Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok, this has to be one of the most impressive lifts I've seen in quite sometime. You can watch the whole video or you can just go to about the 3:40 mark.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've followed that guy on a couple of his threads in the PL/SM section. He's a bench monster!
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by THErunCMD View Post
    He's a bench monster!
    Most definitely!!

186lbs in Avatar

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No particularly heavy work but I did start transitioning to hook grip! It feels really good on my York Olympic Bar:

After the singles with 275+chains I did a set of 19(supposed to be 20) @225 with Snatch grip/hook grip. I was no where near able to hold onto this with double overhand for this many reps and grip was not a factor at all this way. Looking forward to trying out a heavy session with it.

"Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

Today was my light upper body day at the gym, basically a couple of exercises per body part with the objective of getting a really good pump/burn in the target muscle. Finished off with cable curls and seated preacher curls (5 sets of each - these are the last sets of each exercise).

186lbs in Avatar

lookin swole bell!

I've been at an All Inclusive in the Dominican Republic all week and I've gained about 10lbs (not good weight either)!

186lbs in Avatar

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    db, I have meaning to ask you since you are well versed in cutting and getting into contest shape. I'm sitting at 180lbs (10lbs more than my avi), probably 14% bodyfat due to recent vacations of my own, and only have three weeks until my trip to Vegas. How realistic would it be to get semi shredded in that timeframe? I have a pretty decent 4 day split that I run, and I mainly use a prowler for cardio and conditioning.

Any tips, or just hammer the sled 7 days a week and pray? LOL
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Ok, this has to be one of the most impressive lifts I've seen in quite sometime. You can watch the whole video or you can just go to about the 3:40 mark.
    Whats most impressive about that lift is that his form wasn't the best. I didn't see a whole lot of leg drive during that lift, yet he was still able to put up that much weight. Sick, I feel weak now....

Urban I am no expert by any means but I think really the best advice is be religious about intake. Personally I could easily drop 10lbs in that timeframe if I hadn't been cutting. Figure an initial week drop of 5 with some water and then 2lb/week after that.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    db, I have meaning to ask you since you are well versed in cutting and getting into contest shape. I'm sitting at 180lbs (10lbs more than my avi), probably 14% bodyfat due to recent vacations of my own, and only have three weeks until my trip to Vegas. How realistic would it be to get semi shredded in that timeframe? I have a pretty decent 4 day split that I run, and I mainly use a prowler for cardio and conditioning.

Any tips, or just hammer the sled 7 days a week and pray? LOL
    Working out will help, but food is the key. Egg whites, sweet potatoes, grilled chicken and white fish. White fish really helps me drop the fat at the end (talapia, mahi mahi, or boiled shrimp). Eat every 3 to 4 hours and limit portions to 4 to 6 oz. I can help you more when I get back home and have access to my diet.

186lbs in Avatar

Urban I am no expert by any means but I think really the best advice is be religious about intake. Personally I could easily drop 10lbs in that timeframe if I hadn't been cutting. Figure an initial week drop of 5 with some water and then 2lb/week after that.
    Thanks, I need to get on top of my intake. Food during the day, I haven't been all that bad. However, I was recently introduced to Moscow mules and its provoked late night unhealthy eating.

Working out will help, but food is the key. Egg whites, sweet potatoes, grilled chicken and white fish. White fish really helps me drop the fat at the end (talapia, mahi mahi, or boiled shrimp). Eat every 3 to 4 hours and limit portions to 4 to 6 oz. I can help you more when I get back home and have access to my diet.
    Haven't tried much tilapia but I could pick some up, for fish I mostly cook wild caught salmon. Sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, and lean turkey are usually what I try stick with. But any advice would be much appreciate, thanks db!! I feel like I have a solid foundation, just need to work on the damage I have done to my v-taper lately.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Thanks, I need to get on top of my intake. Food during the day, I haven't been all that bad. However, I was recently introduced to Moscow mules and its provoked late night unhealthy eating.

Haven't tried much tilapia but I could pick some up, for fish I mostly cook wild caught salmon. Sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, and lean turkey are usually what I try stick with. But any advice would be much appreciate, thanks db!! I feel like I have a solid foundation, just need to work on the damage I have done to my v-taper lately.
    Salmon has a higher fat content, but I doubt it would make that much difference. I was running 2200 calories on a non workout day, 2400 on a regular workout day and 2600 on a leg day. I'll get you some more information when I get home.

186lbs in Avatar

At 180lbs I run 2400 calories a day on average and will lose .5-1lb/week with about an hour of lifting 3x a week. If I add in cardio to that I can bump it up to two lbs.

