laxer1017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Left side of body developing quicker than right... Help!

I'm somewhat new to lifting, but I can already see my upper body getting lopsided. My left bicep, tricep, and pec are starting to become noticeably larger than the right. During and after workouts I feel the pump stronger in my left pec than my right. The day after, my left is much sorer than my right. Similarly my left tricep is sore after workout days, and my right is not sore what so ever. I am right handed so I kind of find this weird. Is this genetic? I feel as if I have good form and am lifting equally with each arm. Any advice?
    Last edited by laxer1017; 10-15-2013 at 11:44 AM.

A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thats pretty weird, maybe its all in your head. If not then just make sure you are keeping balanced weight. If it continues then try to squeeze out a few more reps on your right side. Ive heard of peoples biceps and chest lagging on a certain side but never your whole body.

DR96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Try using dumbbells more than barbells it will make each side and muscle be worked evenly. As fore soreness your left side is feeling more sore because it is weaker. Don't worry about it work both sides the same and with time your left and right side will be just as strong

Registered User CristianFitness's Avatar
    CristianFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You just have to give it some time. Your right side is probably stronger and more developed hence it not getting as sore as your left. Use dumbbells with a weight you can control with good form and focus on squeezing at the peak of your movement. Also, if this continues, increase your rep range for the left side to allow it to catch up but this is a common beginners issue. Nothing to be worried about.

Lightspeed metabolism SergioVicini's Avatar
    SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SergioVicini has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hahaha lets switch sides for a while then, my right side is bigger in this case, bigger shoulders, biceps, triceps and calve, but smaller chest ._.
    [ ]Dirty bulking [x] bulking [ ] cutting

"O la vittoria o tutti accoppati"

laxer1017 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CristianFitness View Post
    You just have to give it some time. Your right side is probably stronger and more developed hence it not getting as sore as your left. Use dumbbells with a weight you can control with good form and focus on squeezing at the peak of your movement. Also, if this continues, increase your rep range for the left side to allow it to catch up but this is a common beginners issue. Nothing to be worried about.
    I kind of figured that the soreness was due to it being the weaker side. Do you think that my left is building mass quicker as a way to become as strong as my right side? also will the size difference eventually even out?