OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OhSoFocus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Critique my Client assement

Sup guys,

I was looking for some critique on my Client Assessment. This would serve as a baseline, tweaked to different client abilities post consultation.

Treadmill 5 min- Low Intensity
    Planks 1 set for time
    Pushups 1x12 (Regression: knee; Upperbody elevated)
    BW Squats 1x12 (Reg: Ball to Wall Squats)
    Elliptical 5 min low/med intensity
    Chest Press 1x12
    Cable Row 1 x 12
    PullUps 1x12 (Reg: assisted)
    ShoulderPress 1x12
    Treadmill 5 min Low Intensity
    Lunges 1 x 12
    StepUps 1 x 12
    Single Leg Toe Reach 1 x 12
    Cooldown/Stretch

Thoughts? Thanks in advance
    Health, Wealth, and Knowledge Itself.

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #3 -!!!---!!!-

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As a workout that's probably fine - but an assessment should be designed to find things out. So the first question is - what are you looking for? Baseline strength? Ability to move properly? Can they be coached? What type of workout is geared best for them?

Then the next question is why? Why do elliptical and treadmill instead of bike/stepper? Why do all the different movements?

I always gear my assessment towards certain fundamental things I want to either see or not see, and then tweak it based on the person and that their body presents to me. For example, if they can't do a plank - why? Is it bad coaching, inability to hold a braced position or just that they are weak somewhere else? So you might have them try a plank and then suddenly have to move on to something else that will teach you the answer if they have a problem. If they can do a squat fairly well, but not a lunge, is it a matter of balance, coordination or a weak side?

Hope that helps - like I said, for a first workout that would probably be fine.

HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HollisterHB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    As a workout that's probably fine - but an assessment should be designed to find things out. So the first question is - what are you looking for? Baseline strength? Ability to move properly? Can they be coached? What type of workout is geared best for them?

Then the next question is why? Why do elliptical and treadmill instead of bike/stepper? Why do all the different movements?

I always gear my assessment towards certain fundamental things I want to either see or not see, and then tweak it based on the person and that their body presents to me. For example, if they can't do a plank - why? Is it bad coaching, inability to hold a braced position or just that they are weak somewhere else? So you might have them try a plank and then suddenly have to move on to something else that will teach you the answer if they have a problem. If they can do a squat fairly well, but not a lunge, is it a matter of balance, coordination or a weak side?

Hope that helps - like I said, for a first workout that would probably be fine.
    I like this advice.

In my initial assessments I look at the clients movement patterns. If I don't like what I see during a certain exercise I will do more assessments to see what the underlying problem is. Too many assessments right now are Pass/Fail.