schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dips tough on shoulders: pick something else?

I'm trying to pick two assistance exercises for triceps for my next GBR cycle. Last time I used lying cambered bar extensions and CGBP. I want to keep the CGBP and would like to add dips.

BUT, dips make my shoulders cranky and I can't do them without assistance yet (at least not with a full ROM for 12-15 reps).

Should I just not attempt the dips at all? Or do I just need to toughen up and maybe build the strength to be able to do them and my shoulders will adapt? Any way to do them that's more shoulder-friendly?

UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTCFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    I'm trying to pick two assistance exercises for triceps for my next GBR cycle. Last time I used lying cambered bar extensions and CGBP. I want to keep the CGBP and would like to add dips.

BUT, dips make my shoulders cranky and I can't do them without assistance yet (at least not with a full ROM for 12-15 reps).

Should I just not attempt the dips at all? Or do I just need to toughen up and maybe build the strength to be able to do them and my shoulders will adapt? Any way to do them that's more shoulder-friendly?
    Dips with rings feel better on my shoulders. You could try doing pushups on rings adding weight until you're strong enough to do dips.
    Check out my Ebay Listings-
    http://myworld.ebay.com/undergroundtraining
    Official Website http://www.UG-TRAINING.COM
    Check out my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/UTCFitness
    Photos of my equipment http://www.********.com/undergroundtraining
    Contact me on FB or Ebay concerning my equipment
    Follow us on Twitter
    http://www.twitter.com/UGtraining

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We don't have rings

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tate press
    JM press

Tate press looking interesting though I wonder how kind it would be to my elbows and shoulders.

JM press doesn't really appeal as I'm looking for something to do without having to use a bar.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    JM press doesn't really appeal as I'm looking for something to do without having to use a bar.
    Diamond pushups.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Form correction was crucial for me, as far as you're describing with shoulders.

Are they bench dips or inline? Are you focusing on triceps or chest?
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Diamond pushups.
    I could try that. Haven't done push ups in a long time! Would these be better than, say, a French press or a cable rope pushdown?

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Form correction was crucial for me, as far as you're describing with shoulders.

Are they bench dips or inline? Are you focusing on triceps or chest?
    I was thinking parallel bar dips on the weight assist machine. I'm looking for a triceps isolation exercise. Got CGBP on one day and need something for the other upper body day.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just go down far enough on dips where they don't hurt your shoulders. As you gan strength you can go a little deeper until you're where you need to be.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Just go down far enough on dips where they don't hurt your shoulders. As you gan strength you can go a little deeper until you're where you need to be.
    I can try that too if reduced ROM is still worthwhile.

Maybe my form just royally sucks. What vids would you guys recommend show form the best or discuss how to avoid poor shoulder positioning?

Diamond pushups will work all three heads hard. Not sure about pushdowns and French presses [long head emphasis].

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can try that too if reduced ROM is still worthwhile.

Maybe my form just royally sucks. What vids would you guys recommend show form the best or discuss how to avoid poor shoulder positioning?
    You want to tuck your chin to your chest and have your feet below your head and concentrate on using your pecs to push back up. Once you get your mind involved your form will correct itself
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One thing I had to do was make sure my shoulders were able to suspend my body securely on the bars. My first several reps start with minimal rom, and ramp up to somewhere below parallel.

I don't really feel it in my pecs, but there are muscles in my chest region that are bringing the arms in. It helps me to let my elbows flare, instead of angling them straight behind me.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.