Closed Thread
    Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sick of the top heavy look

Yea I've only been bulking for a short period of time But its a little more difficult than i expected.

I did want to gain lots of muscle and had even given some thought to maybe competing one day but now im thinking ill hold off until i have a better schedule and my kids become a little more independent, that way i can put more than 30% into it.

I can tell that i have some *slight* newbie gains and for the way that im trying to sculpt my body this might be all i need for now. Physiques that I've described before are more realistic for me right now (Draya Michelle, chantel jeffries, Rhianna) thin but not flabby/not skinny fat.

I feel like with my height and as quickly as my body changes i could achieve the slender lean look again only this time flab free........? just until im ready to put 100% into building...

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dnkibble View Post
    I did want to gain lots of muscle and had even given some thought to maybe competing one day but now im thinking ill hold off until i have a better schedule

for the way that im trying to sculpt my body this might be all i need for now
    indeed it is. you've made a great decision that will benefit you in years from now.

thanks for sharing and bye.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you have a question you wanted to ask?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How long have you been bulking?
    How much have you gained?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yea I've only been bulking for a short period of time But its a little more difficult than i expected.

I did want to gain lots of muscle and had even given some thought to maybe competing one day but now im thinking ill hold off until i have a better schedule and my kids become a little more independent, that way i can put more than 30% into it.

I can tell that i have some *slight* newbie gains and for the way that im trying to sculpt my body this might be all i need for now. Physiques that I've described before are more realistic for me right now (Draya Michelle, chantel jeffries, Rhianna) thin but not flabby/not skinny fat.

I feel like with my height and as quickly as my body changes i could achieve the slender lean look again only this time flab free........? just until im ready to put 100% into building...
    You'll only be "slender but lean" if you have some muscle built up underneath the fat. If not you'll only be a smaller version of what you are now if you diet down.
    Either way good luck. It seems like you are the type of person who's sporadic and suffers from some instability, I foresee a post a month from now saying you're back to bulking.

EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000) EvinHoll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    You'll only be "slender but lean" if you have some muscle built up underneath the fat. If not you'll only be a smaller version of what you are now if you diet down.
    Either way good luck. It seems like you are the type of person who's sporadic and suffers from some instability, I foresee a post a month from now saying you're back to bulking.
    ^this, this and this

OP, I've seen you pic. You don't have anything to "sculpt". A bulk would be best. But, as stated above, you'll prob change your mind 3 more times before the year is up.
    Either way, good luck figuring that out
    ^ wild, insatiable beast.
    Human Evolution Athlete
    MS BioMed Engineering

EvinHoll's Likely Off-Topic Physique Comp Journal!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160585891

Instagram: @AestheticFcknHolloway
    Www.********.com/hollowayguillory

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP must realize that everyone reading this thread is currently using her as an object lesson in what "spinning your wheels" looks like. :/

Here's a thought. Fitness goals can be fun even if unrelated to body comp. Try to set some performance goals instead and see how you make out with that. That's basically all I do and I'm happy that way.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iJ0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    this...

what's the question.

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Here's a thought. Fitness goals can be fun even if unrelated to body comp. Try to set some performance goals instead and see how you make out with that. That's basically all I do and I'm happy that way.
    Read this sentence and immediately thought, we need an achievements list. Like on video games.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP must realize that everyone reading this thread is currently using her as an object lesson in what "spinning your wheels" looks like. :/
    quite possibly. but i don't understand what's so 'difficult' about building a base when you're a rank newbie.

all you have to do is eat food and lift weights with a good beginner/intermediate program for 40-50 minutes 3-4 days a week . . . for a few years. how hard is that?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    quite possibly. but i don't understand what's so 'difficult' about building a base when you're a rank newbie.

all you have to do is eat food and lift weights with a good beginner/intermediate program for 40-50 minutes 3-4 days a week . . . for a few years. how hard is that?

But where is the immediate gratification of radically fast compositional changes with that???
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dnkibble has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought I mentioned that most of my issue with the bulking so far seems to be time/dedication...when i start something i like to be able to put 100% into it. Between the kids marriage, and school i just can't put as much into it as i would like. The fact that i look top heavy is just icing on the cake........ maybe im not doing it right. I've slacked off a lot . But that's my point.

To answer the how much.. i probably gained about 8lbs so im sure i gained too much due to my lack of tracking and all. Might not seem like much but when you have pictures being snapped off guard and jiggly arms becomes uncomfortable and noticeable. I was hoping if i lost the weight this time eating more than 900 cals and lifting heavy i would have a better outcome , but according to you all i will just be a smaller version of what i am now..? So im unsure right now. Its not like I immediately stopped bulking, of course i ask and research first.

