tophilis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing weight in the Legs

Hi

I have started cardio and workouts very recently to lose fat. I have been doing it for a month now. I have lost some considerable weight but almost all in the legs esp. my thighs. I already have very thin legs. I have stopped cycling due to this. I need to lose weight only in my upper body(belly). How do i get that done?

the only cardio stuff i do are treadmill and rowing machine.

thanks
    arun

baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry but none of us can choose where we lose the weight, it just comes off everywhere and eventually it will come off the spot you want it to, in this case your stomach. y best suggestion is just to start incorporating some weight training into your routine that focuses on building up your leg muscles. Squats, leg press, calf raises..
    The nation-state and society seek to control the body in a myriad of subtle ways, so if you are going to fight for the right to do with your body what you please, why not make it a battleground worth fighting for? ;)

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    listen to baffledgenius, she nailed it. You just have to lose weight everywhere, maybe you will strike gold and start getting slimmer thighs in the first 10-20 pounds you lose, maybe it will be the absolute last and most stubborn place to lose, cant control it.

Cutting cardio down and starting to lift is by far the best option.

Nocro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    listen to baffledgenius, she nailed it. You just have to lose weight everywhere, maybe you will strike gold and start getting slimmer thighs in the first 10-20 pounds you lose, maybe it will be the absolute last and most stubborn place to lose, cant control it.

Cutting cardio down and starting to lift is by far the best option.
    Belly fat is the hardest fat to loose, i'm there. I would cut down cardio and start to lift only depending on your bodyfat %.
    If you cut down cardio and start to lift with a high percentage of body fat, like mine, you would not see fast results in the belly area.

I'd say increase the intensity of your workout, try HIIT and as said here above try to incorporate squats and lunges.
    Good luck.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Nocro View Post
    Belly fat is the hardest fat to loose, i'm there. I would cut down cardio and start to lift only depending on your bodyfat %.
    If you cut down cardio and start to lift with a high percentage of body fat, like mine, you would not see fast results in the belly area.

I'd say increase the intensity of your workout, try HIIT and as said here above try to incorporate squats and lunges.
    Good luck.
    this is utter rubbish... "if you stop cardio you would not see fast results in the belly area" are you purposely trolling or just being ignorant? either way dont spread such nonsense to others. I dont mind you believing and convincing yourself of such dumb ideas but preaching them as the truth to others is terrible.

Weight loss has NOTHING to do with cardio- only calories
    Losing belly fat has NOTHING to do with carido- only calories

in fact you dont even need to do cardio for CV health, since doing full body my CV fitness has increased dramatically.. I am able to sprint almost twice the speed for twice the distance that I could before even after months of doing no cardio AT ALL.

LJ9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baffledgenius View Post
    Sorry but none of us can choose where we lose the weight, it just comes off everywhere and eventually it will come off the spot you want it to, in this case your stomach. y best suggestion is just to start incorporating some weight training into your routine that focuses on building up your leg muscles. Squats, leg press, calf raises..
    Yep impossible to spot reduce fat