Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Pasta Before Workout

Before you get upset that this has been asked numerous times, I've been looking for a straight answer for some time and to no avail

Is pasta a good carb source an hour to half hour before a workout?

I'm not as familiar with the glycogen shuttling process as I should be so I can't comment but I remember people saying it might just make you feel tired

Thanks in advance for your time
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not for me. Pasta would probably make me puke during my workout.

Carb timing or meal timing is really up to you and your personal preference. Whatever timing for your own body and digestive system will be all up to you.

That being said, glycogen stores will be at its optimal level if you are sufficient calories on a daily basis. That being said, unless you're not eating for several days, you're fine.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Premium Gold Member strengthgained's Avatar
    strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strengthgained has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Not for me. Pasta would probably make me puke during my workout.

Carb timing or meal timing is really up to you and your personal preference. Whatever timing for your own body and digestive system will be all up to you.

That being said, glycogen stores will be at its optimal level if you are sufficient calories on a daily basis. That being said, unless you're not eating for several days, you're fine.
    Might just skip the pasta and go with a pb sandwich with banana.

Really need to do my research because I feel like diet is so so important to every aspect of bodybuilding
    I admit all my threads suck :(

Supplements Suck

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    Might just skip the pasta and go with a pb sandwich with banana.

Really need to do my research because I feel like diet is so so important to every aspect of bodybuilding
    100% correct.

Remember, timing and frequency of meals is all subjective to you and everyone will have a different preferences.

Just remember that the #1 rule of thumb in nutrition is to hit your macros and micros on a daily basis, and that should attribute mostly to your results already.

That being said, arbitrary names of the food you consume does not attribute to your success. Thus saying you're eating pasta or pb sammich + banana doesn't really tell us if you're doing the above.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaMan1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by strengthgained View Post
    Before you get upset that this has been asked numerous times, I've been looking for a straight answer for some time and to no avail

Is pasta a good carb source an hour to half hour before a workout?

I'm not as familiar with the glycogen shuttling process as I should be so I can't comment but I remember people saying it might just make you feel tired

Thanks in advance for your time

regardless pasta gives Me... gas

LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LadyBigFood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My dad was a big bb in the 80's, before a lot of pwo's were available. Him and his lifting buddies used to boil a pot of pasta, stick the whole thing in a blender, and slam that before they'd workout. That and a large vat of black coffee, lol.
    "The myth that women shouldn't lift heavy is only perpetuated by women who fear work and men who fear women."

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's entirely irrelevant, sans person preference and the context of total daily nutrition.

For me, I train in an overnight fasted state because that's my preference.

Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Zmeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pasta has always worked for me before the gym.
    My farts hospitalise small children...

☢ Fallout 4 crew ☢

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do great on a plate of pasta. Lots of power.

I must combine it with fats and protein though, otherwise the insulin response would make me sleepy.