawares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah thats the plan because i feel im suffering from lack of recovery right now since i only rest on sunday...

and yeah i keep hearing the arms thing but no matter what theyre not growing sadly
    What excercises do you do for arms?

t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50) t.yontz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by reyes12 View Post
    Oh lawd I skimmed posts, didnt see yours. Yes then you are 100% right. I do this and it works great.

Like 5x10's 4x8's and chit @ OP. do different assistance work, see what works best for you. like skullcrushers do 4 sets of 10-12. try out different isolation exercises and do them 4-5 sets each for 8+ reps
    no **** thats basically what ive been doing...multiple sets of 8-12 reps

sometimes i just go to failure and dont even count sets...just go until it hurts and then a little more

squats ive been doing 5-10 sets of 5-10 reps
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)

do you want real help from the guy I get advice from? ignore my avi, im a recovery addict.

this guy will piss you off because it goes against everything a bodybuilder believes in. he's 5'10, 250+, he started out at like 160lbs. under 12% bf, and deadlifts over 600lbs+. I went to high school with him. he lives in florida and is into powerlifting and I know hes going to be one of the greats. works at a gym where major nfl players have trained/

he's natural and a ****ing beast. guy scares me with how much strength he has

Originally Posted by Chdawares View Post
    What excercises do you do for arms?
    '

bis: preacher curls
    standing curls
    hammer curls
    cable curls
    db curls
    close grip
    wide grip

(not all in the same workout, i alwasy change it up btw)

tris:
    skull crushers
    weighted dips
    bench dips with plates on lap
    push downs
    reverse pushdowns
    ropes
    behind the head extensions

(not all in the same workout, but i go to failure, i go ham man lol)

i want these ****ers to grow
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ghettocandyman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ......if only you were a manlet

I would train you and transform you into a super manlet

And then we could make a crew of super manlets and take over the world...or at least the forums

Grow a foot shorter and email me pls

do you want real help from the guy I get advice from? ignore my avi, im a recovery addict.

this guy will piss you off because it goes against everything a bodybuilder believes in. he's 5'10, 250+, he started out at like 160lbs. under 12% bf, and deadlifts over 600lbs+. I went to high school with him. he lives in florida and is into powerlifting and I know hes going to be one of the greats. works at a gym where major nfl players have trained/

he's natural and a ****ing beast. guy scares me with how much strength he has

ill take all the help i can get bro

i wanna get to the 600lb deadlift club and to 475 squats
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    didn't read all the posts but no offense dude you're not strong. i have the same #'s as you at 5'9 190
    500lb deadlift crew

'

standing curls
    hammer curls
    cable curls
    db curls
    close grip
    wide grip

tris:
    skull crushers
    weighted dips
    push downs
    reverse pushdowns
    ropes

Synthol Brah, jk of course. Maybe try frequency if they recover well. The push pull legs will be good for that. Or else just make 2 arm days and eat like crazy on those days.

ill take all the help i can get bro

i wanna get to the 600lb deadlift club and to 475 squats
    this is him

read my pm

this is him

read my pm

**** yes! that is bad ass man! mad props to your friend!

thats the kind of **** im trying to get on
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"

Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Manne1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i can see why you would think your arms are small especially if you really are 220. Dont listen to these manlets trying to put u down, shorter people tend to lift more weight then us taller brahs. like many have suggested try changing your rep ranges
    *Misc Empire Crew*
    *Hispanic Brah*
    *PS3/PS4 Master Race Crew*
    *Rep Back Crew*
    *Mod Negged by Jamaican Hulk Still Green Crew*

HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the misc doesn't lift, that's all i've learnt here -- they see 220lbs don't take into account height and bodyfat - i have no idea why some of these no avi *******s have such high reps

my arms - i am a loser nobody - are about 15.5 and i'm 6'0 - and they are deffo not big. at all. only people who compliment them are non lifters. so i get your plight at 6'4

your lifts are insane i dk if they are one rep maxes......

MY OPINION is the big lifts are most a bunch of bollocks for most people in terms of hypertrophy

Inb4 ****storm - NO I mean in the sense that i see all these loser teenagers go on starting strength get fat and bloated rave about it, and their amazing lifts (some are better than mine in a relatively short amount of time) but they look like CRAP. Squatting regularly gives them BIG legs, but they have CRAP upper bodies because bench isn't really even a chest exercise, it's shoulders, tris with some chest sprinkled in - their upper body growth lags.

Because technique, form and experience is necessary to get heavy weight on big lifts --- or at least it can make all the difference. And getting used to the exercise.

CASE IN POINT - small Chinese kid in front of me today at the gym working his way up to 170kg deadlfts for 5, he did 140s, 150s, 160s, and I didn't see it but maybe even 180s. Had to be 165lbs, 5'9.
    I'm much bigger and no way could I do anything like that - 150s I'm doing now. He had his chalk, his belt, his footwear, that all helps...but yeah was he stronger than me generally?
    No way. Seen him doing dumbbells and he sucks comparatively. His lat raises suck.

