View Poll Results: What is your primary workout/training focus?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bodybuilding

16 19.51%
  • Powerlifting

12 14.63%
  • Athletic performance (training for a sport)

9 10.98%
  • General aesthetics/health

43 52.44%
  • Other

2 2.44%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Acutal bodybuilders, or just gear nuts?

Obviously this site, bodybuilding.com, is one that lends itself to bodybuilders. But I'm wondering the specific demographics/training patterns and goals of the members specifically of this Workout Equipment forum.

I know myself personally, I am not a bodybuilder, and I have no interest whatsoever in bodybuilding. I train for athletic performance, but I hang out and post on this forum because I love workout equipment and learning about all the latest and greatest gear... a similar obsession I think many of us have here and this is the best resource I've found for equipment info.

So my question, am I alone in this? Or are there a lot of non-bodybuidlers in here? People who just love workout gear, but train for a different purpose?

Edit - If a mod could change the typo Acutal to Actual in the headline, that would be great.
    Last edited by chobs; 10-13-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chobs View Post
    Obviously this site, bodybuilding.com, is one that lends itself to bodybuilders. But I'm wondering the specific demographics/training patterns and goals of the members specifically of this Workout Equipment forum.

I know myself personally, I am not a bodybuilder, and I have no interest whatsoever in bodybuilding. I train for athletic performance, but I hang out and post on this forum because I love workout equipment and learning about all the latest and greatest gear... a similar obsession I think many of us have here and this is the best resource I've found for equipment info.

So my question, am I alone in this? Or are there a lot of non-bodybuidlers in here? People who just love workout gear, but train for a different purpose?
    Same as you but with powerlifting. Or powerlifting as long as I can stay together. When I blow something off, then I'll bodybuild or something. And yes, I like the toys. Stuff that's well built. I also like to see just how crappy some stuff can get and still find buyers. Like a car wreck, I have to watch.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    I've always been into bodybuilding and wanted to get there, but the reality is I never will. So if I compete in a weight lifting sport it will be powerlifting as the meets seem fun and I like setting PR's so my training is focused around that. I'm almost 40 and lifting weights keeps me healthy and allows me to be competitive at the sport I do compete in.

Does that answer your question?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you missed a very important reason for working out: strength. The poll is lacking as a result.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50) chobs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    OP, you missed a very important reason for working out: strength. The poll is lacking as a result.
    I would say that would fall under "General aesthetics/health" ... Let me see if I can edit the poll to add /Strength.

Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dinerobill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm 68 years old with the variety of health issues that accompany aging. However, since I resumed lifting a couple months ago, I have noticed an extraordinary improvement in my health. So, I lift to improve my health, strength and to look pretty. I also never met a piece of equipment I didn't like.
    By God's grace, through faith I am saved.

Please support our wounded warriors.

Bill

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This^^^
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Chalk me up as one of those for health and strength. Been some time since I did this. Just looking to hit it full steam once again.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure. I just like the iron.

Similar to guys that buy expensive golf clubs or musical instruments for recreation, I came into this. The strength, aesthetic, and health benefits are great and keep me engaged. Like I tell my wife after a $500 gym purchase, this is my thing. Other guys spend more money and time at the bar. I don't golf, I visit the bar rarely, and I like it. A guy I work with has a $12k golf club membership and calls me nuts for paying $300 for a barbell, then he tells me about his clubs. I get it it. It's his thing, he doesn't get mine.

The equipment thing in particular has to do with my professional background. My previous career required a very critical eye and mechanical aptitude. Watching 1000's of cycles of equipment perform, looking for that one deviation, figuring out why it happened and how to eliminate it, fitting new machines in a certain space, etc. That type of stuff starts to translate to your fitness equipment hobby easily after some years.

If I was a serious bodybuilder, I'd be in a different "gear" forum.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Actually, I think the poll is solid the way it sits. Strength would fall under the "Powerlifting" category, by definition powerlifters should be called "Strength"-lifters and crossfitters would fall under the "Power" category due to time being a factor when lifting. As for myself, when I first started I was in it to become aesthetic and to supplement athletic performance, then as things progressed I became more interested in bodybuilding for hypertrophy and bringing up lagging body parts. Just this past year I got introduced to 5/3/1 and REALLY enjoyed the simplicity of increasing strength in the four main lifts. Now that I'm halfway thru my CPT book, I have created a three phase 10 week program that progresses thru all the three main categories of lifting (Bodybuilding, powerlifting, endurance/power) aimed at creating the ultimate performance based program.

