Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
    Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Sunz85 View Post
    Got a problem with making a new nutrition plan following kelei's advice.

I always end up with way to many protein. I weigh 154 lbs so I'd need about 110 grams of protein.
    Instead I always end up around 150-160 grams and sometimes even more.

I know it's not necessary to count them but I've always counted my kcal like this. I just want to make sure my ratios are correct.

I'm currently bulking at around 3000 kcal but I'm having trouble filling up my carbs without adding an excess of protein
    My rice and oats combined make up already for 40 grams of my protein intake. Do they I need to count them as proteins or should I only count my proteins from my eggs, milk and meat?

Also, do you guys know which foods contains almost solely carbs (like bananas) but made of complex carbs (so no sucrose of fructose). Sweet potatoes are an option but they are costly where I'm from.
    I always use some dextrose after my workouts but I'm looking for an alternative for my rest days.

Also for an 154 lbs guy how many grams of fat would be advised on a 3000 kcal intake?

Thx for helping me with these questions!
    I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but in terms of counting your rice and oats as carbs/proteins, your macros are calculated in grams - so my understanding is this means rice and oats would count towards both. If you look at the calories in a serving of X food and then look at the grams of protein, total carbohydrate, and fat (assuming 4,4,9 cals per gram respectively) then that's usually how I see that value calculated anyway.

In other words, if a serving of rice gives you 4g of protein and 35g of carbs, then count that towards your protein and your carb macro - it doesn't mean that you would count 1 200 cal serving of rice as 200 cal of protein and then another one as 200 cal of carbs. In that case you definitely WOULD be overshooting your intakes.

Also, as Kelei has mentioned, in reality protein has a very poor conversion rate to calories by the gram. So if you DID go over in terms of your protein intake, it's not really going to hurt anything because the extra calories you're getting from the protein that isn't being used by your body are negligible.

As far as fats go, you can establish what you need in grams for protein and carbs, then make up the rest in fats to reach a specific total calorie goal.

This is how I understand it, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    its not a problem eating over your protein macro. kelei has stated that the calories from protein are waaaay under the 4 cals per gram commonly thought, more like 0.4, and you can pretty much discount them in your macro calculations, just count carbs and fats.
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sunz85 View Post
    Got a problem with making a new nutrition plan following kelei's advice.

I always end up with way to many protein. I weigh 154 lbs so I'd need about 110 grams of protein.
    Instead I always end up around 150-160 grams and sometimes even more.

I know it's not necessary to count them but I've always counted my kcal like this. I just want to make sure my ratios are correct.

I'm currently bulking at around 3000 kcal but I'm having trouble filling up my carbs without adding an excess of protein
    My rice and oats combined make up already for 40 grams of my protein intake. Do they I need to count them as proteins or should I only count my proteins from my eggs, milk and meat?

Also, do you guys know which foods contains almost solely carbs (like bananas) but made of complex carbs (so no sucrose of fructose). Sweet potatoes are an option but they are costly where I'm from.
    I always use some dextrose after my workouts but I'm looking for an alternative for my rest days.

Also for an 154 lbs guy how many grams of fat would be advised on a 3000 kcal intake?

Thx for helping me with these questions!
    Don't over think it.

Protein: 0.82g/lb BW
    Fat: 0.4-0.6g/lb BW

*These are minimums. Just meet these and then (see below)

Fill in the rest of your calories with any amount of fat, protein, and/or carbs until you reach your bulking calorie amount. More carbs are better for this routine, but going over your protein minimums isn't going to hurt you.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How is going your progression in size and strength in the new revision?

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    Strength has not skyrocketed, but is steadily climbing. Size, well that is improving in the few weeks I've been on this routine. I can finally see my chest and shoulders start to pop out more, which has always been a lagging part.

Legs, slowly but surely are coming along. Unfortunately they are lagging so far behind, slowly isn't what I want. But it's better than nothing. Patience....

reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) reinvdw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Kelei,

My parents are concerned about the supplements I take. I take Creatine, Beta-Alanine (love the tingles), NO Boosters, Purple Wraath and occassionally Caffeine. They say they want "expertise". I thought that maybe you could help me. Can you please help me? And if not, do you know anyone who could offer this? I already tried mailing Layne Norton twice, but I guess his inbox is always full...

Thanks!

Great routine btw, doing it for a month and seeing the best results yet...

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by krysix View Post
    I've been around maintenace for like 2 months and I'm getting leaner (even though I gained some weight, like 1-2kg), and strenght is skyrocketing, I'm significantly stronger then 2 or 3 months ago.

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think I'm just going to hold myself at ~195lbs.

The food that's required for me to eat to continue gaining weight makes me feel way too full, sick and tired all day long. No thanks Jeff.

Plus I just hate eating. I look forward to no meals. I force down most of my meals. Literally just eating for function. Go figure that's why I was 150lbs 2 years ago.

