Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2043
    lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NitrogenWidget View Post
    want to know how I know i'm on a deficit?
    I haven't taken my morning constitutional despite eating 2 chicken breasts & a whole bag of steam able mixed veggies in cheese sauce for dinner.

Time to add some fiber.

Lmao.

Can I hop in still Nitro?

Ready to lift mykids 24/7 Frontman44's Avatar
    Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rocketman766 View Post
    I'm curious to know if others here have seen a doc about weight loss, did they just say the same thing that you can find on any 1950's advertisement.... "just eat 3 squares a day, follow the food pyramid, excercise, blah blah blah..." or did they give a honest breakdown of what you should do or ??????
    I spoke with a dietician from the cancer clinic at an appointment I had mid summer. It was a few months after I had dropped from 235 to 202. We reviewed all the changes I made to my diet that got me as far as I had and he made suggestions that were relative to me and my health. Essentially he supported every change that I had made with the exception of how much protein I was taking in. I applied his suggestions and finished out the summer eating to maintain my weight. Then I started back on a plan to start losing again at the start of fall.

Overall it was worth the sit down simply because he explained the impact of my diet and how it could impact my current health. If that is what your wife is worried about...it may be worth the peace of mind for the both of you. Who knows, maybe once she is told that you are not doing anything wrong, she may become more supportive of your efforts.
    "Success requires no apologies, failure permits no alibis"

Napoleon Hill.

Current Goal: 185 lbs by August 1st, 2019

Current Weight 207.6 lbs.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lucksterx View Post
    Lmao.

Can I hop in still Nitro?
    you have mail
    start where you are

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    Meals are more filling because you have to eat a ton of protein and fat. I actually have to make myself eat on a low carb diet whereas I'm out of control on a regular diet. Thus, it makes me lose faster due to less binges / setbacks and the ability to feel fuller on less calories. I'm starving at 1800 calories on a reg diet, but have to force myself to eat 1200-1400 on a low carb diet. Eating nothing but meat, veggies, and healthy fats also teaches you how to make better food choices overall. You wake up every morning with a super flat stomach and don't have problems with weight fluctuations. Seeing a consistent drop makes me super motivated and makes me push harder versus when I have a weight gain...even if it's just water, I freak out a little and feel pessimistic about my efforts. Overall, it's not found to be more effective than a regular diet. But if you adhere to a low carb diet better, then obviously, it'd be more effective for you. It all depends on the person.
    Ketogenic diets, specifically, have been shown to result in more fat loss and less muscle loss than a traditional deficit. It was small (a few %) but it does exist. The problem is the ONLY well done studies I have been able to find are on the obese. It would be very interesting to see results from people moderately overweight/in shape. I agree with all of your pros, but the cons were too great for me. Fatigue, brain fog, lack of energy/focus at work and in the gym, expensive shopping bills, and it was hard to stick to long term.

Originally Posted by StillFat53 View Post
    Well after 2 days of low cals, high protein and 2 hour cardio and hour weights my early indications are I've lost no weight. Not gonna report in tomorrow as hopefully magic happens overnight but I doubt it.

This is pretty numbing as IMO insane training and diet and excercise requires insane results.
    It may be counter-intuitive, but you NEED rest days. I dont like them either because it feels like I'm not making progress, but your body needs to rebuild itself after the hurt you put on it in the gym. Training too hard with too few calories actually has a negative impact on fat loss. This is coming from Lyle McDonald who does not have much in the way of science on the subject, but if I trust anyone's broscience its going to be his. I have seen the same thing in my own cuts.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...iet-break.html

Also, his article on The Biggest Loser re-affirms this.

Agreed with the above, though. Its been 2 days. You should not be weighing yourself that often in the first place.

Only thing I ever hear at the docs office is "you're pretty thick in the gut...." and so thats why I am here now.

Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in, although I don't feel as good about it like I did last week, but we will just have to see what happens.
    After yet another blow up argument with my wife over my diet and workouts, I sorta half-ass agreed to go see a doctor and dietician. I think its a waste of time and money, but maybe I will learn something that I don't already know.
    I'm curious to know if others here have seen a doc about weight loss, did they just say the same thing that you can find on any 1950's advertisement.... "just eat 3 squares a day, follow the food pyramid, excercise, blah blah blah..." or did they give a honest breakdown of what you should do or ??????
    I've been following your situation with your old lady for quite some time. Honestly, I think this is starting to have more to do with her insecurities than anything else. Its hard to watch other people change and improve when you do not... All of her arguments and panicking about you getting "too big" is starting to sound like smoke and mirrors.

I have not had success talking to my GP about diet/exercise. She recommends against weight lifting except for very low weight. She said that whey/creatine were very bad for me. Counting calories is unhealthy and leads to an eating disorder and instead, I should eat small "fist size" portions. Your body cant absord more than 30g of protein at a time. It was a rehash of every bit of broscience I have ever heard.

I once had bloodwork done while on keto (not controlling for sodium or "bad" fats, either) and when it was flawless she commented that "[I] must have cut out a lot of red meat and eaten more whole grains". I lol'd and tried to explain keto... the expression on her face was hilarious.

She is in her 60's and a very "old school" doc which I like when it comes to most things, but fitness is not one of them. Many family doctors are this way - I would try to find someone with a background in sports nutrition if at all possible.

Originally Posted by Frontman44 View Post
    I spoke with a dietician from the cancer clinic at an appointment I had mid summer. It was a few months after I had dropped from 235 to 202. We reviewed all the changes I made to my diet that got me as far as I had and he made suggestions that were relative to me and my health. Essentially he supported every change that I had made with the exception of how much protein I was taking in. I applied his suggestions and finished out the summer eating to maintain my weight. Then I started back on a plan to start losing again at the start of fall.

Overall it was worth the sit down simply because he explained the impact of my diet and how it could impact my current health. If that is what your wife is worried about...it may be worth the peace of mind for the both of you. Who knows, maybe once she is told that you are not doing anything wrong, she may become more supportive of your efforts.
    I hope you are doing doing better man!

scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scohen158 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stillfat 53,

Can you provide your gender, height, weight, age, what you are currently consuming carlorie wise daily with breakdowns of proteins, fats and carbs? It will take longer than 2 days of "perfect" eating to notice results. I ask these as I want to know what you consider eating well based on size etc and I will give you my input on if you will see results eventually or not.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is consistency is key if your consistently truly in a deficit you will lose weight over time if you aren't you won't.

Do you weigh your food? To confirm you are truly eating what you think you are calorie wise?

I want to help but most people don't truly want to help themselves they say they do but don't see instant results and stop (in my opinion those people never really wanted more than saying I wish I was a millionaire but not putting any plan in action to achieve it)

I hope to hear back so I can try to help.
    Rebooted 2/24/2015: 286 lbs

Started at 317 lbs in Feb 2012 Ended 172.2 in October 2013.

^Former 300+lb Crew^

Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frontman44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chevy72blu View Post
    I hope you are doing doing better man!
    Thanks!

Working on year 5 cancer free (Anniversary is August 31st). Down to only 1 CT scan and follow up at the clinic annually now

Best advice I can give all the boys out there is to check your stones once a month...it might just save your life!

http://testicularcancercanada.ca/

Napoleon Hill.

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would try to find someone with a background in sports nutrition if at all possible.!
    Strong this. Even for a primary doctor, those specializing in sports nutrition/medicine are the best. If you're hurt, they know better than to just suggest surgery or not take you serious about your sport, whatever it may be. I hurt my foot when I was training for a triathlon last year, and the first doctor I went to said no running for 3 months. I went to a sports medicine doctor and he said "Run when you feel good; roll your feet under golf balls or under a foam roller after every run, and then do the same to your calves. Let me know how it goes in a month." They know you want to get back to your sport, and that any time off is a big deal to you, where normal doctors don't care and they just have their one way of treatment.

chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chevy72blu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks!

