Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many people actually went to school for this?

As in kines, a&p, biol/chem etc? Just curious to see the ratio of actual school vs. training certs vs. bro science ppl.

Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It becomes more fun when you begin to apply the information, srs.

brb active lifestyle
    brb most current rehab techniques
    brb awesome

Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000) Kcabo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Majored in Biology.
    The more I eat and the heavier I train - the better my 'genetics' get.

Penn State Alumni Crew

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    There is a huge difference between school and personal research. When you are passionate about something you actually seek to retain information, you research exactly what interests you instead of a broad spectrum and the sky is the limit on how far you'd like to go. Outside sources and independent research are a huge part of school and a huge part of this forum for gym rats like myself.

School is an excellent resource for many reasons, but I think it would be silly to consider everyone who didn't go to school specifically for this to have a "bro science" opinion.

You see the same thing with most personal trainers compared to passionate site members. It isn't a coincidence that so many PTs don't know a thing about programming, form and nutrition.

When you put in the time to understand something on your own, you end up with a wealth of knowledge.

Obviously I didn't go to school for fitness. lol. Bach in Bus Admin.
    Experience, not just theory

shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shqiptare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by gw165174 View Post
    As in kines, a&p, biol/chem etc? Just curious to see the ratio of actual school vs. training certs vs. bro science ppl.
    Nursing degree. Back in school for further science love (perhaps biochem or neurobiology) have some more lower level chit to take before I decide.
    Twinlab Militia Member

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My degree is in education. I wager I could probably teach and advise people on health/fitness better than many science majors Content knowledge is only part of the equation. That being said, I'm upgrading my background in the health sciences, because it is important too.

Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I did a PhD in thermodynamics a few years back and now profess in astrophysics at a good uni. As a part of my Science degree, I covered a lot of chemistry and gained a lot of knowledge on cellular functions but nothing can beat experience and tried & tested advice. I may know about processes but some side effects and by-products of sups can only be appreciated by social clinical trials (rather than medical) where masses of people try and test products themselves.

Many times I have listened to a P.T (respectfully) where their theories don't make scientific sense but is consider trade knowledge and for some reason sticks - for e.g. low reps add mass and high reps cut.......based on what? the thin line between reducing fat and gaining muscle!! i just nod away

Last edited by Hawksmere; 10-30-2013 at 07:52 AM.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Hawksmere View Post
    I did a PhD in thermodynamics a few years back and now profess in astrophysics at a good uni. As a part of my Science degree, I covered a lot of chemistry and gained a lot of knowledge on cellular functions but nothing can beat experience and tried & tested advice. I may know about processes but some side effects and by-products of sups can only be appreciated by social clinical trials (rather than medical) where masses of people try and test products themselves.

Many times I have listened to a P.T (respectfully) where their theories don't make scientific sense but is consider trade knowledge and for some reason sticks - for e.g. low reps add mass and high reps cut.......based on what? the line line between reducing fat and gaining muscle!! i just nod away
    You must cry when you see people cite Dr. Mercola's "studies" on milk consumption It makes me cry too. Apparently basic citation and research is no longer taught in high school these days, despite the rampant use of online sources. We live in a world where Jenny McCarthy has authoritative prescence on what medical decisions parents make.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I studied biochemistry for my own reasons.

Based on the kinesiology majors I've met in real life, I've concluded that a degree in kinesiology is worth less than a snotty kleenex at the bottom of a dumpster. The number of fatties and DYEL that I meet in real life who are alleged kinesiology degree holders makes it clear to me that forcing ******* striver poors in their early 20's to memorize and recite info on a topic does nothing to fix their lack of achievement in the areas they crammed for to pass their exams.

This is not a catchall statement as I know there must be a point to kinesiology somewhere, but everyone I've met who has that degree has been pants crappingly retarded and led me to surmise that they majored in exercise with the hopes of getting healthy just as every sad fatty emotional eater majors in psychology hoping that for the low low price of only $50,000 in student debt they can take enough classes to finally sort out their daddy issues.

Please, somebody explain to me what kinesiology is and why it is important. I feel the legions of slow uncoordinated weaklings intellectualizing about exercises they never perform has irreparably tainted my view of this field of study.

Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hawksmere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I only really cringe when people elaborate on areas they have no clue in. If someone has studied milk consumption for years and years and has journals that have been published/approved then fair play, I will read them and most likely not bother testing their theory unless it is within my active remit....but some skinny PT who has just started shaving telling me that I need to consume my p/w steak within 15 minutes for optimum benefit will be ignored....not to be a pedantic a**hole but to see if it makes science sense... In physics, if it cannot be scientifically experimented on (repeatedly) and observed/scrutinised then it doesn't make the grade.

But I don't argue with them, when I hear turd talk, i just nod, ignore and let it be.....something that age has taught me

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.” ― Euripides, Bacchae

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    You must cry when you see people cite Dr. Mercola's "studies" on milk consumption It makes me cry too. Apparently basic citation and research is no longer taught in high school these days, despite the rampant use of online sources. We live in a world where Jenny McCarthy has authoritative prescence on what medical decisions parents make.

DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    About to finish my doctorate in medicine.
    Check out my Lifestyle Medicine blog: www.youtube.com/user/DrJohnKiel

DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJKiel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hawksmere View Post

But I don't argue with them, when I hear turd talk, i just nod, ignore and let it be.....something that age has taught me
    Words to live by in the world of medicine.
    Check out my Lifestyle Medicine blog: www.youtube.com/user/DrJohnKiel

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I was r3cently accepted at bidybalding school.

