Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Registered User betterthangoode's Avatar
    betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Elevorett View Post
    Hypothetical question: If I were to own a baby tiger from the moment it's born, and I socialize it and train it the exact same way I would a dog, will it forever act like the way I train it?

I'm not comparing to pitbulls at this point, it's just a question.
    Tigers haven't been domesticated for hundreds of years like dogs have so i think it would be a lot risker.
    I know mike tyson owned one and a while back on the misc someone posted a bunch of videos of that guy with a tiger in his bed.
    wouldnnottrust/10
    "There are no limits. There are only plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."

***WetBreasts is gonna make it crew***
    ***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000) Angelus6 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's why I don't own pitbulls. SRS.

sure not all of them are like that and some can be friendly and nice but in those rare occasions they can go crazy and attack you. I've read far too many stories on pitbulls randomly attacking their owners or someone. No thanks jeff. Rather have another dog if I have to.

inb4 negs. Just my opinion.
    I always tell the truth...even when I lie.

Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Team Punishment View Post
    Who do you expect to answer they question? The myriad of tiger owners on bb.com?
    Obvious there aren't a plethora of miscers who own tigers. I'm looking for an opinion. In your opinion, will a trained tiger (since birth) act according to your training; and could you honestly say that you trust it whole-heartily?

Again, not making a comparison, i'm simply curious about your standpoint.

Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by betterthangoode View Post
    Tigers haven't been domesticated for hundreds of years like dogs have so i think it would be a lot risker.
    I know mike tyson owned one and a while back on the misc someone posted a bunch of videos of that guy with a tiger in his bed.
    wouldnnottrust/10
    You are absolutely correct. Dogs have been on the end of selective breeding for a very long time.

Do you believe that instincts can be bred out?

TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeddySchorr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    and btw, I've worked around dogs, been around dog breeders, I still walk my old neighbours' dogs everyday, volunteered in shelters etc.

Dogs no matter what breed will STILL have the potential to just "lose it" one day and bite you
    some go through hormonal changes, some just go through ageing and just change their behavior

otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otakutrevan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "lets just stand around and film it" I swear to god I hate people.
    ★cVc★ OEFx2
    *Circumcised but Anti-Circumcision Crew*
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ (2006 WRX, Stage 2, CAI)
    "Started from Wall Rose now the whole Recon Corp's fuarkin here"

zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Obvious there aren't a plethora of miscers who own tigers. I'm looking for an opinion. In your opinion, will a trained tiger (since birth) act according to your training; and could you honestly say that you trust it whole-heartily?

Again, not making a comparison, i'm simply curious about your standpoint.
    The main reason you don't see tiger pets rolling around is
    -I don't think you are legally able to lol
    -Dogs have been bred specifically for generations upon generations
    -PETA would flip ****
    -In the case a tiger goes crazy or goes with its instinct...you are pretty much screwed

Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Team Punishment has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Angelus6 View Post
    That's why I don't own pitbulls. SRS.

sure not all of them are like that and some can be friendly and nice but in those rare occasions they can go crazy and attack you. I've read far too many stories on pitbulls randomly attacking their owners or someone. No thanks jeff. Rather have another dog if I have to.

inb4 negs. Just my opinion.

Fair assessment. I had the exact train of thought. I took one in and my opinion has changed.
    #Penis

arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10) arem20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    But pitbulls are a peaceful breed, lol.
    *True Detective Crew*
    *JUICY J Twerk Scholarship Troll Crew*

"The accumulation and the repayment of debt basically drives every economic cycle that there is."
    -PTJ

zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000) zSHARPz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by otakutrevan View Post
    "lets just stand around and film it" I swear to god I hate people.
    I'm not condoning their behavior, but they were probably scared out their minds, seeing a big ass dog mauling the crap out of someone.

TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000) TotalGymFreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    For some reason I always expect the person to die, and kinda hope it happens (bad)
    Maybe these dogs aren't as deadly as people make them out to be

Originally Posted by zSHARPz View Post
    The main reason you don't see tiger pets rolling around is
    -I don't think you are legally able to lol
    -Dogs have been bred specifically for generations upon generations
    -PETA would flip ****
    -In the case a tiger goes crazy or goes with its instinct...you are pretty much screwed
    The points you make that interest me the most is your point about instinct, and your post about centuries of breeding.

I've got another post going about the breeding point.

The points you make that interest me the most is your point about instinct, and your post about centuries of breeding.

I've got another post going about the breeding point.
    I'm a believer in that instinct can never be completely bred out.
    As I mentioned, even dogs can act upon their OWN will, but, different from tigers, are easier to control than a big ass tiger going berserk.

betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000) betterthangoode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are absolutely correct. Dogs have been on the end of selective breeding for a very long time.

