Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Pics look solid.

Mirin them delts

As far as prep goes, like stated above, it's a far more mental game than a physical one. All of us can lift and eat, but it takes some grit and tenacity to make it through the days of not feeling good enough, feeling too far behind, or just overall wanting to give up.

Stick in it! You got this.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Pics look solid.

Mirin them delts

As far as prep goes, like stated above, it's a far more mental game than a physical one. All of us can lift and eat, but it takes some grit and tenacity to make it through the days of not feeling good enough, feeling too far behind, or just overall wanting to give up.

Stick in it! You got this.
    Thanks so much!

The same to the rest of you, for your encouraging words! I did slow it down a bit during my workouts. Feeling better about form and I feel my muscles fatiguing without feeling like I'm hurting myself. Was doing deadlifts at 130 today and got through about 7 reps before I could feel my back giving, so I just stopped. I know I am getting stronger, I think it's just taking me longer than I (or my coach) would like. I'll post my workout from today and give a little more insight when I get a second.

But again, thank you gentlemen for reading this and having my back. I know I'm not the only way who feels this way and I have to remember it doesn't mean I'm weaker than anyone else - everyone goes through it. We all have our days! I need to remember the positives daily.

klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

So I'm up on almost all my weights, got to be happy about that. And usually with my pull-ups I do one set regular than the next two assisted but this morning I opted to do as many "real" pull-ups as I could on the second two sets and we pretty happy with the results. The two exercises I seem to be struggling with the most are deadlift, incline bench, and seated row. I'm making little to no progress and it's getting a little frustrating.

What is also frustrating is the fact that, while I can feel and see the rest of my legs getting leaner and stronger, I can't see any change at all in my inner thighs and they are STILL TOUCHING. After 8 MONTHS of hardcore workouts they are STILL TOUCHING. I will not step on stage with two hamburger buns between my legs (that sounds bad, but you know what I mean).

I am loving my HIIT/core days. I have taken a liking to the stairmill. I get such a good sweat going even in just a few minutes, and it's fun to push myself and see how long I can take the burn. I've been consistently upping my levels and going to my max of 20 minutes each time. My core workout has many been Ashley Conrad's Clutch Cut core workout - if you haven't yet, check it out.

On another note, my boyfriend has done a complete 180 in the span of a week. Now that he's back in the gym he is so much more happy and active and supportive of what I'm doing. He's eating healthier and we're discussing workouts instead of me always trying to avoid the conversation because I know he doesn't want me to get "buff". I think he is now seeing for himself what I have been feeling the past 8 months - that pure happiness from taking care of yourself and knowing you are working toward being the best you you can be. It's pretty exciting and it's helping our personal relationship immensely, which is making me want to train even harder!

2 more weeks of this "baby bulk" phase, then the real work begins... I know I'm getting stronger and I need to build this new base, but I'm craving something new. Good thing my coach is pretty in tune with me and threw in a bonus workout this week (funny, that I'm actually excited about that; mostly because that means I get to axe a no-carb day!!!).

I'm feeling good today. X that. I'm feeling GREAT today. I hope the rest of you are having a blessed day as well!

Stay happy, stay healthy!!

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    135 on squat is strong!

As far as the "bulk" and looking bulky.. There are a ton of girls who lift and do not look like "bodybuilders".. Ppl really misunderstand.. You'd have to be in a caloric surplus for quite some time to start "looking bulky" so it kinda makes me just shake my head when I hear "I don't want to look like a man or put on muscle"

Also, the thighs.. Can't spot reduce and your body chooses where it will lose the fat so just keep at it and you'll get there!

And lastly, the relationship stuff with contest prepping.. I can personally attest to the experience of that. I found that I needed to find a happy medium.

All in all, I'm glad you guys are finding a good balance!

Anyhoo, keep on staying positive!

We got yo back!

Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Egomanius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't worry about your inner thighs because you really can't control that for 2 reasons,

1 like IK said, your body will only lose fat where it wants to first, no control
    2 genetics, again no control here, some females have a more prominent gap, some don't, however reducing bodyfat will ultimately reduce the area b/w your inner thighs

HIIT on the stairs is by far my favorite next to wingates/bike sprints. I haven't ever done more than 20 mins of cardio at a time this entire prep, unfortunately got lazy about a month ago and turned stair HIIT into MISS lol.

Glad to hear spirits are high though for you and your bf, Keep grinding!
    Free Shkreli

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    135 on squat is strong!

As far as the "bulk" and looking bulky.. There are a ton of girls who lift and do not look like "bodybuilders".. Ppl really misunderstand.. You'd have to be in a caloric surplus for quite some time to start "looking bulky" so it kinda makes me just shake my head when I hear "I don't want to look like a man or put on muscle"

Also, the thighs.. Can't spot reduce and your body chooses where it will lose the fat so just keep at it and you'll get there!

And lastly, the relationship stuff with contest prepping.. I can personally attest to the experience of that. I found that I needed to find a happy medium.

All in all, I'm glad you guys are finding a good balance!

Anyhoo, keep on staying positive!