Working on year 5 cancer free (Anniversary is August 31st). Down to only 1 CT scan and follow up at the clinic annually now

Best advice I can give all the boys out there is to check your stones once a month...it might just save your life!

http://testicularcancercanada.ca/
    Excellent news! A friend of mine was diagnosed about a year ago and I am happy to say he is now cancer free. Still, he's nervous for each scan. Definitely made me start paying attention... I cracked up at that site. "Your balls are our business!"

laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) laurat10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Amazing advice given on this page!!!

Although @chevy72blu your doctor problems seriously made me giggle!! There's so much info out there I would regard going to the doctors about weight loss a waste of time, unless they was going to give you some tablets to make your um droppings like oil or some such magical weight loss pill, but I do agree with your comments regarding the rocketman766's wife. Seems odd to me shes not more supportive of your efforts.
    November 1st to February 1st Transformation;
    Nov 1 - 169.3lbs...... Dec 6 - 171.0
    Nov 8 - 169.0lbs...... Dec 13 - 161.8
    Nov 15 - 166.6lbs.... Dec 20 -
    Nov 21 - 170.0lbs....
    Nov 29 - 171.5lbs....

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ketogenic diets, specifically, have been shown to result in more fat loss and less muscle loss than a traditional deficit. It was small (a few %) but it does exist. The problem is the ONLY well done studies I have been able to find are on the obese. It would be very interesting to see results from people moderately overweight/in shape. I agree with all of your pros, but the cons were too great for me. Fatigue, brain fog, lack of energy/focus at work and in the gym, expensive shopping bills, and it was hard to stick to long term.
    The fatigue and brain fog do not last. It's a typical reaction to switching from a glycolytic metabolism to a ketogenic one (aka, 'keto flu'). After your body has fully adjusted you have more consistent energy throughout the day. It can be tough with working out, but that is why you are supposed to do CKD (cyclical ketogenic dieting) if you're going to be lifting so you can fuel workouts and refill lost muscle glycogen. Keto does not have to be very expensive at all. I mostly eat chicken with the occasional steak, lots of salad, broccoli, tuna, jello, cheese, almonds and greek yogurt. My regular diet cost more actually...ice cream and pizza rolls add up real fast .

Excellent news! A friend of mine was diagnosed about a year ago and I am happy to say he is now cancer free. Still, he's nervous for each scan. Definitely made me start paying attention... I cracked up at that site. "Your balls are our business!"
    Glad to hear your friend is in the clear. I can totally relate to him being nervous for each follow up scan...I still get butterflies waiting to get my results.

Napoleon Hill.

StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    0.9 of a kilo loss for me about 1 pound something, better than nothing I guess. I am a first class whinger it's part of being fat or formally fat whining about everything and it still hasn't gone yet.
    My goals focus around numbers so when they dont workout like my strength is down or my weight-loss isn't moving I am become angry and upset!

I felt like I was alot tighter this week but oh well, as I move back down to normal territory I just got to not expect so much weightloss, cant lose weight like a morbid obese person anymore. The last two weeks I had a cheat day the day after our Friday weigh in, Im cutting that out this week...and having a rest day instead, bones still hurt, triceps on fire from two days ago I think I must rest my recovery times have blown up...Triceps sore from two days ago I dont even :| wtf

My original aim was to be under 100 kilos by Christmas and with 3.7 to lose it looks like I'll make that. I then change my goal to be under 100 by the end of November with slow weightloss and being 3.7 kilos away this flat out just isn't going to happen, so even though Im on track for my original goal my revised goal wont be met, And it wont be met as the high levels of excercise and strictness that got good results for me in the past didn't quite deliver. I lost 2.5 kilos on the first week on this thing but the last couple of weeks I've only lost one kilo or not at all, needed another 2.5 but oh well, sometimes the scale just stops moving for no reason, a true mystery of life, but within my timeframe you don't factor in 3 weeks of stalled progress while doing everything right. Now I move my goal back to it's original state which is under 100 by Christmas, which is 3.7 kilos about 7 or 8 pounds in about 5-6 weeks.