Do you believe that instincts can be bred out?
    Never researched it or thought about it enough.
    Can it be bred completely out no that wouldnt be beneficial in the case of dogs. You can domesticate and train favorable instincts to your advantage.
    "There are no limits. There are only plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

"Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength."

***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrDeafMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BrocepCurls View Post
    so tldr at the end of the day it is still a potentially violent animal who, no matter how well trained or anything, could attack a human
    It's called responsibility.....

There are stupid and smart owners.

As for you......why would you even leave a 6 month old alone in the first place???

He could choke on his own tongue or drool....such is life.

TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000) TreFo is just really nice. (+1000)
    thats why I don't own pets right there

subduing an animal to live in limited freedom=prison chit
    owning a pet but letting it run wild outside=much better only if u have tons of land

So what i'm getting from those that have responded:

- Tigers are (obviously) more dangerous than dogs and for that reason (and many other) we should not own them as pets

- instinct cannot completely be removed from animals even through generations of selective breeding (look at humans, our instinct has survived since our inception)

My questions:

Is it possible that pitbulls may be a naturally more aggressive breed than other dogs?

Is it a fair request to ask that pitbulls not be allowed at pets, as they can be potentially more dangerous than other breeds of dogs? (The same reason as why tigers shouldn't be owned?) (I am not comparing tigers to pitbulls)

These questions are taking into consideration ALL personal experiences with pitbulls, and I am exclusively speaking in a "community-oriented" manner.

- Tigers are (obviously) more dangerous than dogs and for that reason (and many other) we should not own them as pets

- instinct cannot completely be removed from animals even through generations of selective breeding (look at humans, our instinct has survived since our inception)

My questions:

Is it possible that pitbulls may be a naturally more aggressive breed than other dogs?

Is it a fair request to ask that pitbulls not be allowed at pets, as they can be potentially more dangerous than other breeds of dogs? (The same reason as why tigers shouldn't be owned?)

These questions are taking into consideration ALL personal experiences with pitbulls, and I am exclusively speaking in a "community-oriented" manner.
    These are good questions. I wouldn't mind seeing a research experiment over them.

In terms of anecdotal evidence, a friend of mine has two pits and they are very very sweet dogs.

Yet, I am still very cautious in how I act towards them and would never leave them alone with a child (then again, there are very very few dog breeds I would allow that anyways).

I just think everything can succumb to its own instinct, the difference from then on is how efficient certain breeds may be to act upon that same instinct.

whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000) whysodirty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lock

jaw
    ** Disclaimer: All posts, statements, remarks and threads made by this user are not to be taken seriously and are not an accurate representation of this user's personality or beliefs Crew **

Originally Posted by zSHARPz View Post
    These are good questions. I wouldn't mind seeing a research experiment over them.

In terms of anecdotal evidence, a friend of mine has two pits and they are very very sweet dogs.

Yet, I am still very cautious in how I act towards them and would never leave them alone with a child (then again, there are very very few dog breeds I would allow that anyways).

I just think everything can succumb to its own instinct, the difference from then on is how efficient certain breeds may be to act upon that same instinct.
    I agree with your post, specifically the last part. Research would obviously be essential before making any claims such as "Pitbulls are more aggressive", and "Pitbulls are more likely to become aggressive".

I would be curious to know if there's any research suggesting that Pitbulls tap into instinct more easily than other breeds, potentially leading to increased aggression.

I also want to point out that there's a lot of defense against pitbulls with statements such as "yes but mine ______" and "My dog _____"

I am well aware that primary socialization is the greatest factor as far as aggression and temperament go, and I hope that most of society would agree with that point as well.

BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50) BornToDominate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have 2 pitbulls. They seem pretty docile
    -UMF-

Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My questions:

Is it a fair request to ask that pitbulls not be allowed at pets, as they can be potentially more dangerous than other breeds of dogs? (The same reason as why tigers shouldn't be owned?) (I am not comparing tigers to pitbulls)

So, in conclusion, you are making an analogous comparison between pit bulls and tigers.

For your next research question, perhaps ask whether or not a tiger can be trained to ride a giraffe's back. It has as much to do with the subject of pit bull rearing as your comparison of a pit bull to a tiger.

Originally Posted by Dodheimsgard View Post
    So, in conclusion, you are making an analogous comparison between pit bulls and tigers.
    I could only be making a comparison if I were making a statement, not asking a series of questions.

I made two general points, then I asked two specific questions.

And in addition, I said specifically "I'm not comparing pitbulls to tigers".

