Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xMetalocalypse is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jujukonchalski View Post
    Damn sad to see so many fellow uk brahs in here, fs2 what you graduate in and where from?
    Why don't you guys get that queen of yours to fix your chit hole country?
    ***MISC CIGAR CREW***

Awkward ab genetics crew

Too many crews to include in signature crew

Poverty Lifts:
    B - 200 (5X5)
    S - 265 (5X5)
    OHP - 125 (5X5)

brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xMetalocalypse View Post
    Why don't you guys get that queen of yours to fix your chit hole country?
    The royals would probably sort **** out in no time, but they have next to no power. The ones in charge are the ***gy politicians who want to import billions of immigrants and make homosexuality legal.
    Could have been a slayer.

brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brbacquiring is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some of you guys might want to read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159265731

I've almost finished it now and it's only told me what I already know, but I could have done with hearing it when I was 19-21 or so.

brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000) brenden87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    almost all my jobs were through connections (aside from my grad job and the job after that which was through an online application)

so for those of you still looking, instead of looking on the internet, get in touch with everyone and ask if they know of any openings. majority of job vacancies are not actually advertised. also with the hospitality industry (cafes/bars/restaurants), it's best to just walk in and hand your resume directly to the manager

also my friend got a full time job in the field he studied after volunteering in it
    1/2 Spanish
    1/2 Korean

1/1 Eurasian.

Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

No job since February 2013
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    Arsenal fan Crew
    London Crew

Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teddy1219 View Post

No job since February 2013
    Damn...what have you been doing this whole time?

Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Teddy1219 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a student so that helps kill time.
    ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰
    Arsenal fan Crew
    London Crew

Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eezo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teddy1219 View Post
    I'm a student so that helps kill time.
    Well at least you are actually doing something with yourself

Damn bros - I've had a job offer for some part time (still more hours than I want) minimum-wage stuff. Factory/warehouse, basically.

What a massive chore, I don't even want to do it. But I suppose I will, for the money. I don't believe in what they do there, though, so I'm selling my soul but then that's the only thing I have to offer.

Originally Posted by brbacquiring View Post
    Damn bros - I've had a job offer for some part time (still more hours than I want) minimum-wage stuff. Factory/warehouse, basically.

What a massive chore, I don't even want to do it. But I suppose I will, for the money. I don't believe in what they do there, though, so I'm selling my soul but then that's the only thing I have to offer.

^ had an interview, didn't hear back.

How's it going for you brahs? I just applied for another job today, and started asking around loose-link friends, y'know. People who know me well enough to do me a favour but not so well that we live in the same world and can't offer each other anything new.

^ had an interview, didn't hear back.

How's it going for you brahs? I just applied for another job today, and started asking around loose-link friends, y'know. People who know me well enough to do me a favour but not so well that we live in the same world and can't offer each other anything new.
    Have you ever considered relocating, changing industries, or even launching your own business

Originally Posted by Eezo View Post
    Have you ever considered relocating,
    I live in a small city but I don't think bigger cities have more opportunities per person, y'know? This is a decent enough area, really. It could be described as "thriving". I do, however, sometimes apply for jobs around the country and I would certainly consider moving for the right opportunity, but it would have to be pretty good as I don't actually want to move for its own sake.

changing industries
    I'm not in any particular industry, I'm a 27yo blank slate with nothing to offer.

or even launching your own business
    Tried it - I haven't got a ****ing clue. I think I had a decent idea as well but I just can't "sell" anything, even if it's really good and I believe in it. I was raised to be very submissive and quiet and to stay out of people's way, nomsayin?

anonymous
    If any of you UK brahs are in Cheshire I've got a job going, and can get you in if you'd be willing to work here / commute (manufacturing)

theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    was offered a FT job in what I wanted to do... decided to move out of college town and travel.

blew all of my money on a 2 month trip to Europe.

back living at home, been 4-5 months since the trip and can't land anything now! FML

BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    EDIT: Long

Graduated from UCLA in June 2013. B.A. in Poli Sci (in b4 laughing gifs and general mockery). I had a part-time job for 3 years in college, so I have some experience to put on my resume at least. Haven't been able to find a job. I have lowered my standards lately though. The worst part for me isn't not having a job, not knowing what I want to do, or not having money, it's living with my parents, who treat me like a child. I don't want to elaborate, because it'll just make me even more depressed.

I've probably applied to 200+ jobs, mostly Receptionist/Office jobs, jobs at start-ups, customer service, some business and sales jobs pretty much anything that's somewhat interesting that I qualify for. Had an interview a month ago that I thought I nailed (he even said "this has been a productive interview") but didn't get the job. I even called to follow-up to be sure, but I didn't even get a courtesy "No Thanks Jeff" e-mail. I've had a handful of other interviews and phone interviews but no job. I haven't tried to get a part-time job as much as I should have because I've been focused on getting a full-time job and moving out. When in reality, I should have gotten a part-time job immediately and kept looking for a full-time one.

I have a friend who'll let me crash at his place for like a month if I get a job in the LA area, so I can GTFO my parents' house immediately. I recently tried changing my address to his so employers aren't deterred by me being 75 miles away. Hasn't paid off yet (if it will at all.) I should have figured this out sooner because I missed out on a couple of possible interviews in Santa Monica as a result of the distance. For one they wanted me to already be out there (should have said I would be and figured it out after) and the other one only paid $14 an hour (but with benefits) while being 2 hours away. I couldn't justify that second one because it would be hard to move out on that amount, but if I got those opportunities now I would definitely make the most of them. Both seemed like pretty good jobs too.