Alot of my journey has been fueled by exercise as well, more than most. It was the constantly throwing up after hiking that originally got me to think about changing my diet in the first place. It was the long walks while still morbidly obese that gave me the confidence and strength to continue on and the simple. It was the exercising everyday mindset pretty much that helped me change. Alot of my positive results are tied in straight to long workout sessions. Also I am pretty sure I could never lose weight without exercise I dont burn off ****. If I ate a clean diet compared with no exercise I'd simply maintain my overweight state that calories deficit is 100x harder without your workout. The mental feel good of a workout is important too. Tomorrow after I rest today I will feel a million dollars.

ALSO not an expert but I dont think I am going to lose all my shoulder and chest strength because I put my workout off one day...in the big scheme of things
    Last edited by StillFat53; 11-21-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Originally Posted by missladyj View Post
    The fatigue and brain fog do not last. It's a typical reaction to switching from a glycolytic metabolism to a ketogenic one (aka, 'keto flu'). After your body has fully adjusted you have more consistent energy throughout the day. It can be tough with working out, but that is why you are supposed to do CKD (cyclical ketogenic dieting) if you're going to be lifting so you can fuel workouts and refill lost muscle glycogen. Keto does not have to be very expensive at all. I mostly eat chicken with the occasional steak, lots of salad, broccoli, tuna, jello, cheese, almonds and greek yogurt. My regular diet cost more actually...ice cream and pizza rolls add up real fast .
    I stayed in ketosis for a good 10 weeks and the brain fog/fatigue got worse, if anything. I was always waiting for what you are talking about and did not want to go through the worst of it (first few days) again with CKD. The second attempt I tried about 4 weeks in keto, did a refeed, and gave up on day 2 or 3 of trying to get back in. Its just one of those things that isn't for everyone. I encourage people to try it if they are curious, though. If its working, stick with it!!

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Caloric restriction itself tends to put me in brain fog. Cutting sucks

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Everyone, we have a weigh in tomorrow!!

Here are the "top ten" individuals who lost the greatest percentages of their starting weights as of last week:

A reminder for spectators - this thread is for cutters, lean bulkers and recompers, so for some individuals, their weight gain is intentional. You will always find the link for the spreadsheet in the first post of this thread, but here it is again:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

And here's a list of everyone ordered by height and starting weight if you'd like to buddy up with people who shared your starting stats:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...oUGVTeUE#gid=3

Paging everyone in Nitro's spreadsheet, because it's never too late to check in, and it's never to late to begin again!

paidinfull23
    P45ty
    555Dan555
    digital29
    Svenman87
    strongerani
    AJDon78
    maXmood
    StillFat53
    Silvaman61's woman
    Vicque
    rocketman766
    GetItBack
    Inflamess
    ME3030
    EdMclean79
    HandoverFist
    driftingpaul
    coldpunja
    Hannanrkhan
    DamianMK
    tropicalfire
    SilvaMan61
    barbrox
    pradf4i
    scohen158
    DJake
    laurat10
    belly1878
    born2drum
    lucksterx
    tamethismind
    Bluedawgs4
    BeatKonducta
    bally18
    Tailortastic
    biggoron
    Ralph21
    SB1981
    trinben
    Saucen
    Kustomize
    broseph88
    Nottoway
    sharpieblet
    stingray72
    madhessian
    igglesphan
    tommyboy26
    RoWdY_RuFf_BoY
    justynrowe
    IcedTea18
    jshpark
    dpon44
    PeachOcelot
    PowerMove
    zubairs
    chevy72blu
    cnoland
    DarQ2
    Frankie75
    love2av8
    missladyj
    jtvalentine
    Benz1990
    Korry1
    live4gs
    Illuminati666
    Schnitzl
    Durendal
    caprica6
    visualfreak
    BlackCloud762
    cyanotikat
    nethergate
    NitrogenWidget

cbel
    PJ03029174
    superhappy
    Devin459
    5kycrawler
    pea_jay
    Augi247
    outofmyhead
    n4pst3rCOD
    caldave28
    450clown
    Frontman44
    time2fmb
    Abudura0
    Parraman
    biglou64
    bnelly428
    Flexish
    greenLeaves
    noelleha
    sa7soon
    Verbalcody
    vvvaaa
    OriginLMusic
    bama5584
    phoenix84
    slimsta00018