Originally Posted by Dodheimsgard View Post

For your next research question, perhaps ask whether or not a tiger can be trained to ride a giraffe's back. It has as much to do with the subject of pit bull rearing as your comparison of a pit bull to a tiger.
    Let's drop the nonsense. A tiger riding a giraffe has nothing to do with this thread. The aggression levels of trained animals has everything to do with this thread.

My questions:

tigers and pitbulls are completely different and although you say your not comparing them it is somewhat implied by using them as a reference point.

Pit bulls have been breed to fight thats a fact. This makes them more prone to dog aggressive behavior, prone being the keyword. what people dont recognize is that this trait is also what makes them so friendly towards people. Pits that bite or attacked owners/trainers were killed because it wasnt a good trait for the sport (if you want to call it a sport). When you ref a pit bull fight your face is right next to the dogs any human aggression in a pit with two dogs would be extremely dangerous.
    So are they naturally more aggressive? Maybe so towards dogs if not socialized properly and in some cases even if they are. Certainly there bred traits would suggest they would be less human aggressive then say a Shepard or doberman breed to guard.

No its not a fair request. There dogs just like an akita, huskey, or doberman they can and have all killed. a pit bull kills the same way they do. Why should one dog be bastardized because some people cant control their animal. Should guns be outlawed because people kill, what about knives or bats.
    The real problem is over breeding and poor ownership not the breed itself. Millions more pit bulls are living in the world and not attacking then the few that are plastered on the news.

In the 50's the bloodhound was the hated breed 60's german shepard, 70's dobermans, 80's rottys, and now its the pit bull.

***Yellow FevA crew***
    MFC

Originally Posted by betterthangoode View Post
    tigers and pitbulls are completely different and although you say your not comparing them it is somewhat implied by using them as a reference point.

Pit bulls have been breed to fight thats a fact. This makes them more prone to dog aggressive behavior, prone being the keyword. what people dont recognize is that this trait is also what makes them so friendly towards people. Pits that bite or attacked owners/trainers were killed because it wasnt a good trait for the sport (if you want to call it a sport). When you ref a pit bull fight your face is right next to the dogs any human aggression in a pit with two dogs would be extremely dangerous.
    So are they naturally more aggressive? Maybe so towards dogs if not socialized properly and in some cases even if they are. Certainly there bred traits would suggest they would be less human aggressive then say a Shepard or doberman breed to guard.

No its not a fair request. There dogs just like an akita, huskey, or doberman they can and have all killed. a pit bull kills the same way they do. Why should one dog be bastardized because some people cant control their animal. Should guns be outlawed because people kill, what about knives or bats.
    The real problem is over breeding and poor ownership not the breed itself. Millions more pit bulls are living in the world and not attacking then the few that are plastered on the news.

In the 50's the bloodhound was the hated breed 60's german shepard, 70's dobermans, 80's rottys, and now its the pit bull.
    I haven't really had the chance to consider those points prior to your post.

Thanks for that.

Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jagd24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got attacked by a pug once. wish I would have recorded it. All pugs should be put down

Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dodheimsgard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I could only be making a comparison if I were making a statement, not asking a series of questions.

I made two general points, then I asked two specific questions.

And in addition, I said specifically "I'm not comparing pitbulls to tigers".

Faulty logic will fault. perhaps you do not realize what you are doing/saying despite your intentions to state the contrary.

Allow me:

- instinct cannot completely be removed from animals even through generations of selective breeding

Is it a fair request to ask that pitbulls not be allowed at pets, as they can be potentially more dangerous than other breeds of dogs? (The same reason as why tigers shouldn't be owned?) .
    You've set up the definition of aggression in one species and extirpated that definition onto another species, thus indirectly attributing one aggression as the other. In other words, yes, you have compared the two.

Let's drop the nonsense. A tiger riding a giraffe has nothing to do with this thread. The aggression levels of trained animals has everything to do with this thread.

I can keep going if you can. There are also lions, tigers, and oh my bears we can throw into this too.

edit - probably should have chosen the word 'extrapolated' rather than extirpated...
    Last edited by Dodheimsgard; 10-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kreuzritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    they don't lock their jaws. that's a myth.
    Indeed it is a myth. these are the people that have never had a dog that perpetuate this weird myth.
    You grab that dog by the back of his neck skin and TWIST that **** and he will come off whatever hes on.

Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Braveheart91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    they don't lock their jaws. that's a myth.
    Yes they do. They go for the neck, lock on and shake.

Easily taken off though, just grab their neck or squeeze their nose

I'll stick to my Collies and Huskies though not a fan of pits/staffies even though I grew up around Soft as fuq Staffies that looked like they'd been fed roids.