LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Activity Modifer & TDEE Help!

So this one is really starting to hurt my brain.

I workout about 6 times a week or more. 3 days weight training 30mins-1 hour, 3-4 days MISS/LISS cardio 30-45mins, then at least 1 hockey game a week which I consider HITT.
    The rest of the hours of the week I am usually sitting on my ass...work is a solid 8 hours behind a desk.

Where I always get messed up is, do I add the activity multiplier, eat the calories it shows and lift/cardio as usual ***or*** do I eat the calories shown, then lift/cardio and subtract those calories against the TDEE and keep going? So F-ing confusing.

Right now I just keep the multiplier on lowest and subtract my lifting or cardio activity for the day and then eat back the calories till I reach goal but I'm worried this is cutting into my muscle mass for weight loss because last week I weighed in at 161, this week at 156, that is way too much weight to be just fat.

For anyone out there who can help me, HELP!!!

Thanks!
    Long term goal to do Arnold Classic Amateur Mens Physique

Current maxes:
    Deads: 455 1RM
    Bench: 335 1RM
    Squats: 335 2RM
    Finally hit that 1k Club and then some, you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it!

First (only) NPC show results: 1st True Novice/2nd Open Class A Mens Physique

Follow me on Instagram: liftinglou

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just pick an activity level and monitor weight, you WILL have to make adjustments. it is just an estimate anyway
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LouD67 View Post
    So this one is really starting to hurt my brain.

I workout about 6 times a week or more. 3 days weight training 30mins-1 hour, 3-4 days MISS/LISS cardio 30-45mins, then at least 1 hockey game a week which I consider HITT.
    The rest of the hours of the week I am usually sitting on my ass...work is a solid 8 hours behind a desk.

Where I always get messed up is, do I add the activity multiplier, eat the calories it shows and lift/cardio as usual ***or*** do I eat the calories shown, then lift/cardio and subtract those calories against the TDEE and keep going? So F-ing confusing.

Right now I just keep the multiplier on lowest and subtract my lifting or cardio activity for the day and then eat back the calories till I reach goal but I'm worried this is cutting into my muscle mass for weight loss because last week I weighed in at 161, this week at 156, that is way too much weight to be just fat.

For anyone out there who can help me, HELP!!!

Thanks!
    First off, i'm assuming you're cutting...

No to both options. You don't subtract the calories burned during exercise..

You multiply your activity modifier to your BMR and get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), some call it your Maintenance level. How many calories needed to remain the same with no loss or gain. To lose weight you subtract 10-20% from your TDEE, that number is the amount of calories you should eat to lose weight...
    **Former 300 lb+ crew**
    **Forever cutting crew**

Start weight: 325 lbs
    Current weight: 219 lbs

Forever Cutting Coming to a Close: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165710491&p=1325547941#post1325547941

LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LouD67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sa7soon View Post
    First off, i'm assuming you're cutting...

No to both options. You don't subtract the calories burned during exercise..

You multiply your activity modifier to your BMR and get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure), some call it your Maintenance level. How many calories needed to remain the same with no loss or gain. To lose weight you subtract 10-20% from your TDEE, that number is the amount of calories you should eat to lose weight...
    Yes to cutting, so you say eat only my TDEE (-20%), exercise, but don't count the calories burned through weight training/cardio at all?

Current maxes:
    Finally hit that 1k Club and then some, you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it!

sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LouD67 View Post
    Yes to cutting, so you say eat only my TDEE (-20%), exercise, but don't count the calories burned through weight training/cardio at all?
    Yes exactly.. The calories burned through weight training/cardio are accounted for in the activity factor.

So we've established that your TDEE - 20% is your cal intake.
    Well of your cal intake you have to make certain to eat AT LEAST 130+g of Protein so the loss to lean body mass is minimal, and 65-80g of Fat for long term satiety + regular hormone production..

Good luck!

EDIT: For future reference, this does not belong in the "Advanced nutrition" section it belongs in the "Nutrition" section.
    **Former 300 lb+ crew**
    **Forever cutting crew**

Start weight: 325 lbs
    Current weight: 219 lbs

Forever Cutting Coming to a Close: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165710491&p=1325547941#post1325547941

Originally Posted by sa7soon View Post
    Yes exactly.. The calories burned through weight training/cardio are accounted for in the activity factor.

So we've established that your TDEE - 20% is your cal intake.
    Well of your cal intake you have to make certain to eat AT LEAST 130+g of Protein so the loss to lean body mass is minimal, and 65-80g of Fat for long term satiety + regular hormone production..

Good luck!
    Thanks man, you completely broke that down to English for. Yeah rest day fat is around 80 and protein is about 141 consistently through the week.

Current maxes: