DanPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on PT rent

HI all

Just after a little advice on personal trainer rent. I'm opening a studio soon in Nottingham and I'm in a bit of limbo at how much to charge personal trainers to rent my premises. I'm paying £1000 pcm for the property and is on the high street so a pretty good location. It's 2700 sqft and I'm planning on spending £10,000 on equipment, mirrors, matting etc and then a further £10,000 on w store and retail area the building.

The going rent for personal trainer rent in Nottingham at commercial gyms is £500pcm. A studio is obliviously seen as a step above a gym. I was thinking about Charging £600 pcm flat fee or £10 per session with a minimum of £300 per month. I was going to take the fee s from the client take my cut then pay the personal t trainer the rest. Do all his session bookings etc too. A bit like an employee.
    Does this sound about right and fair to the PT? I'm going to have incentives to lower rent ie a commission on equipment and supplement sales etc.

Advice would be much appreciated thanks

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You will attract more trainers if you keep it simple - this is your rent, you charge whatever you want. Why give yourself the extra work? Do it on a flat fee basis as well. Incentives are great but I would never join a studio where the other guy controlled my money.

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm based just outside of London and pay £400 pcm for unlimited sessions.

Trainers who do not do a hell of a lot of hours pay £10 per session.

I think that keeps it simple.

Do you see the trainers rent as being a substantial part of your monthly income, or do you want it just to cover your rates?
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

DanPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RevolutionFF View Post
    I'm based just outside of London and pay £400 pcm for unlimited sessions.

Trainers who do not do a hell of a lot of hours pay £10 per session.

I think that keeps it simple.

Do you see the trainers rent as being a substantial part of your monthly income, or do you want it just to cover your rates?
    Thanks guys that makes good sense. Having other personal trainers there is mainly to cover the rent and costs, so that I can have a large studio in a good location.

As a personal opinion for other personal trainers-would you prefer to be gym based or studio if the rates are similar?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DanPT View Post
    Thanks guys that makes good sense. Having other personal trainers there is mainly to cover the rent and costs, so that I can have a large studio in a good location.

As a personal opinion for other personal trainers-would you prefer to be gym based or studio if the rates are similar?
    It's a bit of a toss up. Studio means more room and feels more private and high end for clients, but you have to go outside of it to find new ones. A gym has constant new people walking in the door so it is easier to find new people if you need to. Usually more equipment as well, but you have to share it.

Right now I share space in a 2500 sq foot private studio with 4 other trainers, but only myself and one girl are busy (the others are there maybe 10-15 hours a week) so it is pretty great.

Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Itsalovelyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best person that I can think of to ask would be Paul Bartlett from the southampton running school. runningschool.co.uk
    Personal trainer and weight loss coach.

http://www.salisburypersonaltraining.com

http://www.********.com/SalisburyPersonalTraining