Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

shingles???? whats your experience

Hey there. Well, I am popping back out of lurk world with a question regarding shingles and working out. I won't get into the details (I tend to get off track babbling) but I was wondering if anyone has experienced it,and did it derail your fitness goals. Right now between the fatigue and muscle spasms/electronic shocks I cannot continue with my workout. I just got diagnosed yesterday and was put on medicine but I have been reading it can take weeks and months to heal and I will go crazy/get even more stressed. Can I resume at any time ?. I lift weights at home, so I wouldn't be going to a gym. Will it make it worse? I am bummed because I was really seeing progress with my strength, getting that routine down around crazy work and two little ones. The doctor said I could continue but made a comment on my low weight and added stress (105lbs at 5'3). Yes, I have dropped weight in the past couple of weeks and not sure why. I know several people take refeed weeks and come back stronger ... I should not be stressing about this, but right now I am just hoping to hear that these sensations and pain will go away and I will be able to get back to my mission of building strength (and learning how to manage stress). Thank you

WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got it in college. Kept my off the baseball field and out of class for two weeks. Was extremely painful. Just take it easy for a while and let it get taken care of.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nothing to take lightly. Follow doctor's orders. The gym will still be there when you're better. You're underweight and ill, so you body needs all the support it can get to heal.

My mom had it real bad and was left with residual nerve damage in her hip/buttock area because she went misdiagnosed and untreated for days/weeks.

Shingles is/can be very serious.

Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a very "mild case" in which it only broke out in one spot on my back and it was very painful and irritating so I am can only imagine what full blown shingles are like. I am sorry to hear you are going through this. Please, take this time to not worry about body building and focus on overall health. Your body needs rest and good nutrition. Take care of yourself.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did get shingles when I was pregnant - in the end of my 2nd trimester I think.

It was incredibly painful - childbirth kind of painful - and I couldn't take anything stronger than Tylenol because of the baby.

I quit my job at the gym when I got it. Took 3 weeks off, returned to teach fitness class and lift weights but stopped the gym management part and extra cardio because it was all together too much.

Shingles, and this is important, is a signal that something is wrong with your body i.e. you are over tired, stressed, drained.

Old people, pregnant woman or students get it when they have too much load on their body.

IMHO you need to rest really well and examine what is taking such a toll on your body and make sure you don't go back to the same level of demands you had earlier.

Good luck!
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thank you so much for the responses.. Yes, I have quite a load right now and I don't see it changing soon, i've been told my adrenals are stressed and apparently I cannot manage it well. Its been suggested that I stop nursing my daughter, but I am aiming for two years.....10 more months. This time is too precious and I will never get it back. I have been trying to think of solutions. Anyways, babbling. The fever has me so drained working out doesn't appeal to me, but that is my only stress relief/me time, and I am sure it added to this.

Thank you I really appreciate it