Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    So you can put on 20-30lbs of muscle without gaining a single lb? Please share your secrets, do you reduce bone density and organ size to offset the extra weight? You have no idea what his LBM was to start with. He's just finished a cut, completely glycogen depleted, of course he's going to be light. I feel like I'm conversing with sloth from the goonies here.
    Listen I wont say anything after this post old thinking dies hard. Yes I mght gain a few pounds. But I wont be spending months on a cut.

Thats the important part. You can look basically your best the whole time. But im going to let the results speak from here on. When I hit 170 I will post the current pics and go from there.

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by whiteboyy09 View Post
    This guy is over 30% bodyfat and spouting nonsense, disregard
    I was over 30% am now 21.5. When I go single digits I suppose I will be taken a little more seriously.

Thats why I started now. But lets now see if I know my stuff have been there before. The challenge is to do it at 50 not 25.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sentinel3 View Post
    I was over 30% am now 21.5. When I go single digits I suppose I will be taken a little more seriously.

Thats why I started now. But lets now see if I know my stuff have been there before. The challenge is to do it at 50 not 25.
    don't worry, none of us will EVER take you seriously after all the BS you just spouted. you're an idiot. funniest part is you saying you 'won't spend months on a cut' when in fact you've been doing JUST THAT. you were over 30%, you're now low 20s, and you're planning on getting ripped, therefor you plan to lose fat (ahem, that's cutting whether or not you like to use the terms 'bulk/cut') for another period of time b/c you're sure as hell not gonna get ripped in a matter of days. and you also say you can gain 20-30 lbs without bulking? are you mental? are you not aware that in order to GAIN MASS you have to, wait for it....GAIN WEIGHT? (ie: bulk-that term you hate)

i'm normally not such a d*ck to people older than myself, but you come on the boards like you know more than everyone else when you're simply basing your information off what limited results you've experienced so far. CORRELATION =/= CAUSATION. i know you're 49 and all, but try to have an open mind and realize that maybe all us young whipper snappers actually know what the f*ck we're talking about.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuperManDan8 View Post
    I'm 5'9-182-10% bodyfat
    Bull$hit.

im going to prove it with monthly pics. It will be shown.
    Until then, bull$hit.

Listen to the people here who have already achieved far more than you. Those people just want to help, not turn a profit.
    ^^^^ This
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50) AllApologies will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    She won't be impressed, you're still a manlet, sorry bro.
    I can confirm...
    "Sorry, did I wake your dream? Some questions run too deep." - Avenged Sevenfold

Current stack: Suboxone - 1 mg a day, errday.

Days off ******** -- 21

Panthers|49ers|Benson Henderson|Hornets

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    don't worry, none of us will EVER take you seriously after all the BS you just spouted. you're an idiot. funniest part is you saying you 'won't spend months on a cut' when in fact you've been doing JUST THAT. you were over 30%, you're now low 20s, and you're planning on getting ripped, therefor you plan to lose fat (ahem, that's cutting whether or not you like to use the terms 'bulk/cut') for another period of time b/c you're sure as hell not gonna get ripped in a matter of days. and you also say you can gain 20-30 lbs without bulking? are you mental? are you not aware that in order to GAIN MASS you have to, wait for it....GAIN WEIGHT? (ie: bulk-that term you hate)

i'm normally not such a d*ck to people older than myself, but you come on the boards like you know more than everyone else when you're simply basing your information off what limited results you've experienced so far. CORRELATION =/= CAUSATION. i know you're 49 and all, but try to have an open mind and realize that maybe all us young whipper snappers actually know what the f*ck we're talking about.
    Lets get one thing straight im not on a cut. I havent trained properly since 2000. When I was at my best shape. I am simply shedding all that fat from 13 years of poor diet. Started July 12th at 223.5. And three months later stand at 192.5.

