Thread: Deadlift form

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Deadlift form

I started deadlifts last week having never done them before. This forum has inspired me to add them in. So, last week I worked up to 235lbs after playing around with my form. Today I worked up to 305 which went up fairly easy, but I am still struggling to find my form. I have researched the exercise and watched videos, what i can't seem to grasp is driving up through my heels. I am having trouble getting that weight transfer going. Anybody have a pointer or two. I don't have a video (kinda feel like a dork filming myself in a busy gym haha)

skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnyguy39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    I started deadlifts last week having never done them before. This forum has inspired me to add them in. So, last week I worked up to 235lbs after playing around with my form. Today I worked up to 305 which went up fairly easy, but I am still struggling to find my form. I have researched the exercise and watched videos, what i can't seem to grasp is driving up through my heels. I am having trouble getting that weight transfer going. Anybody have a pointer or two. I don't have a video (kinda feel like a dork filming myself in a busy gym haha)
    Raynerd, I'm definitely not the expert on this forum, but am happy to share my experience with deadlifts. The sensation that I get while performing DL is that when pushing through the heels I can feel all the weight being transferred to the hams and butt. At the top of the lift I give a "small" thrust and squeeze the glutes. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but that's my experience. I'm looking forward to the responses from the experts as well.

lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lindylou664 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skinnyguy39 View Post
    Raynerd, I'm definitely not the expert on this forum, but am happy to share my experience with deadlifts. The sensation that I get while performing DL is that when pushing through the heels I can feel all the weight being transferred to the hams and butt. At the top of the lift I give a "small" thrust and squeeze the glutes. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but that's my experience. I'm looking forward to the responses from the experts as well.

^^^^ I too am awaiting responses from the experts.
    “Better to be strong than pretty and useless.”

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not an expert here. I've been doing dl's since January of this year, and I'm still struggling to find my form. I always forget to drive through my heels until I read it here again. Then I try to do that on my next workout, but then I forget again a couple of workouts later because I get distracted by trying in increase the weight. I don't know for sure, but I suspect most here except maybe those with many years of experience still struggle to find their form on deadlifts.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    Not an expert here. I've been doing dl's since January of this year, and I'm still struggling to find my form. I always forget to drive through my heels until I read it here again. Then I try to do that on my next workout, but then I forget again a couple of workouts later because I get distracted by trying in increase the weight. I don't know for sure, but I suspect most here except maybe those with many years of experience still struggle to find their form on deadlifts.
    Lol ya, not like I have logged any appreciable DL time yet either. Its a hard one to get a feel for so far.

Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clintw1976 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I concentrate more on keeping the bar as close to my shins and knees as possible. This is what keeps my back a lot straighter at times.

As I'm now close to doing 400 lb I only look at doing 2 working sets of 1-3 reps.
    Trying to add muscle! BULK I think the term is....................SLOWLY!

Current 1RM

Dead 400
    Bench 242
    Squat 315

Originally Posted by Clintw1976 View Post
    I concentrate more on keeping the bar as close to my shins and knees as possible. This is what keeps my back a lot straighter at times.

As I'm now close to doing 400 lb I only look at doing 2 working sets of 1-3 reps.
    I have been doing that, starting with the bar in the middle of my feet, pretty much scraping my shins on the way up. I have long legs compared to my upper torso, not sure if I should be adjusting due to this or not. Thanks though! Much appreciated.

aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Theres a lot to thing about. As far as focusing on your heels it has a lot to do with setup. I set up so that in the bottom position I would fall backwars if I let go of the bar.

Here are some more pointers that helped me a lot.

• To figure out the best stance for your deadlift, pretend you’re about to perform a vertical jump. Get your feet and body into position. Now, look down and move your feet in slightly. This is your starting position. This varies from lifter to lifter, but I’ve found this to be an optimal starting point.
    • Your toes should be pointed slightly outward.
    • Don’t deadlift with your weight on the balls of your feet. This is an injury waiting to happen. Your weight should be on the middle of your foot or toward the rear.
    • Start with the bar just in front of your shins, but not touching them. Once you reach down and grab the bar, your shins will meet it.
    • Your upper back should be pulled together with your shoulders over the bar.
    • Your lower back should be arched or held static in whatever position you’re in. I don’t deadlift with a perfectly arched back, but it’s not rounded either, and it won’t round during the lift.
    • Your hands should be placed just outside your feet – wide enough to allow you to get your hips through at the top of the lift. You’ll have to experiment with this.
    • Most people deadlift with a mixed grip. One hand is supinated (like you’re doing curls), and the other is pronated (palm facing toward you). Using a double overhand grip (both hands pronated) is fine, but using straps is not. Choosing which hand to supinate is a matter of personal preference.
    • Before lifting the bar, fill your diaphragm (not your chest) with air.
    • Begin the ascent by easing pressure into the bar. Do not jerk the bar off the ground. This is how you tear a bicep or hurt your back. The best way to do this is to squeeze the bar hard with your hands and squeeze your butt.
    • I try to keep my eyes focused on a point on the ground about 15 feet in front of me.
    • Before the bar is lifted, I always think, “Butt down, chest up.”
    • The first movement of the deadlift should be initiated with the legs, not the back. This is why it’s imperative to have strong quads to deadlift.
    • Once the bar begins moving up your shins, start pulling back and onto your heels. Don’t let the bar come out in front of you. Keep it close to your body at all times. It should touch your thighs on the way up.
    • Once the bar passes your knees, push your hips through to complete the lift. At this point you should be standing erect (not back), and your knees should be locked.
    • You can either lower the bar slowly to the starting position or drop it. This depends on how quickly you want to get yourself kicked out of a public gym.
    • There are two options for doing multiple reps with the deadlift. You can either touch-and-go the reps (slight bounce off the floor), or you can do dead stop deadlifts. For these, you’ll reset for each rep. I’ve done both, and both work. The downside to touch-and-go isthat when you build up momentum, you can bounce too hard and lose your tightness. If you’re strong enough to hold your position and you have the control to do it, this option will work for you. The dead stop option is good for most people, but make sure you reset perfectly each time. The beginning portion of the lift is where most back injuries will occur. In this regard, the touch-and-go style is a little safer.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

No video folks ====================>>>>>
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post
    Theres a lot to thing about. As far as focusing on your heels it has a lot to do with setup. I set up so that in the bottom position I would fall backwars if I let go of the bar.

• To figure out the best stance for your deadlift, pretend you’re about to perform a vertical jump. Get your feet and body into position. Now, look down and move your feet in slightly. This is your starting position. This varies from lifter to lifter, but I’ve found this to be an optimal starting point.
    • Don’t deadlift with your weight on the balls of your feet. This is an injury waiting to happen. Your weight should be on the middle of your foot or toward the rear.
    • Start with the bar just in front of your shins, but not touching them. Once you reach down and grab the bar, your shins will meet it.
    • Your lower back should be arched or held static in whatever position you’re in. I don’t deadlift with a perfectly arched back, but it’s not rounded either, and it won’t round during the lift.
    • Your hands should be placed just outside your feet – wide enough to allow you to get your hips through at the top of the lift. You’ll have to experiment with this.
    • Most people deadlift with a mixed grip. One hand is supinated (like you’re doing curls), and the other is pronated (palm facing toward you). Using a double overhand grip (both hands pronated) is fine, but using straps is not. Choosing which hand to supinate is a matter of personal preference.
    • Begin the ascent by easing pressure into the bar. Do not jerk the bar off the ground. This is how you tear a bicep or hurt your back. The best way to do this is to squeeze the bar hard with your hands and squeeze your butt.
    • I try to keep my eyes focused on a point on the ground about 15 feet in front of me.
    • The first movement of the deadlift should be initiated with the legs, not the back. This is why it’s imperative to have strong quads to deadlift.
    • Once the bar begins moving up your shins, start pulling back and onto your heels. Don’t let the bar come out in front of you. Keep it close to your body at all times. It should touch your thighs on the way up.
    • Once the bar passes your knees, push your hips through to complete the lift. At this point you should be standing erect (not back), and your knees should be locked.
    • You can either lower the bar slowly to the starting position or drop it. This depends on how quickly you want to get yourself kicked out of a public gym.
    • There are two options for doing multiple reps with the deadlift. You can either touch-and-go the reps (slight bounce off the floor), or you can do dead stop deadlifts. For these, you’ll reset for each rep. I’ve done both, and both work. The downside to touch-and-go isthat when you build up momentum, you can bounce too hard and lose your tightness. If you’re strong enough to hold your position and you have the control to do it, this option will work for you. The dead stop option is good for most people, but make sure you reset perfectly each time. The beginning portion of the lift is where most back injuries will occur. In this regard, the touch-and-go style is a little safer.
    Lots to think about indeed! Thank you so much, I imagine this lift is going to be like working on my golf swing... Eye on the ball, line up my feet, don't kill the ball.., then somehow put it all together. Obviously going to take a lot of practice. I will be referring to this post every Deadlift day! Fantastic, u are a gentleman and a scholar!

peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A little cue that helps me is lifting my toes. Keeps my weight back on the heels.
    Rolling with the punches.

derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) derpee222 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Post a video. It's silly talking about your shortcomings in the abstract.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    • Most people deadlift with a mixed grip.(snip). Using a double overhand grip (both hands pronated) is fine, but using straps is not.
    When the deadlift is an event in strongman competitions, typically straps are allowed. If they're allowed that means you better use them or you'll lose.

There's nothing about straps that significantly changes the movement. Mixed grip has the issue of being an injury risk.

I'm a big fan of deadlifting double overhand without straps for deadlifting barbells in training, but straps have their place as well.

"Touch-and-go" is a little safer???? NO, NO there is no way it's safer, especially for a beginner deadlifter who is still figuring out form/technique. As with the grip issue, I'd never say never touch and go, there are times when you should, like if it's allowed in a strongman show, but I'd definitely not foul myself and think it's safer that way.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Fellow Kennesaw brah!