2013challange
    AMFK90
    amitk07
    Bhigs23
    BigBion
    billthekill2012
    bortass
    brianshray
    ccbirtles87
    co2k12
    Dcdc83
    Denaldo
    dvill23
    elterrible987
    Filburt
    FLEXiT91
    Former300lber
    Gilly28
    Hanger
    hell0F1ona
    JamesEH
    JCnCA
    Jeep41
    kaveduck
    kmoff77
    Kriptik
    KrisGuitarNY
    LeafsFan91
    Logos85
    mdittman11
    memcop
    minkus88
    ML94
    MoEcho
    Mr3Glyceride
    myjohnson
    NocturnalEphex
    OKGuy
    OZDarkPassenger
    phoenixr2
    PxGunner
    QuarterTank
    Rameh
    Remus25
    ReptarGSO
    rjw43
    S.Brar
    SaminPA
    sammm94
    SheriffBrah
    TerincoP
    ThcknessEvrdeen
    TwangBarKing
    vic_V8
    WuchiCasey
    Zedbimmer

Alexanabolic
    Badhavoc
    baffledgenius
    Benjamins1993
    BlackSwoldier
    Chefmo84
    GreyFitness
    kassiebby1124
    laurat10
    LibraTheatre37
    NAPONAPO
    NibirusJourney
    OceanOfViolence
    Red677
    Slender111
    Supacat15
    Tekn0Pumpa
    TheNobodyThere
    tomrose9
    Voxmusculus

(Nevermind! I'm swapping out posters until I find one I like. )
    Last edited by caprica6; 11-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    start where you are

DexDexter420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone, i wanted to introduce myself before posting/asking questions--

im a 34yo male,5'11 current weight 274.4lbs. trying to shed some fat during this holiday season, wold be nice to get down to 239lbs by the new year. so i figured what better than to post and read from this thread for support and inspiration. I am currently not on the spreadsheet (due to my jsut joining yesterday) but i look forward to posting my progress, and i hope to just be apart of the community here!

a little background, in july 2012 i weighed 363lbs-- so i have already lost a ton of weight. my lowest was at 249.6lbs in august of this year.....since then lets jsut say i have had a really good time at mcDonalds and popeyes chicken. no excuses, but i leaned on the fact that i jsut purchased a home the needed renovation, juggling that with a fam it was too easy to hit the drive thru thinking "i know how to lose weight so im not worried" bad juju....now i almost gained back 25lbs!!! it is a sllippery slope for sure. and direction, guidance, critiques, etc will be appreciated.

happy holidays!
    Last edited by DexDexter420; 11-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.

2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2013challange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only thing I ever hear at the docs office is "you're pretty thick in the gut...." and so thats why I am here now.

Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in, although I don't feel as good about it like I did last week, but we will just have to see what happens.
    After yet another blow up argument with my wife over my diet and workouts, I sorta half-ass agreed to go see a doctor and dietician. I think its a waste of time and money, but maybe I will learn something that I don't already know.
    Just out of curiosity what is your wife's concern about you diet and work outs. I'm kind of going through the same thing with my wife. she is constantly saying she does not think it is healthy especiall since I started IF. Then she tells me she wants to do some 30 day cleanse of just juice and pre made shakes.

Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nottoway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started with a visit to the Doc...main thing for a base line of my health, BP, heart rate, blood work, etc. Doc may not like what I'm doing, however the number don't lie...dropped 55 lbs., BP down 30 points, cholesterol down 120 points, resting heart rate down 20.... I'm starting to change his thinking....

slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I have given up on weighing every day. I first was liking to see the fluctuations, but now it is seriously getting annoying. I will only weigh every Friday of the week. Hoping to end up at the top of the spread. My water weight has maxed out. I also tried to get a treadmill today and I will find out the outcome in a day or two. It is a very nice treadmill with 10 % incline and up to 10mph motorized.
    ****Misc Cutting Crew****
    ****Former 300lb crew****
    Nitro Cutting Thread member 000------000
    December 1st-February 28th cutting member

Nov 12th-- 255.0 lbs--------- Dec 13th--251.8 lbs
    Nov 15th-- 257.0 lbs--------- Dec 21st--249.6 lbs
    Nov 19th-- 252.0 lbs-----------Dec 28th-245.4 lbs Re-assessing my Tdee at this point
    Nov 23rd-- 252.6 lbs
    Nov 26th-- 251.6 lbs
    Dec 06th-- 255.0 lbs

slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimsta00018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yayyyyy I got me a treadmill..............Time to burn this fat. This thing is sooooooo sweet! God has started answering my prayers. Next will be a home gym and I can forget about gym membership fees altogether. Plus I got another great job interview for a second job on Monday. Also I am meeting all my calorie restrictions so I am very happy right now!
    ****Misc Cutting Crew****
    ****Former 300lb crew****
    Nitro Cutting Thread member 000------000
    December 1st-February 28th cutting member

Nov 12th-- 255.0 lbs--------- Dec 13th--251.8 lbs
    Nov 15th-- 257.0 lbs--------- Dec 21st--249.6 lbs
    Nov 19th-- 252.0 lbs-----------Dec 28th-245.4 lbs Re-assessing my Tdee at this point
    Nov 23rd-- 252.6 lbs
    Nov 26th-- 251.6 lbs
    Dec 06th-- 255.0 lbs

lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucksterx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I gotta reschedule my refeeds from Thursday to after Friday... lol

Rebuilding and Re-losing. rocketman766's Avatar
    rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000)

Good stuff here. After reading the responses, especially this one, I guess it really would not hurt to go. I think I know how it will go, but I might just learn something! I really don't want to "prove her wrong", I just want her support.

I've been following your situation with your old lady for quite some time. Honestly, I think this is starting to have more to do with her insecurities than anything else. Its hard to watch other people change and improve when you do not... All of her arguments and panicking about you getting "too big" is starting to sound like smoke and mirrors.

I have not had success talking to my GP about diet/exercise. She recommends against weight lifting except for very low weight. She said that whey/creatine were very bad for me. Counting calories is unhealthy and leads to an eating disorder and instead, I should eat small "fist size" portions. Your body cant absord more than 30g of protein at a time. It was a rehash of every bit of broscience I have ever heard.

I once had bloodwork done while on keto (not controlling for sodium or "bad" fats, either) and when it was flawless she commented that "[I] must have cut out a lot of red meat and eaten more whole grains". I lol'd and tried to explain keto... the expression on her face was hilarious.

She is in her 60's and a very "old school" doc which I like when it comes to most things, but fitness is not one of them. Many family doctors are this way - I would try to find someone with a background in sports nutrition if at all possible.
    So far every time I have a checkup, my blood pressure and blood tests are all well within the good levels. I think finding a person with this background is ideal.... I would not have thought about that since I had originally pictured myself going to the doc with blinders on... ( just going to shut my wife up ) but now I am thinking I can really benefit from this if I plan it out right.

Originally Posted by 2013challange View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is your wife's concern about you diet and work outs. I'm kind of going through the same thing with my wife. she is constantly saying she does not think it is healthy especiall since I started IF. Then she tells me she wants to do some 30 day cleanse of just juice and pre made shakes.
    She thinks I am doing everything wrong. She thinks I should drop as much weight, as fast as possible and just get skinny. She thinks I shouldn't be concerned with losing lean muscle. She thinks I only want to bulk up, be a huge body builder and pound down mass gainer shakes ( she thinks every shake I drink is 300-400 calories! Her biggest thing is that she gets mad because I won't do this "her way". Honestly, I think no matter what I do will not be right. It goes alot deeper than just my workouts... but I have Dr. Phil working on that one for me... lol. She thinks because I have been obese most of my life, I can't possibly be right about any of this. I have probably not actually answered your question, but feel free to PM me for more info... I never meant to hijack a thread with personal problems, but this thread is one of my only ways to get support.