When I hit 170 the real business starts. And I will prove you can gain quality muscle from the bottom up. Without having to lose your abs. Nuff said.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lets get one thing straight im not on a cut. I havent trained properly since 2000. When I was at my best shape. I am simply shedding all that fat from 13 years of poor diet. Started July 12th at 223.5. And three months later stand at 192.5.

When I hit 170 the real business starts. And I will prove you can gain quality muscle from the bottom up. Without having to lose your abs. Nuff said.
    So your plan is to do nothing but undereat (no lifting) until your bodyweight is low and then start to train for hypertrophy and eat at a tight enough surplus that you gain muscle but very little fat? Let us know how that works out for you.
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

Originally Posted by DSUP View Post
    So your plan is to do nothing but undereat (no lifting) until your bodyweight is low and then start to train for hypertrophy and eat at a tight enough surplus that you gain muscle but very little fat? Let us know how that works out for you.
    No this is where you all have it wrong. I am training and training hard right now. And my arms were 16.25 when I was 223.5. They are now 16.5 at 192.5. And they will be bigger at 170.

Chest has gone up too. I wont be 170 with no muscle. I will simply have shed the majority of the fat around my middle. I will have a physique with the classic V Taper even at that weight. As Ive been blessed with naturally broad shoulders and narrow hips. And lats that grow easily.

So you think it cant be done. I know it can because ive done it already in the past. Maybe ive got great genetics for putting on muscle. Because I dont eat much compared to what I read on these forums. And I still grow. So maybe if youre a hard gainer you will be of the attitude its impossible. But 2014 is going to change a few minds. I promise you that.

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Who here ever said bulking meant losing your abs?
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperManDan8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So you can put on 20-30lbs of muscle without gaining a single lb? Please share your secrets, do you reduce bone density and organ size to offset the extra weight? You have no idea what his LBM was to start with. He's just finished a cut, completely glycogen depleted, of course he's going to be light. I feel like I'm conversing with sloth from the goonies here.

Well that escalated quickly. Soooooooo does anyone wanna help out good ol OP here. I'm going to stay keto with refeeds till I get to about 10 days from Halloween the follow a low fat low carb high protein only diet with one last refeed a day before the party. I feel like I burn the most fat on my refeed days
    "If you get better each day, every day will be the Best day of your Life"

"Slay the Dragon, Save the Princess"

"In order to get to Heaven, we must first go through Hell"

Who here ever said bulking meant losing your abs?
    You know what im talking about. If you didnt lose definition and get a bit smooth. There would no need to go to cutting phase. Maybe what I propose to do is only possible for fast gainers of which I must be one. We will see.

I personally decided to do this as a personal challenge. To see what my body can do at nearly 50 naturally. As ive heard it said you cant gain muscle the same at that age as you could in your twenties. And for health reasons. The doctor warned me I could get type 2 diabetes or develope heart desease if I carried on as I was.

My cholestrol was through the roof. its all getting alot better already. Ive got alot of work to do. But its already very satisfying to see my waist go from 43.5 inches to 37 in 12 weeks. The inspiration is back.
    Last edited by sentinel3; 10-13-2013 at 01:35 PM.

SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10) SolorzanoJose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Zero fat Carb Refeeds every 4 days to increase leptin levels.
    Yeah I'm sure that's the reason you refeed... kids can't commit to cutting

Location: london, surrey quays, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So just cut an cut and cut, there is no other way

Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Listen I wont say anything after this post old thinking dies hard.
    You sir, have failed.

Originally Posted by Bhigs23 View Post
    You sir, have failed.
    Failed how so? I havent started yet.

KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KevinO541 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and it continues lol

dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will have to find it. 120 is about perfect in a cutting phase. A normal man needs about 55 grams of protein a day. 120 at 175 is perfect. To maintain and even increase muscle mass.

