alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexkoch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting back into gym after injury, need advice!

Hey guys, I've recently had to take about 3 months off from the gym due to injury. I'm pretty much fully recovered but not sure how to get back into training.

The few times I've gotten back into it after long breaks I went too hard and felt like I got hit by a truck for 4 days.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on training programs or articles to get back into the gym and maximize efficiency at recovering the lost gainz.

All input is welcome, thanks!

redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) redphro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by alexkoch View Post
    Hey guys, I've recently had to take about 3 months off from the gym due to injury. I'm pretty much fully recovered but not sure how to get back into training.

The few times I've gotten back into it after long breaks I went too hard and felt like I got hit by a truck for 4 days.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on training programs or articles to get back into the gym and maximize efficiency at recovering the lost gainz.

All input is welcome, thanks!
    I don't have any legit advice for you, accept just get in the gym and do it! You might not be able to do what you are use to doing, but you will be able to work up to it! Please don't get discouraged and stop training! The only way to succeed in fitness is to get back in that gym, and train your butt off. It should take you less time to get back to where you were, than the first time around! Just give it a couple of months! and you will look better than you already had!
    I want to be the best version of me, that I can be.

tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyrsnbdr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You didn't state your injury, so I'll give you my story. I herniated a disk in my lower back in the gym, bed rest, great drugs, laziness... ETC, ETC. I was out of the gym for about 4 months.

Naturally, I was tentative to do certain exercised in the gym. I started quickly with exercises that don't use lower back as a primary or secondary muscle movements, i.e. Bench press, bi's/tri's, calves, quad extensions. No need to kill yourself with your pre-injury routine, use this as a get back basics, full range of motion exercises, great technique, rebuild the foundation type stuff.

I am still very careful with all movements that put extra weight on my lower back: Moving dumbbells from rack to exercise area and back, loading machines, squats, deadlifts, leg press, rows, pull-ups, pull downs, back extensions, etc. Each one of those exercises I went light with moderate reps to see how I felt. If I felt good, I would try a higher weight, higher reps or both until I didn't feel good anymore. Often, I would feel great at the gym and then go home and be wrecked in pain, then I starting eliminating exercises that would give me a delayed pain.

Now, a year after my injury, and 6 months of back in the gym. I'm stronger and bigger than I have ever been. I still won't do deadlifts (and I love to do deadlifts), I have a set limit on the weight I squat, no back extensions and I stopped neglecting my core, and most importantly, I'm smarter.

Now to get those pesky calories under control...