azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Optimum Nutrition ZMA Blood Test Results

I have low testosterone, but not low enough for my doctor to do anything about it. I've been experiencing some bad depression and I'm convinced it's the low testosterone levels. My doctor prescribed some depression meds but I didn't want to take those.

Anyways, I recently got a well paying job so I decided to do some supplement tests of my own. I figured I'll share my results if anyone is interested. Here are the results for Optimum Nutrition ZMA (taken as directed on label).

Woke up at 8:30AM, blood drawn at 9:00AM
    Baseline Testosterone Total (serum) level (only vitamins and protein powder taken): 359 ng/dL

Woke up at 8:30AM, blood drawn at 9:10AM
    After 10 days of taking ZMA (no other supplements other than vitamins and protein powder): 371 ng/dL

I purchased the blood test from privatemd and blood was drawn at a LabCorp location.

Not much of a difference I guess. I have noticed that my morning wood was back for a few days but then they were gone after. Must have been placebo.

My next supplement I'm taking is Sports Food Tribulus Terrestris 1000mg/day, 95% Steroidal Saponins, 80% Protodioscin. I'm currently on the 9th day and I'm getting my blood tested tomorrow.
    After tribulus, I'm going to give DHEA a shot.

If you guys have any supplement requests or any requests on how I'm doing this, I'd be happy to give it a try.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Blood work for test should be done completely fasted for one.

No OTC Supplement Test booster will boost your test that much. Your doctor gave you meds for what? Depression or Test?

Using ZMA, Trib, and DHEA will not do what I assume you are expecting

D Aspartic Acid
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...rtic-acid.html

DAA Has been proven to show an increase in testosterone...especially in men who have lower levels of T....still not going to put you from 359 to 750 or anything though.

The "TestoSurge" in the product below also has human studies behind it. I stack them together a few times per year.

but at the end of the day....will there be an increase? Yes....will it take you from a low level T to high? No

listen to your DR
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kerplunk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post

No OTC Supplement Test booster will boost your test that much. Your doctor gave you meds for what? Depression or Test?

D Aspartic Acid

DAA Has been proven to show an increase in testosterone...especially in men who have lower levels of T....still not going to put you from 359 to 750 or anything though.

The "TestoSurge" in the product below also has human studies behind it. I stack them together a few times per year.

but at the end of the day....will there be an increase? Yes....will it take you from a low level T to high? No

listen to your DR
    http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013...rtic-acid.html

azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) azncone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post

D Aspartic Acid

listen to your DR
    Doc gave me prescription for depression, not for test. He said my test levels were perfectly fine (I disagree).

Privatemd labs said no fasting is needed if testing ONLY testosterone levels. I did fast anyways however.

I'll add d-aspartic acid to my list of 10 day trials.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Hopefully this will put to rest the DAA free for all.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nom Z has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10 days of ZMA isn't going to do much; ZMA isn't going to do much for test either unless you're zinc deficient.
    Meow

potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't waste your time and money doing tests after only 10days, there is NOTHING out there short of pharmaceuticals, that can elicit a marked, measurable response in that time frame

i suggest you ask the doc to refer you to an endo or switch docs, he is obviously not in sync with your needs

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by potionmaster View Post
    don't waste your time and money doing tests after only 10days, there is NOTHING out there short of pharmaceuticals, that can elicit a marked, measurable response in that time frame

i suggest you ask the doc to refer you to an endo or switch docs, he is obviously not in sync with your needs
    We have beta tested products with a range of 60-150% increases in test over 5 days. Several of the testers are regulars on this board. But I digress

OP, you bought bloodwork just to test ZMA? Why not do research first

potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) potionmaster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    We have beta tested products with a range of 60-150% increases in test over 5 days. Several of the testers are regulars on this board. But I digress

OP, you bought bloodwork just to test ZMA? Why not do research first
    said products? i'd like to try

more importantly, results need to be sustainable or else useless

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    said products? i'd like to try

more importantly, results need to be sustainable or else useless
    They are actually single ingredients. No plans for a product yet, just seeing what works and what doesn't.

I think what's more important than sustainability is reaching supraphysiological levels. Changes in body composition related to T seem to follow a biphasic model, with only T changes from:

1. Hypogonadism to normal T levels
    2. Normal T levels to supraphysiological T levels

Despite the fact that there are these "thresholds," improvements in body composition occur dose-dependently once the threshold has been passed.

moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10) moumenr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ZMA will not "increase" your testosterone, but rather "recover" the lost testosterone that was lost during exercise, sex, or other things that may decrease your testosterone momentarily...
    I don't workout to be fit...

I workout because I REFUSE to remain AVERAGE !!!
    I workout because I REFUSE to be just like everybody else !!!

Make it Happen !!!

whats normal? 350 is normal, so is 600...if we even take the middle ground, say 100% increase, what 350x2 vs 600x2 is very different...and i very much doubt any non-pharma can do 600x2

i regard sustainability as being of greater importance, without which any(if any) measurable improvement, especially physiological, would just be shortlived, once cycled off, you dip back, your euphoria vanishes, hence relegating these test boosting cycles as merely novel

supraphysiological levels? i'm skeptical and have reason to be so, but it would certainly be the holy grail and then, again, it would still need to be sustainable

whats normal? 350 is normal, so is 600...if we even take the middle ground, say 100% increase, what 350x2 vs 600x2 is very different...and i very much doubt any non-pharma can do 600x2

i regard sustainability as being of greater importance, without which any(if any) measurable improvement, especially physiological, would just be shortlived, once cycled off, you dip back, your euphoria vanishes, hence relegating these test boosting cycles as merely novel

supraphysiological levels? i'm skeptical and have reason to be so, but it would certainly be the holy grail and then, again, it would still need to be sustainable
    You really mis-interpreted my post. My post has absolutely nothing to do with natural testosterone boosters. I was stating what we know, presently, about the relationship between testosterone and body composition. That's it.

To your point about sustainability, it is fairly common knowledge that testosterone therapy in the supraphysiological range improves body composition. Hence the term "cycling." So "gains" are indeed sustainable even after the stimulus is removed, otherwise people wouldn't even juice. But enough on that topic, don't want no banhammer in this hiz

Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    You really mis-interpreted my post. My post has absolutely nothing to do with natural testosterone boosters. I was stating what we know, presently, about the relationship between testosterone and body composition. That's it.

To your point about sustainability, it is fairly common knowledge that testosterone therapy in the supraphysiological range improves body composition. Hence the term "cycling." So "gains" are indeed sustainable even after the stimulus is removed, otherwise people wouldn't even juice. But enough on that topic, don't want no banhammer in this hiz
    no banhammer, i was only talking about natural testboosters

aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) aaronuconn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you're going to go through the work of getting blood panels drawn, do it with proven testosterone boosters, like Erase Pro and BioForge.

Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    If you're going to go through the work of getting blood panels drawn, do it with proven testosterone boosters, like Erase Pro and BioForge.
    erm, my point is to test unproven test boosters.