Ive made gains NEVER EVER eating more than 120 grams of protein a day. And shifting fat stores at the same time.
    A "normal man" 55 grams per day? What is normal? What is the height and weight and activity level of this "normal man"?
    I work the Healthcare industry; but most of my coworkers aren't Healthy and they don't Care.
    "Veni Vidi Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered)

USAF (Ret)
    Fat (212lbs) to Fit (155lbs)

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dbwade View Post
    A "normal man" 55 grams per day? What is normal? What is the height and weight and activity level of this "normal man"?
    don't even start with that guy, it will just be a headache of a response. he apparently used to be in good shape back in the day, and now all b/c he's lost a good bit of weight over the past couple months he's come to the forums to revolutionize our perspectives of what can be achieved by a human being. i'm guessing he's the Prophecy.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

Originally Posted by sharpieblet View Post
    don't even start with that guy, it will just be a headache of a response. he apparently used to be in good shape back in the day, and now all b/c he's lost a good bit of weight over the past couple months he's come to the forums to revolutionize our perspectives of what can be achieved by a human being. i'm guessing he's the Prophecy.
    My talkings done. Anytime you go against the grain you will get this kind of response. I never said Im here to change anyone. Im here to show theres another way to get to the same destination. Less expensive and less time conssuming. And thats it.

I will leave it at that.

-----

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My talkings done. Anytime you go against the grain you will get this kind of response. I never said Im here to change anyone. Im here to show theres another way to get to the same destination. Less expensive and less time conssuming. And thats it.

I will leave it at that.

I think you should take a look at this: http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-...-bodybuilders/

Take Home Messages

• There is normally no advantage to consuming more than 0.82g/lb (1.8g/kg) of protein per day to preserve or build muscle. This already includes a very safe mark-up. There hasn’t been any recorded advantage of consuming more than 0.64g/lb. The only exceptions to this rule could be individuals with extraordinarily high anabolic hormone levels.
    • Optimal protein intake decreases with training age, because your body becomes more efficient at preventing protein breakdown resulting from training and less protein is needed for the increasingly smaller amount of muscle that is built after each training session. The magnitude of this effect is unclear.

It is not new information that for a while bodybuilders are consuming such high amounts of protein.
    However you need to base it off g/lb not just an amount set for everyone.

I think you should have a read around before giving out information.

baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by keithegan View Post
    Protein is used to protect the pancreas from alcohol and alcohol also gets stored as glycogen and is turned to fatty acids.

Just found this out yesterday. I drink too much, probably why I have trouble bulkin and cutting. Staysthesameweight/10.
    To add to this scientific explanation of alcohol stalling someone's ability to achieve their intended appearance, I thought I might chime in with some google scholar quotes.
    "Experimental evidence from several metabolic studies showed a suppression of lipid oxidation by alcohol and thus the enhancement of a positive fat balance. The nonoxidized fat is preferentially deposited in the abdominal area. The experimental metabolic evidence suggests that the consumption of moderate amounts of alcohol has to be accounted for in the energy-balance equation and may represent a risk factor for the development of a positive energy balance and thus weight gain." <--- In other words, our body naturally utilizes and disposes of fat, but alcohol counteracts that ability and oftentimes due to genetics that increase in deposited fat winds up in our stomachs preventing the muscles from showing through eventually. Though it should be noted that men who drink heavily are found to have significantly higher BMI's than light to moderate drinkers.

In other words, maybe you should think of beer the way I think of a delicious hot fudge lava cake. Its better left as a treat than a regular occurrence

Oh and to the kid(who I now feel bad for forgetting): Your abs are not gonna make or break the deal with this girl, try working on just being a good guy and treating her with respect while making your feelings clear. If she's not attracted to you yet, I promise the abs aren't gonna change that.

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I will leave it at that.
    It's best to run your mouth AFTER you have done the transformation!

