Thread: Ankle Soreness

36Ryno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ankle Soreness

Received a football scholarship in which I will be leaving in January. But in these last few weeks of field work and speed training I have felt soreness in an ankle I sprained over a year and a half ago. I don't feel any of the pain during running, lifts etc..

Is this just going to be something that will always be their since the Anterior ligaments were stretched??

JoeD31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoeD31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Same Issue

I have the same problem. For me it's on the outside of my right ankle. Not sure what it's from to be honest.

Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by 36Ryno View Post
    Received a football scholarship in which I will be leaving in January. But in these last few weeks of field work and speed training I have felt soreness in an ankle I sprained over a year and a half ago. I don't feel any of the pain during running, lifts etc..

Is this just going to be something that will always be their since the Anterior ligaments were stretched??
    It sounds like an overuse problem that you never addressed. You need to strengthen your foot and ankle muscles so you can handle the stress.

36Ryno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mbbmrb View Post
    It sounds like an overuse problem that you never addressed. You need to strengthen your foot and ankle muscles so you can handle the stress.
    Any recommended workouts or exercises I should do?

AveryIrwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tore most of the ligaments in my ankle from playing basketball and the #1 thing that has helped me so far is swimming. If I were you, I would just go in a pool somewhere with something to lay your stomach on to float and kick in the water.

ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) ByronKelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strengthen your ankle, and work on ankle mobility. Google the follinwg things. Ankle Strengthening exercises, ankle mobility exercises, mobilitywod (look up some videos about ankle mobility on youtube).
    Estimated 1Rep Max at ~204lbs

Squat 370lb (1.71xBW)
    Deadlift 470lb (2.30xBW)
    Bench 265lb (1.30xBW)

-bk

Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mbbmrb is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You could google ankle exercises but squats and deadlifts done correctLy will do the trick because thy require ankle stiffness to transmit the force to the ground. Also you need to reduce your running or stop completely until there is no more soreness. Running on weak ankles is like driving on flat tires.

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mobilitywod on youtube my friend. Foam roll/lax ball your calves..