So my advice and this is from someone whose lifts are literally years away from yours - so mind your sources (still has to be better than most on here) - you need to do both types of hypertrophy - sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar. Read Lyle McDonald's book on the Ultimate Diet 2.0 or whatever, he has a good explanation.

Basically you need to keep up your heavy lifts and increase your muscle fibres, in terms of DENSITY, myofibrillar - i.e. arguably true muscle growth. And add in some dumbbells because of what I've said above about your body getting used to the exercise, and form compensating for strength - so lat raises, dumbbell press, flies, FLOOR PRESS, bulgarians - switching things up.

AND to go high reps - especially on pullups, pushups - be able to do like 30-40 pullups. Sarcoplasmic - my understanding is basically involves your muscles being filled with water, glyocen etc etc - giving you da pump. And a "fuller", bigger look which I think you want.

That's my 2 cents.

AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AdamJdash is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how does your buddy have 18 inch arms and deadlifts 250 while I have 13 inch arms and deadlift over 300?

also how is his bench 25lbs heavier than deadlift?
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Squat 242/400
    Bench 154/250
    Deadlift 264/550

4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Someone with a more evenly distributed frame will have similiar specs as someone with a "flatter" frame as it takes less mass to fill out the same diameter of an oblong object versus a symmetrical object.

Also, 16" arms is actually decent for your stats. I have 16.5" arms and I bench 5x5 295.
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000) HIIT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    '

standing curls
    hammer curls
    cable curls
    db curls
    close grip
    wide grip

tris:
    skull crushers
    weighted dips
    push downs
    reverse pushdowns
    ropes

by the way if you're serious about a bodypart ignore everyone, just listen to you

so you know clive on here? how did he get his arms?

he started out as a massive noob. knew nothing - but trained arms EVERY DAY and saw great results and I think went up to 16s or more just doing that. And then he backed off. he then basically and now still does do triceps supersetted with back, bis supersetted with chest twice a week (so technically 4 arm days), that's his routine.

remember triceps are most of it. biceps aren't hard either:
    hammer curls
    barbell/dumbell curls
    ez bar curls
    don't do too much volume either because that might be killing it for you.

4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4g64fiero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HIIT View Post
    the misc doesn't lift, that's all i've learnt here --
    MY OPINION is the big lifts are most a bunch of bollocks for most people in terms of hypertrophy
    Read Lyle McDonald's book on the Ultimate Diet 2.0 or whatever, he has a good explanation.
    giving you da pump.
    weight: 182 lbs

Quality weight though but that doesn't warrant dismissing the validity of going heavy on the big 3 when its needed...
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    Someone with a more evenly distributed frame will have similiar specs as someone with a "flatter" frame as it takes less mass to fill out the same diameter of an oblong object versus a symmetrical object.

Also, 16" arms is actually decent for your stats. I have 16.5" arms and I bench 5x5 295.
    i'm struggling with 90kg at the moment for 5 - not even 5 x 5 and have 15.5 inch arms - and if your avi is accurate, much lower body fat which could account for half an inch of fat or so...maybe less

what does this tell you about the bench lol?

Originally Posted by 4g64fiero View Post
    weight: 182 lbs

Quality weight though
    your body fat is like 25%???? FFS!!!

big 3 are awesome!! not trying to disqualify them!! just saying for hypertrophy...not sure about efficacy!

Originally Posted by HIIT View Post
    your body fat is like 25%???? FFS!!!
    IDGAF

You're impressed with a 275 bench and you are telling this guy to ignore everyone. That makes no sense.

He is already going ham on accessories, so what does that tell you....
    Jesus wasn't a pacifist

are you guys judging people by how much they lift or how aesthetic they are?

lots of strongmen aren't as cut up as others

I don't understand the back and fourth. weights are just numbers, without proper form heavy weight lifters are pointless

MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im 6'1, 195lb, bench 225x6 and have 14in arms. sucks so bad. i do everything i possibly can for arms (compounds and isolations) they seriously wont grow at all

Originally Posted by MrUgly View Post
    im 6'1, 195lb, bench 225x6 and have 14in arms. sucks so bad. i do everything i possibly can for arms (compounds and isolations) they seriously wont grow at all
    biceps:

pull ups, hands facing you
    21's
    strict EZ bar curls
    alternating db curls

triceps:

close grip bench press
    dips
    overhead db tricep extensions
    skullcrushers

all exercises done slow and controlled

do lots of drop sets and supersets.

aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aevn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you are 6'4 220lbs with 16" arms and 14.5" calves you are carrying some serious fat

MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrUgly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    biceps:

pull ups, hands facing you
    21's
    strict EZ bar curls
    alternating db curls

triceps:

close grip bench press
    dips
    overhead db tricep extensions
    skullcrushers

all exercises done slow and controlled

do lots of drop sets and supersets.
    i do all of those exact exercises....

Originally Posted by aevn View Post
    if you are 6'4 220lbs with 16" arms and 14.5" calves you are carrying some serious fat
    no not really dude

im not fat at all actually

calves=poor genetics from dad...he has toddler calves too...sucks
    "Shut up and train"
    "No Excuses, Just DO IT"