So long story long, I'm an "all of the above" button LOL
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post

If I was a serious bodybuilder, I'd be in a different "gear" forum.
    Yes, I probably should have avoided the term "gear" in the thread due to the double meaning, hah.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Helps with my gerascophobia.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000) hugeaiden is just really nice. (+1000)
    no.1 is for aesthetics
    close no.2 is strength
    Lifts at 101 KG BW
    Squat- 190 KG in comp
    Bench- 125 KG in comp, 135kg unofficial
    Deadlift 230 KG in comp

Need cutting motivation? check my thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158485273&pagenumber=

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I was torn between "Athletic performance (training for a sport)" and "General aesthetics/health". I chose the latter, because that's closer to what it's about for me these days.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maluket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For me, it's about aesthetics, but rather than wanting to look like an underwear model or bodybuilder, I want to look like a powerlifter. I just figured that the right way to LOOK like a powerlifter was to BE a powerlifter. I'm very pleased when I set PRs, and my goals are in terms of weight lifted, so in that sense, I'm after strength. But the strength is ultimately secondary to looking how I want to look. Maybe that's why I suck at powerlifting. *chuckle*

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with the strength category as not fitting in others. I was torn between powerlifting and general aesthetics, but chose the second one because I don't compete in powerlifting. At 54, strength is not an obsession, it's a need. I do deadlifts, not because I like them, but because they help relieve the back pains. All of my lifts and routines are considered of the powerlifting variety, but I don't push to competition level, just to get stronger, while I can.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000) Biggerfoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    I founds over the years (close to 30 years of this) that looking for, collecting Yorks, planning, building, and reading about equipment has really helped me keep motivated. Instead of doing the same old thing, if I have something new or I made, I cannot wait to try it out.

I used to do strongman lifts but now at 51, it is more for health and fitness.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #29 ()---()

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strength, size, job performance, and self defence.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm with GarageIron. Spending money on my home gym and working out in it is my hobby. The CEO of the company I work for told me could pay his house off if he sold his ink pen collection, but yet he I'm sure he would fail to understand the need in purchasing a top notch power rack. Every one usually has something they enjoy to do and spend money on, working out and doing it at home is mine. As far as my goal and what I'm trying to reach....I'm not real sure. I started out on my journey as doing bodybuilding style workouts, but only until recently discovered I was wasting my time since I didn't have the solid foundation that I needed to get there. So I would say now I am training more towards a power lifting routine and not so much worrying about aesthetics.....you mirin brah?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why only general aesthetics/health?

What about elite top tier aesthetics. As that's where I'm heading..

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Divall213 View Post
    Why only general aesthetics/health?

What about elite top tier aesthetics. As that's where I'm heading..
    That would be called uh...bodybuilding !
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Bodybuilding. On my 21st consecutive year. To me, the equipment is nothing more than a tool to be used to forward my goals of building mass. The names of the equipment, and the quantity of equipment I have in my gym is secondary to it's functionality in it's ability to allow me to train exactly as I see fit.

That said, I have no problem with anyone more interested in just owning the 'latest and greatest' stuff, or who has a different training goal than I; to each his/her own. I post in this forum when I feel I have some experienced insight that might save a noob from an injury, lack of meaningful progress, or throwing his money away on useless junk or low-quality equipment.

I also post here because the other regulars are a good group of knowledgeable guys who can occasionally really bring teh lulz.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    That would be called uh...bodybuilding !
    Hmmm I think it can't if I have no intentions (ATM anyhow) of ever competing in a bodybuilding show!

But maybe

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably an attempt to ward off age in a general sense, but my slant is more towards bodybuilding. Neverheless, I do enjoy pushing myself on the three powerlifting moves, and collecting gym equipment. Years ago, my hobby was mechanical watches, and I do still love them. However, my money goes a lot further collecting gym equipment than it ever did collecting mechanical watches.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hmmm I think it can't if I have no intentions (ATM anyhow) of ever competing in a bodybuilding show!

But maybe

Bodybuilding and Bodybuilding Competitions are two different things.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50) jjosephs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    general fitness... fitness as how i define it. listed in order of importance:

* strength
    * muscular endurance
    * cardiovascular endurance
    * proportions (looking good)
    * flexibility

right now I'm mainly focused on getting my strength up. once i hit my strength goals then I'll be maintaining and shifting focus to other aspects of fitness.

But maybe
    That's how I feel about the powerlifting category, since that's the lifting I do, but I don't compete so I settled on generic aesthetics, which isn't true .

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I lift because 5 years ago I suffered a fairly devastating stroke that left me with literally 55% of the strength and coordination that I had before. The right side of my body is healthy. I will, most likely, never get back to 100% but anything better than the day before is progress. The choices of equipment (primarily machines) that I make are only geared for my recovery and future health.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Actually, I think the poll is solid the way it sits. Strength would fall under the "Powerlifting" category, by definition powerlifters should be called "Strength"-lifters and crossfitters would fall under the "Power" category due to time being a factor when lifting.
    To consider powerlifters and cross dressers...errr...crossfitters in the same category could be fighting words, lol. But I do understand Powerlifting is using strength, not power in the true sense of the word.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Actually, I think the poll is solid the way it sits. Strength would fall under the "Powerlifting" category, by definition powerlifters should be called "Strength"-lifters and crossfitters would fall under the "Power" category due to time being a factor when lifting.
    No. Powerlifting involves specific lifts, and may include competition. It requires strength, but strength raining does not mean one must do the power lift lifts.

I would say that would fall under "General aesthetics/health" ... Let me see if I can edit the poll to add /Strength.
    Health is a side benefit of strength. Aesthetics has nothing to do with strength. The definition of the word is "of or relating to art or beauty."
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~