I am excite.
    Who was this love of yours?

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I went to the school of Hard Knox
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went Law School, so no formal schooling in the area.

However been reading Articles, Books & learning from experience for the past 3 years - with about 10x more enthusiasm than I did for Law School. I'd say my understanding surpasses "Bro-science". I might not have a PhD but I aim to be as informed as I can be.

Law school is useful in that respect. It has taught me how to sift through vast amounts of information, identifying rationale & forming my own opinions.
    Maximum Lifts

Squat = 154lbs 5RM (ATG) | Goal = 176lbs 5RM
    Deadlift = 253lbs 3RM / 275lb 1RM | Goal = 2x BW 5RM (On Hold whilst doing AllPro)
    Bench Press = 110lbs 5RM | Goal = 1x BW 5RM

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." Invictus, William Ernest Henley.

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    There is a huge difference between school and personal research. When you are passionate about something you actually seek to retain information, you research exactly what interests you instead of a broad spectrum and the sky is the limit on how far you'd like to go. Outside sources and independent research are a huge part of school and a huge part of this forum for gym rats like myself.

School is an excellent resource for many reasons, but I think it would be silly to consider everyone who didn't go to school specifically for this to have a "bro science" opinion.

You see the same thing with most personal trainers compared to passionate site members. It isn't a coincidence that so many PTs don't know a thing about programming, form and nutrition.

When you put in the time to understand something on your own, you end up with a wealth of knowledge.
    Came in to post basically this exact statement.
    Minimalist Crew

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP's question, whether intentional or unintentional, is implying that those who have learned primarily from experience are somehow at a disadvantage. I'll go ahead and point out right now that this is complete bullsh*t.

Experience is the most valuable tool there is. No matter how much you know about anatomy, or how many studies you've read, until you apply these methods to yourself and adjust over time, you don't really know a fcking thing.
    Who was this love of yours?

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I ain't no science motha fuka, I got an MBA.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    OP's question, whether intentional or unintentional, is implying that those who have learned primarily from experience are somehow at a disadvantage. I'll go ahead and point out right now that this is complete bullsh*t.

Experience is the most valuable tool there is. No matter how much you know about anatomy, or how many studies you've read, until you apply these methods to yourself and adjust over time, you don't really know a fcking thing.

^^has exercise science degree
    Stern Crew

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Majored in death, beer and bishes at the USMC
    OG

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    An interesting question, especially from someone who's been a member of this site for almost 4 years. By now, you should have already realized the irony in the fact that the majority of those who consistently post bull**** are so-called "educated" posters.

I also find it quite humorous that those are the same posters who, in every post they write, repeat their "qualifications."

Appeals to authority only carry weight if there is actual 'authority' involved.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I'm close to finishing up a Public Health degree, and have taken basic classes in regard to general health, as well as anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology classes. While the classes aren't as in depth as more scientific majors and I'm far from an expert on these topics, they cover a fair amount about performance and how the body works.

I've never really learned anything that has applied to the gym, besides some basic anatomical stuff that has helped with form tweaking and diagnosing pain/injuries (which can obviously be a lot sometimes!). Having a massive knowledge of the science behind everything doesn't enhance anything. It doesn't take a scientist to tell someone to squat, press, and pull heavy and often.

It for sure doesn't hurt to have a science background, but that knowledge is better spent doing actual scientific work for an actual job rather than trying to reinvent something as simple as lifting weights to get bigger/stronger.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    [img ]http://www.cuttystrength.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Day-1.jpg[/img]

^^has exercise science degree
    I wouldn't doubt it. In a minute he's gonna try to "help" me with my sumo deadlift form.

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Degrees don't mean anything.

Very small portion of people in exercise sciences actually wanted to do that.

They likely failed out of the real program they were interested in. Much like failed engineers turn to business. Then when they fail out of business school they turn to education.

Like with education, there are a select few who actually wanted that for their life and weren't just complete failures who still wanted to get a college degree. These people are the ones whose degree o's actually worth something.

I have a degree in engineering and I don't feel that the piece of paper makes me and more qualified than someone who independently researched integrated circuits for 4 years.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Level 4 certified gym instructor/ personal trainer. Always researching in my spare time through personal interest and a strong desire to know the whats and the whys. The rest I hope to pick up through experience over the coming years, and by paying attention to those who have already gained that invaluable experience.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    experience trumps education all the time.
    OG

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a degree in Biological Studies. Out of all the classes I had to take only one was in physiology. Most of the classes I took were cellular based, and the majority was Prokaryote based. Most all pathways/mechanism I learned about were on the cellular level, which I always learned does not even come close to the same thing on an organismal level, there are far too many factors that we dont know about that affect these pathways. So to sum it up, my degree means jack **** when it is applied to humans.

gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gw165174 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post

Unintentional. Judging by the language it appears I struck a nerve though lol

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    An interesting question, especially from someone who's been a member of this site for almost 4 years. By now, you should have already realized the irony in the fact that the majority of those who consistently post bull**** are so-called "educated" posters.

I also find it quite humorous that those are the same posters who, in every post they write, repeat their "qualifications."
    This.

yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yup123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kelly Starrett is an amazing example of somebody who actually actively applies the knowledge acquired in school (doctor of physical therapy) and integrated it into his own personal experience/practice.

I also feel that knowing your basic anatomy and physiology is a great tool to have in everyday life