OCTrojan24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Milk during cut; cottage cheese before bed?

I am currently in the cutting phase and i am consuming about 40 oz of skim milk per day (through 2 protein shakes & a bowl of Fiber One in the morning). Will this effect my cutting progress much? I like having the milk as it ups my calories to the level i am looking for.

I am also considering eating some low fat cottage cheese before bed to up my calories a little bit more on lifting days. Is this a bad idea or something that i should probably consider?

Thank you!

Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freeze2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From what i've read, milk and cottage cheese are actually good for you before bed.

They have good fats in them and whatnot and help reduce bodyfat.... Its not bad to have them before bed.

barhoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Milk and Cottage cheese are perfect foods before bed as they contain casein protein which great for fueling your body whuile you are asleep.

OCTrojan24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So this is perfectly fine during a cut? Not to much milk during the day?

barhoom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As long as your macros and calories are in the right range, there should be no problem with the amount of milk you are consuming. DRINK UP!

MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MDalton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Milk is fine for you. If you read the Nutrition thread, particularly the "pre, during, and post workout nutrition" thread it talks about milk and why its helpful. There's even a cottage cheese thread with a link to a very informative article about why cottage cheese is good for you before bed.

Basically, milk has protein and essential amino acids. Cottage cheese has casein protein (as opposed to whey protein) which is good for the night time. Why? Because during the night, your body goes into a catabolic state because you are fasting for so long. Whey protein breaks down into your blood stream relatively quickly, but also wears out quickly. Casein protein on the other hand takes a little longer to get in there, and thus stays in there a little longer, so its just the right kind of protein to have before bedtime.

Yay for my first post.
    -dalt
    Last edited by MDalton; 02-22-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I drink a cup of skim milk in the morning with my whey, and then about a cup at night with a piece of wheat bread with some peanut butter on it. I don't do it right before bed though. Maybe 30-45 min just in case lol.