Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Abs, where to start?

I am doing Layne Nortons PHAT and am content with my gains and bulk. However, my abs are not going anywhere. Where do I start? Would doing P90X ab ripper x everyother day be a good place for some "noob abs"?

thanks,

WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10) WorkoutToGain is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are you wanting stronger abdominals, or are you wanting them to be visible?

To have your abs visible during a bulk is very rare because of the fat gained from bulking. You would need to lose weight to have visible abs.

Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Magellan14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WorkoutToGain View Post
    Are you wanting stronger abdominals, or are you wanting them to be visible?

To have your abs visible during a bulk is very rare because of the fat gained from bulking. You would need to lose weight to have visible abs.
    I want my abs to be visible

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Magellan14 View Post
    I want my abs to be visible
    that comes down to low body fat. But if you start dieting without first building a good base of muscle you may never reach your goal - or at best will end up looking scrawny and weak. Get to around 190lbs and doing back squat reps with 300 lbs before thinking about cutting

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    that comes down to low body fat. But if you start dieting without first building a good base of muscle you may never reach your goal - or at best will end up looking scrawny and weak. Get to around 190lbs and doing back squat reps with 300 lbs before thinking about cutting
    1) How do I gain 30lbs if I already eat everything I see?
    2) Why back squats?
    and 3) Can you not be 160lbs, have a six pack, and still back squatting, for your sake, a decent amount?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Eat more, eat more calorie dense foods, be consistent with your intake, measure don't guess

Back squats was just an example indicating a general level of advancement

Of course you can be 160 with abs but you can't start from 160 and diet... More like 180-190

napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500) napa1m is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Give it time. You re not supposed to gain that weight overnight, its going to take months maybe even a full year to add 30 lbs (mostly lean mass) and dont eat everything you see, or else you re going to gain more fat and have a even harder time dieting down. Keep your diet fairly clean and gain weight slowly. Your abs can wait

Good luck

dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2) Why back squats?
    and 3) Can you not be 160lbs, have a six pack, and still back squatting, for your sake, a decent amount?
    If you are not gaining weight then eat more. It really is as easy as that. Use an app like My Fitness Pal to log your meals and make sure you are eating enough.

I was frustrated once because I swore I was eating enough but not growing. Started logging my meals and discovered I was barely eating enough for maintenance. Just goes to show you how off you can be when just keeping track in your head.

SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SkydogGinsberg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dgrierms View Post
    If you are not gaining weight then eat more. It really is as easy as that. Use an app like My Fitness Pal to log your meals and make sure you are eating enough.

I was frustrated once because I swore I was eating enough but not growing. Started logging my meals and discovered I was barely eating enough for maintenance. Just goes to show you how off you can be when just keeping track in your head.
    'Grats on getting that sorted out. Smart words ^^ OP should heed.

garrit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll be able to see your abs at any weight. I see lots of younger guys at the gym flexing theirs, but it's because they are skinny and have a little muscle.

Wait type of abs are you looking for?
    Do you just want to see them for show?
    Do you want your entire body to match your abs?

It all comes down to diet to get those abs to be seen (if you already go to the gym and work hard)
    If you want to gain solid weight. Eat fueling foods and lots of them. Just because you eat everything in sight doesn't mean you will gain, it might hurt your gains.

And it takes TIME... Might are just starting to peek out and it's taken lots of work. In the gym and in the kitchen.

tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tvoland has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by garrit View Post
    You'll be able to see your abs at any weight. I see lots of younger guys at the gym flexing theirs, but it's because they are skinny and have a little muscle.

Wait type of abs are you looking for?
    Do you just want to see them for show?
    Do you want your entire body to match your abs?

It all comes down to diet to get those abs to be seen (if you already go to the gym and work hard)
    If you want to gain solid weight. Eat fueling foods and lots of them. Just because you eat everything in sight doesn't mean you will gain, it might hurt your gains.

And it takes TIME... Might are just starting to peek out and it's taken lots of work. In the gym and in the kitchen.
    OP, listen to this, best advice

markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) markusos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Start running early morning and drink hot water right after you wake up!! this is how it worked out for me!! Good Luck

Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Krugg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I am doing Layne Nortons PHAT and am content with my gains and bulk. However, my abs are not going anywhere. Where do I start? Would doing P90X ab ripper x everyother day be a good place for some "noob abs"?

thanks,
    They're not going anywhere? Maybe you don't use them during your workouts, letting your lower back do all the work.

In order for abs or any muscle to be "visible", you have to have a balanced muscle to fat ratio. It's best to focus on either building muscle or losing fat. They can be done at the same time but you'd probably be disappointed with the results.