I have an interview for Hertz Car Rental on Monday. Apparently they just hire college grads and work them like slaves, similar to Enterprise's program, if you're familar with it. Not excited about this job, but excited about the chance of getting A job, finally being employed and escaping. I went from wanting a $40k job to just wanting a $30k job to just wanting a job that pays $10-$12 goddamn dollars an hour. Had to defer my loans and am now having to do the ill-advised minimum balance thing with my credit card.

What stings even more is that apparently the longer you are unemployed, the harder it is to find a job eventually. My stomach pretty much just drops into my ass hole when I think about that, because I just wasted the last 8+ months.
    Last edited by BrawnySwoleman; 03-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.

clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clammastak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    career brah here for support. timeline of my life:

whilst studying at university, work part-time at boba store: $9.00/hr
    graduate college, get hooked up with entry-level accounting job: $30,000/yr or $14.4/hr (junior position)
    after a year, be ambitious and move into finance department: $36,000/yr or $17.3/hr (junior position)
    6 months, prove my worth, this whole time realizing that i am underpaid: $50,000/yr or $24.0/hr (regular position)
    6 months later, get upset about something: $60,000/yr or $28.8/hr (regular position)

not sure how to move up from here...

brb have never felt any true pangs of unemployment
    brb aware me how to break six figs

all my friends eventually found jobs. some better than others, but they were career-type jobs (not some minimum wage chit)...hang in there brahs
    tfw your resume is your body
    tfw work,lift,misc,repeat
    tfw soon we will make it

beef tendon, beef tripe, intestines, pork blood, pig stomache, pig ear cholesterol is too damn high lol crew
    peanut butter banana preworkout crew
    ppl crew

Originally Posted by BrawnySwoleman View Post
    What stings even more is that apparently the longer you are unemployed, the harder it is to find a job eventually. My stomach pretty much just drops into my ass hole when I think about that, because I just wasted the last 8+ months.
    Can you lie about it? I know a guy who employed me for a little while, like a few days, back in 2011. He owes me money that I know I won't ever see but he'll give me semi-legit references if I ask. So even though I haven't done a single day of paid work in almost a year I can just pretend I was with him.

I bet you can think of something. When I ran a small business I covered for a friend like that, too.

Or, just think of something productive that you were or could have been doing.

ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In on this thread. I know these feels.

Finance degree owner since December 2012 but I've yet to find a job.

SOON.jpg

erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erryboy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Das it mane

theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) theprodigyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dem feels. i need a job bros!

schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schlitta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm unemployed because I'm studying full time for the MCAT. I've been applying for research positions in the meantime though
    Microbiologist/Chemist crew

52 books in 52 weeks crew (5/52)
    Currently reading: "The Emperor of All Maladies" by Siddhartha Mukherjee

Misc Firearms Crew
    Only remember a girl's name if they're hot crew

Blazers/Beavers/Titans/Portland Timbers/FC Barca

Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Condyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why don't you currently have a job?

Full-time study, and no jobs for my previous industry (publishing) in current city. Too old for usual part-time student jobs, overqualified for the rest or they're fulltime and I can't take them.

Do you want one?

Sure. But my current degree is a study-beast degree (dat anatomy and physiology fuark) so anything >10hrs p/w I'd rather be poor and maximise my grades. But read above for why no job atm...

Are there particular limits on your time that make 9-5's impractical or undesirable?

See above.

Do you seem to have no qualifications or experience?

Overqualified - see above.

Would you suck cawk for loose change?

I'd do it for the cardio.

BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrawnySwoleman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you lie about it? I know a guy who employed me for a little while, like a few days, back in 2011. He owes me money that I know I won't ever see but he'll give me semi-legit references if I ask. So even though I haven't done a single day of paid work in almost a year I can just pretend I was with him.

I bet you can think of something. When I ran a small business I covered for a friend like that, too.

Or, just think of something productive that you were or could have been doing.
    I have a friend that I could work with to make up a lie, but I don't want to do that. All I can say when asked is that I've spent this time looking for a job. I can also say that the search wasn't going well at first, so I've been changing up my methods along the way, then decided to move to LA. I've also spent this time exploring possible career options.

How's it going, men? Still no luck here for me. Savings will last about one more year, maybe 1.5-2 if I sell more of my stuff, then I'm fooked.

jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jazi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for cliffs on what a resume is/how to make one if u never had a job

any job seeking tips for an ultra noob?

hhhehehe srs
    ***No Breathe Crew (test levels through the roof)***

***No Eat Crew***

***0 test crew (up from negative)***

TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500) TysonNessman is not very helpful. (-500)
    Some of you guys might want to read this:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=159265731

I've almost finished it now and it's only told me what I already know, but I could have done with hearing it when I was 19-21 or so.
    Link in that thread no longer works? What was it?

Originally Posted by TysonNessman View Post
    Link in that thread no longer works? What was it?
    A book, "The Defining Decade - Why Your Twenties Matter"

Might be somewhere else online, not sure.

How's it going, guise?

I just got a bit of cash-in-hand work, a guy I know who tbh owes me ****loads from other work, asked me to come and do a bit of labouring for him. We went out to look at the job today, just half an hour or so for him to give me instructions. I asked for £100 up front because he's **** at paying, so I came home with five nice 20's for doing phuck all yet. I'll go and earn them tomorrow.

Got a job. **** pay and only part-time for now, but it should be good experience/something to add to my resume. The biggest downside is that I still have to live at home since it's close by. To give you an example of what that's like, my dad freaked out when I went to the gym this morning before work. I got back at 8 and work at 10. :/

Hopefully I can get a better job that lets me move now that I broke that long stretch of unemployment.

Bump, how's everyone doing?

I've been doing part-time bar work, as in ~5 hrs every two weeks (lamo) which isn't bad. Also, just been selling as much of my crap as I can - got about £2500 from that so far, u mad?