Perma-recomp crew checking in.
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

You hate eating? Wow, talk about being deprived of one of the greatest joys in life.

Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chicago1287 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ctprelude View Post
    Are you doing external rotations and rear delt flyes? If not, start doing them, they helped my shoulder health a lot and now have no issues. I'd also recommend everyone to do Kelei's stretching routine that is posted within the first few pages of this thread. It helped me out a lot with DOMS and otherwise constantly tight muscles that were causing me issues.

How much water do you drink a day? I'd guess you're probably just not getting enough and cramping up because of it.
    I have not started this routine yet but on my push/pull days, I do external rotations and flyes. But I'm not sure how much of them I should be doing.

I've never had an issue with water. I'm drinking water all day. I'm thinking I may have some deficiency or something because I've had cramping issues since I was a kid. It just gets worse when I lift.

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post

The food that's required for me to eat to continue gaining weight makes me feel way too full, sick and tired all day long. No thanks Jeff.

Plus I just hate eating. I look forward to no meals. I force down most of my meals. Literally just eating for function. Go figure that's why I was 150lbs 2 years ago.

I'm so freakin jellous dude...I can never get enough food, EVER! Prick

lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10) lwevert is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in the same boat. I'm never really hungry. My wife has to remind me to eat. If I don't count calories I'll never get in enough. It reminds to eat more to meet my macros.

My Kelei Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146942493

Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Joshyb90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey kelei, just wondering what your thoughts are to whether your routine will yield as good 'size' gains compared to a typical 4-5day split or PPL etc.??
    Last edited by Joshyb90; 11-22-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    Number 1 goal: consistency.

MaNIaXC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey kelei
    During leg press my knees go outwards at the bottom of the movement ?
    Is it alright or has to be dealt with ?

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by reinvdw View Post
    Hey Kelei,

My parents are concerned about the supplements I take. I take Creatine, Beta-Alanine (love the tingles), NO Boosters, Purple Wraath and occassionally Caffeine. They say they want "expertise". I thought that maybe you could help me. Can you please help me? And if not, do you know anyone who could offer this? I already tried mailing Layne Norton twice, but I guess his inbox is always full...

Thanks!

Great routine btw, doing it for a month and seeing the best results yet...
    Keep the creatine, drop everything else.

Originally Posted by Chicago1287 View Post
    I have not started this routine yet but on my push/pull days, I do external rotations and flyes. But I'm not sure how much of them I should be doing.

I've never had an issue with water. I'm drinking water all day. I'm thinking I may have some deficiency or something because I've had cramping issues since I was a kid. It just gets worse when I lift.
    A magnesium deficiency can cause cramps, your muscles use calcium to contract and magnesium to relax, the more active you are the more magnesium you require, this would explain why your cramping is worse when you train.

Take 3 of these per day:

http://www.iherb.com/Carlson-Labs-Ch...4&sr=null&ic=1

Give it a few weeks to start working. Drinking milk before/during your workouts is also worth trying, the electrolytes can help prevent cramps.

You (or anyone else) can use my discount code and save 5-10 dollars off your first order from iherb (I buy all my supplements from there), you'll be doing me a favour as well, I receive a small amount of store credit when you puchase something so it'll save me some money on my orders. My code is LUK760

Originally Posted by Chicago1287 View Post
    Hey Kelei...just a few questions.

1. I've been struggling with shoulder issues for a year on and off. Sometimes they feel great, sometimes they feel like ****. Then I strained my chest a few times and had other weird injuries. I put the blame on not stretching the way I should be. I usually only do warm-ups before my lifting routine, and about 10 min of static stretches after my workout is done. Would you say that's adequate to prevent injuries?

2. Any shoulder static stretches that you recommend or stay away from?
    Have you seen my stretching routine? I think it'll help you, someone else linked it already in this thread I think.

Originally Posted by MaNIaXC View Post
    Hey kelei
    During leg press my knees go outwards at the bottom of the movement ?
    Is it alright or has to be dealt with ?
    I don't think it's anything to worry about.

cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) cgolkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Kelei,

Quick question for you. I've been on your routine since February and seen some really great gains from it. I've read the entire thread and I know you say strength fluctuations are normal and long-term strength is what matters. Well I'm currently stuck on 225 for bench press and have been for some time now. I use the same bar every time (thick bar) and my reps vary A LOT every workout.

For example two weeks ago my bench press first set of each workout was 5, 10, 8. Last week was 8, 10, 11. This week it has been 6 and 9. I was just wondering if that is normal to go from 5 to 11 and back down to 6. Thanks!

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    You hate eating? Wow, talk about being deprived of one of the greatest joys in life.

i just look at it like a task, a chore

it's how I've always been
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

i just look at it like a task, a chore

it's how I've always been
    I can respect that. I don't understand it, but I respect it...