Which gym do you lift at? I live off pine mountain road. Nice seeing local folks on here.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Curl your toes....seriously.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post

"Touch-and-go" is a little safer???? NO, NO there is no way it's safer, especially for a beginner deadlifter who is still figuring out form/technique. As with the grip issue, I'd never say never touch and go, there are times when you should, like if it's allowed in a strongman show, but I'd definitely not foul myself and think it's safer that way.
    Aren't strongman comps using tyres?Touch and go would be a lot more feasible considering the bounce of the actual tyres themselves,as well as a greater height for the liftoff.In a powerlifting meet,there is only one pull,so the point is irrelevant,but for the average trainer in a gym,or at home,why would it be so unsafe?

Some people reset at the bottom,some use the touch and go,but you are the first I have heard say it is unsafe.

Why?And I am being serious here.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    Aren't strongman comps using tyres?Touch and go would be a lot more feasible considering the bounce of the actual tyres themselves,as well as a greater height for the liftoff.In a powerlifting meet,there is only one pull,so the point is irrelevant,but for the average trainer in a gym,or at home,why would it be so unsafe?

Some people reset at the bottom,some use the touch and go,but you are the first I have heard say it is unsafe.

Why?And I am being serious here.
    A few others have said that as well. For me the inertia of the bounce gets me off balance and I start leaning forward which leads to rounding. I don't take my hands off the bar every time, but I do try to resettle my hips down.

Maybe different for others.

aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aj0538 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Fellow Kennesaw brah!

Which gym do you lift at? I live off pine mountain road. Nice seeing local folks on here.
    LA Fitness on wade green and occasionally the one on Barrett. I used to live off Mack Dobbs but I'm up off Wade Green Rd now.
    Last edited by aj0538; 10-12-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A few others have said that as well. For me the inertia of the bounce gets me off balance and I start leaning forward which leads to rounding. I don't take my hands off the bar every time, but I do try to resettle my hips down.

I don't bounce my touch and go's at all. I just don't do a full reset in between reps like I do when I go for doubles and triples. I should have elaborated I guess. Bouncing for the sake of momentum is definitely not good. It's like bouncing the bar off your chest when benching.

If you ask 5 people you're always going to get 5 different opinions. I always train without straps but I'm only pulling in the low 500 range. My lockout is where I need work. My grip is still strong.
    Last edited by aj0538; 10-12-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I've seen people reset on vids,and then I remember a guy here a few months back in one of the vid comps doing 10reps touch and go for a big weight,(I can't remember the weigh or who he was) and he just powered through no problem.Awesome to watch though.

I was thinking that if a lifter trained right from the start,repping touch and go with good form, then why would it be considered dangerous as opposed to someone doing the same but resetting?

I've seen people reset on vids,and then I remember a guy here a few months back in one of the vid comps doing 10reps touch and go for a big weight,(I can't remember the weigh or who he was) and he just powered through no problem.Awesome to watch though.

I was thinking that if a lifter trained right from the start,repping touch and go with good form, then why would it be considered dangerous as opposed to someone doing the same but resetting?
    I think that's the point, if you can keep good form then it doesn't matter. Hardandheavy does perfect touch and go, some other, like me, not so much lol.

LA Fitness on wade green and occasionally the one on Barrett. I used to live off Mack Dobbs but I'm up off Wade Green Rd now.
    Very cool. We should lift together some time. BTW, I love mazzys down the street from you.

Very cool. We should lift together some time. BTW, I love mazzys down the street from you.
    Mazzy's is awesome. PM me some time and we'll lift. I'm screwed time wise until at least Tuesday of next week.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ray: I am the lone voice crying out in the wilderness on this topic: I have NO problem driving up from the heels and slightly backwards, through the hips, because I use a HEXAGONAL BAR....end of story....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Thanks everyone, scored some great pointers for a man with no video! Haha

That's impressive. He was going a little faster then how I do it at the bottom but he's definitely not bouncing. His form stays just about perfect throughout that set.

Plus no straps and mixed grip.
    ***Georgia Crew***
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anybody have a pointer or two. I don't have a video (kinda feel like a dork filming myself in a busy gym haha)
    Just get a video done, mate. I'm lifting phuck all at the moment compared to everyone else in the gym, but I still make videos to check form and stuff. Or if you're that 'stage-shy', get it done when there's not many people there - all gyms have quiet periods surely?
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you think your touch and go form is "good" then go for it. I rarely ( very rarely ) see anybody doing touch and go with "good form" ( form invariably breaks down with a slow eccentric decent, and without a slow decent touch and go turns into bounce and go and that's hard on the lower back. )
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here's how I do my high rep sets. I don't completely reset after each rep, but I make sure the bar is still for a moment before I pull again.

I'm back to doing heavy singles now where I completely reset and rest before each rep. Doing heavy multiple singles has really helped my technique.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1107206533

Link to a high rep set in the OV35 Deadlift comp^^^^^^^
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533