Me and you are the same age last year I went from 215 lbs to 164 lbs in 6 months

40 inch waist to 30 inch same weight and size as I was at 19 years

I have a natural ability to put on muscle but I do not wish to go down that route again which I did in my early 20s

I prefer the physique look best of both worlds

Of course it can be done at our age and older

skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by baffledgenius View Post
    Oh and to the kid(who I now feel bad for forgetting): Your abs are not gonna make or break the deal with this girl, try working on just being a good guy and treating her with respect while making your feelings clear. If she's not attracted to you yet, I promise the abs aren't gonna change that.
    Outstanding advice from the fairer sex, even if she is a kid from Berkley. ;-) Recently I stepped into a tent to get out of the pouring rain and met the woman of my dreams. She is a goddess who must feel the same way, because she tells me how good I look. LOL, at anywhere from 22% to 26% body fat (depending on which calculation you like), I don't look good. If she likes you, abs, or lack thereof, won't be an issue.

skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50) skyjumper will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I will leave it at that.
    Are you the guy that was on about how awesome beetroot is?

In other words, our body naturally utilizes and disposes of fat, but alcohol counteracts that ability and oftentimes due to genetics that increase in deposited fat winds up in our stomachs preventing the muscles from showing through eventually. Though it should be noted that men who drink heavily are found to have significantly higher BMI's than light to moderate drinkers.
    Thanks for that, fairer sex Berkley kid! I pretty much knew this, but I go out with my friends about weekly and to be polite, have a Mich Ultra along with them. Okay, once a week, but I think I'll pass on it for the next few months. Diet soda will be polite enough.

baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000) baffledgenius is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
    Outstanding advice from the fairer sex, even if she is a kid from Berkley. ;-) Recently I stepped into a tent to get out of the pouring rain and met the woman of my dreams. She is a goddess who must feel the same way, because she tells me how good I look. LOL, at anywhere from 22% to 26% body fat (depending on which calculation you like), I don't look good. If she likes you, abs, or lack thereof, won't be an issue.
    So which aspect of Berkeley earns me the slight downgrade? :P (mind you, I went to school here, not raised here)

And see kid, this guy is proof that more often than not women will never look at you with the same critical eyes you see yourself with. A persons ability to show us compassion, ignite our intellect, and simply be willing to learn about the other, is what makes them enticing.

Thanks for that, fairer sex Berkley kid! I pretty much knew this, but I go out with my friends about weekly and to be polite, have a Mich Ultra along with them. Okay, once a week, but I think I'll pass on it for the next few months. Diet soda will be polite enough.
    My name is Sarah, pleased to meet you. Now stop calling me fairer sex Berkeley kid. I'm fine with kid, but really? fairer sex? It feels so exclusionary and old fashioned. And skip the diet soda too... the research is pretty new and I honestly don't understand the biochemical mechanisms behind it but it makes you gain weight too, just by a completely different mechanism. That whole sugary taste but without any off the consequences thing, it doesn't really happen in American products. Closest you get is Stevia, which is an entirely natural leaf that enhances and magnifies the sweet receptors on the tastebud without actually converting to fat and crap in your system.

So which aspect of Berkeley earns me the slight downgrade? :P (mind you, I went to school here, not raised here)
    That one! Yes I had assumed that ;-) And of course I didn't mean it seriously Sarah, I was just having a tinge of fun. If you were offended then I sincerely apologize. The fairer sex term was meant as a compliment, not a sexist slur. I'm Jim, and its a pleasure to meet you as well.

What you told the kid was right, often people see what they want to see and disregard the rest. That's not always a bad thing.

That one! Yes I had assumed that ;-) And of course I didn't mean it seriously Sarah, I was just having a tinge of fun. If you were offended then I sincerely apologize. The fairer sex term was meant as a compliment, not a sexist slur. I'm Jim, and its a pleasure to meet you as well.

What you told the kid was right, often people see what they want to see and disregard the rest. That's not always a bad thing.
    Don't worry, I was just teasing you too, I really don't care much what you call me because it was obviously in kindness. Nice to meet you Jim. Hmm, I kind of miss the attack on Sentinel3 now, it was amusing to watch