diceam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diceam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

best motivation ever

ok, so i went on a huge health kick going into the summer and was probably in the best shape of my life at 6'2 190. maybe 20% bf or something at best (nothing special).

i burnt out (unsustainable program) and proceeded to completely disregard healthy eating and exercise for the next three months until i decided to start eating like a non-moron and lifting regularly about a week ago.

i was literally afraid to weigh myself because i thought it was going to be so bad. i worked up the intestinal fortitude to do it tonight. my objective guess was 213.5. somehow, 180?! i even checked the scale's accuracy using dumbells, officially marking the first time something i learned on "salute your shorts" benefited me in life. i must have a serious case of body dysmorphia, because i looked embarassingly fat to myself in the mirror as of a week ago. yes, i'm a bit skinny-fat, but it would be kind to refer to what i saw as skinny-fat.

that's pretty much the best motivation ever. being at the lowest weight i've been in for several years along with the benefit of quick newbie lifting gains ahead is a pretty smooth way to adjust to a workout routine. can't wait to get into that gym when it feels like it makes a noticeable difference every day.

now i just have to learn how to keep it up when plateau time comes, and the battle will be won forever!

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good luck, if you believe you have a serious case of body dysmorphia it may be something to keep an eye on...stay safe
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riffdex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also possible you lost a fair amount of muscle mass when you stopped exercising, which partially counters any increase on the scale due to fat gain and understates your increase in bodyfat. Keep strong, bro!
    Disregard Cardio, Acquire Muscle

diceam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diceam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, there was certainly loss of muscle mass and strength involved. i was convinced i had put on a ton of fat though, so it was quite a relief. now that i'm dedicated (for the time being) to lifting, strength is coming back quickly and i see definite results from even a week ago.

basically, i was mentally geared up to have to cut from 215 to 165 and in actuality i have to cut from 180 to 165. felt good lol
    Last edited by diceam; 10-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.

moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good luck man...may the iron be with you !!!
    I don't workout to be fit...

I workout because I REFUSE to remain AVERAGE !!!
    I workout because I REFUSE to be just like everybody else !!!

Make it Happen !!!

jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50) jimboslizzl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah

thanks for chiming in jim.

anyway, this has helped me to be really disciplined about hitting the gym hard every day and eating at a healthy deficit, consistently for 14 days with no slipups. cheat days and easing up a bit will come soon, but i'm trying to take advantage of the situation and get the most out of it that i can right now.

currently at 176 and seeing quick gains in mass and definition in chest/arms/legs (3 months of acting like a sloth will lead to that i guess). i think i'm about 10 pounds away from my first ever 4-pack! weak, i know.

spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spillmouse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep hustling cuz
    *Seahawks *Raptors *Canucks *BlueJays *Washington Huskies*

*Personal Trainer*

*Natural Physique Competitor*