I love food way too much. There's a fat kid living inside of me, luckily I haven't let him out yet.

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think I would have any problem eating 4k+ kcals regularly

Whole milk, eggs, meat, butter, coconut oil, cashews, bread, oats, rice,

np jeff

ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Joshyb90 View Post
    Hey kelei, just wondering what your thoughts are to whether your routine will yield as good 'size' gains compared to a typical 4-5day split or PPL etc.??
    Well this is Kelei's improved/revised routine compared to his old PPL, and is a hypertrophy routine, so yes it should. Increased frequency and the same volume is more effective than only hitting a muscle 1-2 times a week at the same amount of weekly volume.
    Kansas City Crew

dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    Keep the creatine, drop everything else
    Any reason why to drop the caffeine?

doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doug222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    kelei, if i could pick your brain for a bit.. how would *you* gain mass with singles? is it possible? how many total reps would you do?

litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) litljay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 64509chvl View Post
    I'm so freakin jellous dude...I can never get enough food, EVER! Prick
    Originally Posted by lwevert View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I'm never really hungry. My wife has to remind me to eat. If I don't count calories I'll never get in enough. It reminds to eat more to meet my macros.
    Love to eat crew! Off to get a breakfast burrito.
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Kelei, (or anyone else)

I've seemed to have overly developed my traps vs. my lats, it's quite obvious when looking in the mirror. I was thinking of adding additional lat work in. Would you suggest this, and if so what exercise? Lat pull downs?

mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10) mytmous is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been gone for about 7 months focusing on cycling, which means I've lost about all my gains :-( I'm starting to get back into lifting again and of course, my go to plan now is Kelei's Intermediate/Advanced routine. I did the old routine for about 3 months the beginning of this year and made my best gains using that template. I'm hopeful to see the same results with the latest revision. Considering starting another log, but I'm not sure yet.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to get some input on a new injury 2 weeks in. I think the injury came from cycling and is just being aggravated by lifting. The problem exists in my left knee and the pain radiates around the front of my knee below my kneecap. It almost feels like it's originating from inbetween the tibia and femur. I only seem to feel pain when doing hamstring exercises. Specifically, lying leg curls and when pulling my shoes off (holding the heel with the toe of the other foot). Not sure what this could be and if anyone can give any help on stretches or anything to help heal this up. I'm thinking lay off the lying curls and focus on RDLs until It's feeling better. No pain during squats or RDLs btw. Any suggestions?

RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGA8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kelei, (or anyone else)

I've seemed to have overly developed my traps vs. my lats, it's quite obvious when looking in the mirror. I was thinking of adding additional lat work in. Would you suggest this, and if so what exercise? Lat pull downs?
    Instead of alternating between chin ups and pull ups you could just do both every day. Adding in new exercises won't hurt I guess but there is already a lot of variety for the lats hence my suggestion.

Originally Posted by RGA8 View Post
    Instead of alternating between chin ups and pull ups you could just do both every day. Adding in new exercises won't hurt I guess but there is already a lot of variety for the lats hence my suggestion.
    I thought about that as well. I don't know why, but I suck at pull-ups. I can only manage to do 15 lbs on top of my BW, where for chin-ups I can throw on 45-50 lbs and get to my 10 rep failure mark. I dunno...

I'd guess if he thought they were worth doing, he would have included Lat Pulldowns, so perhaps I shouldn't be adding those in.

AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AccuraNSX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi, since im not able to do slightly inclined bench press at my gym, im wondering what would be a more effective substitute slightly inclined dumbell press or clasic flat bench?

ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ctprelude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought about that as well. I don't know why, but I suck at pull-ups. I can only manage to do 15 lbs on top of my BW, where for chin-ups I can throw on 45-50 lbs and get to my 10 rep failure mark. I dunno...

I'd guess if he thought they were worth doing, he would have included Lat Pulldowns, so perhaps I shouldn't be adding those in.
    That's pretty typical with a lot of people, since your biceps are involved much more doing chins vs pull-ups. When you're doing them going forward really try and focus on pulling yourself up with your back vs your arms. Wouldn't hurt to throw in using the lat pulldown machine either. It's what I use now exclusively, since pulls/chins started giving me bad tendonitis once I got up to the BW+60ish pound range.
    Kansas City Crew

Yeah I'm the same way with pull ups

45lbs + bw on chin ups

struggling hard with 25lbs + bw on pull ups

I can respect that. I don't understand it, but I respect it...

I love food way too much. There's a fat kid living inside of me, luckily I haven't let him out yet.
    Lol nah I've always been skinny because I didn't care much for eating.

It's easily the only thing I hate about bodybuilding. Love training, hate eating.

My mother had to literally remind me before I went outside as a kid to eat but I'd grab an apple instead of a meal because I just never wanted to make time for food.