I did read an article that says it is possible to do bulks and cuts in two week intervals...... so idk right now, just weighing it out.

No question really... just wanted opinions on whether or not flab can be knocked down just by leaning and lifting. Maybe i have asked this already....i may have forgotten. If you don't have anything positive or resourceful to say please remember you are not being forced to respond and because i don't know and will never see any of you, the childish and "witty" comments are ignored deleted or reported.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dnkibble; 10-29-2013 at 06:01 AM.

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey sometimes we all just need a little encouragement... Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!!!
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CathyVee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

No question really... just wanted opinions on whether or not flab can be knocked down just by leaning and lifting. Maybe i have asked this already....i may have forgotten. If you don't have anything positive or resourceful to say please remember you are not being forced to respond and because i don't know and will never see any of you, the childish and "witty" comments are ignored deleted or reported.

Thanks
    I think the "witty" comments you're getting are a result of you posting every thought that comes into your head. You ask for advice, ignore it and then come back asking the same question. You're not serious so why should others be serious?
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140511571

ProMera Pump Extreme Log with IrishLassie78: COMPLETED

*TEAM AMAZON* -- Sisterhood of Iron

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah, Dnkibble, the problem with your posts is that you write on a message board things that mature people know to keep inside their heads.

A LOT of us go back and forth and struggle to make decisions. But it's far more respectful to internalize that: make your decision in your own head, for yourself. Then come and ask for HELP in attaining goals. What you are doing is trying to engage in an internal dialogue, but involving other people, and it comes across as disrespectful of everyone's time. What you really seem to want is not advice but validation. So the people who give you advice get frustrated (you aren't taking it) and YOU get frustrated because you don't like the advice--because you don't know what you want!

Figure out what you want.

That's all you.

Then come talk to us and we can share experience, commiserate, and maybe even advise... but you're coming here just to publicly question yourself. It's no-win because no one has answers but you.

ETA by the way, if you do decide to get serious about lifting, you need to carry forward that lesson: that it's all on you. No one else is going to make the decision to stand up with the barbell on your back. When you question whether you can move the weight, only you can answer.

That is why I say performance goals are often more valuable than aesthetic ones: because aesthetics are totally fickle. You can always find something to question and be insecure about. The women I respect here the most are those who know that aesthetics are a SIDE EFFECT of training success, just like happiness is a side effect of life success.

IDK why I went on so long here, I am just getting awfully frustrated with the dynamic of threads like this.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Thumbs up

Yeah, Dnkibble, the problem with your posts is that you write on a message board things that mature people know to keep inside their heads.

A LOT of us go back and forth and struggle to make decisions. But it's far more respectful to internalize that: make your decision in your own head, for yourself. Then come and ask for HELP in attaining goals. What you are doing is trying to engage in an internal dialogue, but involving other people, and it comes across as disrespectful of everyone's time. What you really seem to want is not advice but validation. So the people who give you advice get frustrated (you aren't taking it) and YOU get frustrated because you don't like the advice--because you don't know what you want!

Figure out what you want.

That's all you.

Then come talk to us and we can share experience, commiserate, and maybe even advise... but you're coming here just to publicly question yourself. It's no-win because no one has answers but you.

ETA by the way, if you do decide to get serious about lifting, you need to carry forward that lesson: that it's all on you. No one else is going to make the decision to stand up with the barbell on your back. When you question whether you can move the weight, only you can answer.

That is why I say performance goals are often more valuable than aesthetic ones: because aesthetics are totally fickle. You can always find something to question and be insecure about. The women I respect here the most are those who know that aesthetics are a SIDE EFFECT of training success, just like happiness is a side effect of life success.

IDK why I went on so long here, I am just getting awfully frustrated with the dynamic of threads like this.

Lol yea

It's been real...

Thanks bb

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Girrrrla, BYE!

Who gives a flying **** if I post my every ****ing thought! Instead of using paper I post on here so tf what. Being Mature is seeing a post that you feel is going to cause frustration and IGNORING it , immaturity is responding to try to prove yourself to others ...... Get tf over it, if I cause so much frustration ignore it ...!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Who gives a flying **** if I post my every ****ing thought! Instead of using paper I post on here so tf what. Being Mature is seeing a post that you feel is going to cause frustration and IGNORING it , immaturity is responding to try to prove yourself to others ...... Get tf over it, if I cause so much frustration ignore it ...!
    Well, those of us who are regular contributers/posters do give a flying **** because it clutters the board and obscures threads from those who want and need help too.

If you want to write every thought, GO AHEAD, but please keep it in a journal in the journal section, not the main board.