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today was my light upper body day at the gym, basically a couple of exercises per body part with the objective of getting a really good pump/burn in the target muscle. Finished off with cable curls and seated preacher curls (5 sets of each - these are
    looking swole AF db! What's your bf% right now? I've lost 25lbs this year but I've basically stalled the last two months need to get back at it.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 180lbs I run 2400 calories a day on average and will lose .5-1lb/week with about an hour of lifting 3x a week. If I add in cardio to that I can bump it up to two lbs.
    totally peanut butter and jelly. Maintaining at 2000 cal/day at 210lb. I think I have the slowest metabolism on planet earth. Fat kid for life over here.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

Originally Posted by jdforsy View Post
    totally peanut butter and jelly. Maintaining at 2000 cal/day at 210lb. I think I have the slowest metabolism on planet earth. Fat kid for life over here.
    Ouch! When I was 200lb I think I started cutting at 1600cals but that was good for 2lb/week with LOTS of exercise. More muscle makes it easier.

How are you counting calories? I am religious about weighing EVERYTHING. And try very hard to avoid generic entries like "pizza" can't be helped a lot of the time like when my wife will make lasagna or something. I even bring the food scale to chain restuarants to weigh the servings I get and make sure they are on point with that they advertise. Hint: they almost never are.

Originally Posted by jdforsy View Post
    looking swole AF db! What's your bf% right now? I've lost 25lbs this year but I've basically stalled the last two months need to get back at it.
    I hit 188lbs at the end of last week and I'd estimate that I was at around 10% bodyfat at that time. Was still carrying fat in the lower abs and love handles. After a week of resort eating I'm weighing in on their scales at 200lbs. Some of it is water weight. I image it will take me a couple of weeks to recover. Hoping to hit 185lbs by mid of next month for a trip to Italy.

186lbs in Avatar

Either their scales were off or I was holding a lot of water (or alcohol). I weighed in at 191lbs this morning.

186lbs in Avatar

probably both

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ouch! When I was 200lb I think I started cutting at 1600cals but that was good for 2lb/week with LOTS of exercise. More muscle makes it easier.

How are you counting calories? I am religious about weighing EVERYTHING. And try very hard to avoid generic entries like "pizza" can't be helped a lot of the time like when my wife will make lasagna or something. I even bring the food scale to chain restuarants to weigh the servings I get and make sure they are on point with that they advertise. Hint: they almost never are.
    Sounds like you have a major class action lawsuit on your hands, just like Subway.

I'm guessing they are smaller, but is that the case or are the portions all over the place?
    You could make an interesting collection of data from this. I guarantee, a lot of people would be interested in your findings.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

Good point. Commonly larger. For example, a Cold Stone "Like It" serving is frequently about 1.5-1.75 servings. In-n-out gives you about 1.25 servings of french fries.

I hate how litigious our society is though . Just be responsible and it's all good. They publish the metric serving weight in most cases and I think most have disclaimers.

I was at 200lbs on their scales on Saturday. Got home on late Sunday night and was at 194.6lbs on Monday morning, 191lbs yesterday and 189.2lbs this morning. So I think I must have been holding a descent amount of water weight.

186lbs in Avatar

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^

Agree on the water weight. Whenever I cut (it has been awhile) I see a huge drop in weight (sometimes as much as 10lbs) the first couple days. All water/junk getting cleared out. Notice the same thing if I have a binge weekend while cutting. Come back 10lbs heavies and takes a few days to draw it back out.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #79 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #2 ||---||
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #4 ▪[M]====[6]▪

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Been massively sleep deprived with the 1 month old crying all night (she has reflux). I'm still managing to get some quality lifts in despite the extreme lack of sleep. Hit a few 5 plate squat doubles and a few 3 plate bench triples last night. Hope to start making progress again soon...

Squats: https://instagram.com/p/3hvjO9qVhH/
    Bench: https://instagram.com/p/3hwAKHKVht/
    www.instagram.com/mastodonstrength/

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Reps, reps, reps...sweet lifts dude.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great work. Keep it up. On spread.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #79 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #2 ||---||
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #4 ▪[M]====[6]▪

I'm jelly. I was supposed to hit a squat PR today but I'm getting sick . Took some caffeine and went for it anyways. Worked up to a 450 attempt. 425 went okay but I got stapled by 450:

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    Reps, reps, reps...sweet lifts dude.
    Originally Posted by Vmango View Post
    Great work. Keep it up. On spread.
    Thanks, gents! It's not quite as nice as my 500x5 a couple months ago, but I'm just glad my wife makes sure I at least have time to get the work in.

I'm jelly. I was supposed to hit a squat PR today but I'm getting sick . Took some caffeine and went for it anyways. Worked up to a 450 attempt. 425 went okay but I got stapled by 450:
    I know those feels. That's still solid lifting. What are you weighing in at now?
    www.instagram.com/mastodonstrength/

Thanks. Been cutting down slowly. Weighed in at 177.6 this morning. Probably actually lighter at time of lift. Took a dump at the office and was in meeting hell till lifting time. Only had a boiled egg/bacon and some trail mix.