Originally Posted by Nottoway View Post
    I started with a visit to the Doc...main thing for a base line of my health, BP, heart rate, blood work, etc. Doc may not like what I'm doing, however the number don't lie...dropped 55 lbs., BP down 30 points, cholesterol down 120 points, resting heart rate down 20.... I'm starting to change his thinking....
    I'm hoping I can do the same thing, just have to get a good base line. These are awesome drops!

Originally Posted by slimsta00018 View Post
    I have given up on weighing every day. I first was liking to see the fluctuations, but now it is seriously getting annoying. I will only weigh every Friday of the week. Hoping to end up at the top of the spread. My water weight has maxed out. I also tried to get a treadmill today and I will find out the outcome in a day or two. It is a very nice treadmill with 10 % incline and up to 10mph motorized.
    If I wasn't in this, I wouldn't even do weekly weigh ins, I might do every two weeks, but more likely to do monthly. Good luck with the treadmill, I mentioned to my boss that he should put one in our control room at work.... he just laughed, but I know the wheels are turning in his head. He is into health and runs 5 & 10 Ks now, so I am still going to work on him to get something up there.
    OBF 2014 Winter Transformation Challenge 4th Place finish...

Can't think of a good quote to put here.....

Rebuilding and Re-losing. rocketman766's Avatar
    rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000) rocketman766 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by slimsta00018 View Post
    Yayyyyy I got me a treadmill..............Time to burn this fat. This thing is sooooooo sweet! God has started answering my prayers. Next will be a home gym and I can forget about gym membership fees altogether. Plus I got another great job interview for a second job on Monday. Also I am meeting all my calorie restrictions so I am very happy right now!
    Congrats! Things are heading in the right direction it seems.
    OBF 2014 Winter Transformation Challenge 4th Place finish...

Can't think of a good quote to put here.....

GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000) GetItBack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mornin' everbody! Weighed in at 197 today.

missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) missladyj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I stayed in ketosis for a good 10 weeks and the brain fog/fatigue got worse, if anything. I was always waiting for what you are talking about and did not want to go through the worst of it (first few days) again with CKD. The second attempt I tried about 4 weeks in keto, did a refeed, and gave up on day 2 or 3 of trying to get back in. Its just one of those things that isn't for everyone. I encourage people to try it if they are curious, though. If its working, stick with it!!
    Yea, that is very true!

MrAirport has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello all,

noticed that I have a beer gut from a result of a crappy diet and poor nutrition choices in the past 4-5 years. Now I want to slim down by at least 3 inches on the stomachline (or waistline...not sure of the exact term), and develop a six pack. After that, I want to continue the healthy lifestyle.

Currently I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and exercise 2-3 hours each day. Its a mix of cardio (eliptical) and weights (biceps, lat pulldowns, and incline presses).

Attached is a photo of where I currently am.....any tips on how to rid that crap would be greatly appreciated. Sorry the face isnt in the frame, horrible with selfies I guess
    Attached Images

maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    down to 205.7lbs
    Knowledge is Power
    Target weight = 75kg
    Target BF = 15%

PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000) PeachOcelot is just really nice. (+1000)
    Down 2 more to 318.6. Whee.
    330.6 lbs - May 1st
    316.6 lbs - May 11th
    315.2 lbs - May 15th
    315.5 lbs - May 23rd
    305.6 lbs - May 30th
    296.6 lbs - June 6th - first time under 300 since '06
    297.2 lbs - June 13th
    292.8 lbs - June 20th
    295.4 lbs - June 27th
    291.8 lbs - July 4th
    287.4 lbs - July 11th
    286.8 lbs - July 18th
    282.8 lbs - July 25th

Lurker mode: Engaged

hmm. we had a top eleven last week.

there's a lot going on in here...

i'm glad things are moving in the right direction for several of you!
    start where you are

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's a drop.
    Diet was solid.
    workouts could of been longer but I was time constrained so only one exercise per body part and just 2 days of cardio.