crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cutting and breaks (american football - wr's ect

first, what kind of exercises can i do to improve my routes (cutting, breaks ect)

second, what muscles do i need to work on; - obviously hamstrings and quads, but what about the smaller support muscles, abductors ect.

Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bloodstone79 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The best thing you can do to improve routes is to run routes. Preferably with your QB so you can get two birds with one stone. If you don't get enough time or attention in practice running routes, stay after or find another time to run each important one as much as you can. Timing and chemistry with your QB is important, so try it with him as much as you can, but outside of that just run your routes as hard as you can and really focus on the cut/stutter/move each time.

Other than running routes, agility drills in the offseason always help. It's pretty easy to just make up drills if your coaches don't give you any. If you run a lot of curls do lots of stop/turn around drills; lots of slants do lots of 45-75 degree angle cut drills, etc. Also do lots of jumping drills to improve explosiveness and vertical so you can get high.

Squatting and cleans would be most important, but core is also important. Speed/agility are most important for WR type positions, so don't lose yourself too much in lifting. If you're young, just focus on basic strength and get a good foundation built up through compound lifts such as squats, cleans, presses, etc. and focus on those routes (and CATCHING!) and you'll improve.
    26 - 5'11'' - 210 lb
    PR's - Squat 355 | Bench 315 | Conv. Deadlift 440 (435 Sumo) | Total 1110
    "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155555983