We got yo back!
    Thank you!!! I don't think I look bulky, but it's funny you say that because just the other day a woman in the locker room told me I looked like a "bodybuilder" and I thought - you have no idea what a bodybuilder is. I briefly tried to explaint he difference between bodybuilding and figure competing but realized it was a lost cause, haha. I've read about how tough contest prep can be on relationships. You have your relationship with God, then your relationship with your spouse, then your relationship with the gym, then your relationship with work.. etc... Definitely a balancing act that I am still working on. I feel as if I never slow down. Hoping a rhythm of sorts will start to emerge and I can feel less like I am cheating other aspects of my life.

Don't worry about your inner thighs because you really can't control that for 2 reasons,

1 like IK said, your body will only lose fat where it wants to first, no control
    2 genetics, again no control here, some females have a more prominent gap, some don't, however reducing bodyfat will ultimately reduce the area b/w your inner thighs

HIIT on the stairs is by far my favorite next to wingates/bike sprints. I haven't ever done more than 20 mins of cardio at a time this entire prep, unfortunately got lazy about a month ago and turned stair HIIT into MISS lol.

Glad to hear spirits are high though for you and your bf, Keep grinding!
    Things are looking up I think! I know it's going to get tougher before it gets easier though! But, we are what we repeatedly do. So I'm banking on my healthy habits turning into a lifestyle that I can sustain for a very long time.

As far as my thighs... Have you ever seen someone place high in a competition with flabby thighs? I know I can't control it, but I feel like there has to be SOMETHING I can do! Every time I eat something I shouldn't, I picture it going STRAIGHT to my inner thighs. That has helped! I just can't resign myself to the "genetics" thing knowing that it will ruin me on the stage.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by klhowell2 View Post
    Thank you!!! I don't think I look bulky, but it's funny you say that because just the other day a woman in the locker room told me I looked like a "bodybuilder" and I thought - you have no idea what a bodybuilder is. I briefly tried to explaint he difference between bodybuilding and figure competing but realized it was a lost cause, haha. I've read about how tough contest prep can be on relationships. You have your relationship with God, then your relationship with your spouse, then your relationship with the gym, then your relationship with work.. etc... Definitely a balancing act that I am still working on. I feel as if I never slow down. Hoping a rhythm of sorts will start to emerge and I can feel less like I am cheating other aspects of my life.

Things are looking up I think! I know it's going to get tougher before it gets easier though! But, we are what we repeatedly do. So I'm banking on my healthy habits turning into a lifestyle that I can sustain for a very long time.

As far as my thighs... Have you ever seen someone place high in a competition with flabby thighs? I know I can't control it, but I feel like there has to be SOMETHING I can do! Every time I eat something I shouldn't, I picture it going STRAIGHT to my inner thighs. That has helped! I just can't resign myself to the "genetics" thing knowing that it will ruin me on the stage.
    Prep is definitely tough on relationships, but if you work at it, you can keep them all in balance.

My son was only 2 when I competed back in June 2012 and I found it helped my wife out by taking him with me in his stroller when I went running. Wasn't ideal for me, but found a way to make the rigors of doing cardio helpful for everyone.

I would also still go out to eat with friends and family almost every week or two and just bring my own boiled chicken breast to dump onto a plain house salad.

The key is to make your contest prep as "normal" as it can be for everyone around you while still getting done what you need to.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Prep is definitely tough on relationships, but if you work at it, you can keep them all in balance.

My son was only 2 when I competed back in June 2012 and I found it helped my wife out by taking him with me in his stroller when I went running. Wasn't ideal for me, but found a way to make the rigors of doing cardio helpful for everyone.

I would also still go out to eat with friends and family almost every week or two and just bring my own boiled chicken breast to dump onto a plain house salad.

The key is to make your contest prep as "normal" as it can be for everyone around you while still getting done what you need to.
    Thanks bro! I will keep those things in mind. I'm very lucky I don't really have a lot of obligations aside from church and work. No kids - I guess is what I meant. I applaud you and ANY parent who can get to them gym regularly, let alone contest prep! My sis has 3 little ones and I'm exhausted after just a few hours with them! lol

restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice work in here Keep at it!

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    This.

Brb.. while I try to get to this level lol!

Originally Posted by restlessmama View Post
    Nice work in here Keep at it!
    Finally! Some more estrogen in here!

This.

Brb.. while I try to get to this level lol!
    I know, right?

So it was a very rough weekend... Lost my coach, not going to go into detail about that. Then woke up this morning and my tummy just did not feel right. I'm trying to eat, but nothing is appetizing and everything just makes me even more nauseous. Not a good monday... Didn't go to the gym this morning so I need to go after work, but I am already feeling drained and I can tell it's going to be one of those workouts I just hate myself for.

Ugh.... Why, Monday... Why....

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So it was a very rough weekend... Lost my coach, not going to go into detail about that. Then woke up this morning and my tummy just did not feel right. I'm trying to eat, but nothing is appetizing and everything just makes me even more nauseous. Not a good monday... Didn't go to the gym this morning so I need to go after work, but I am already feeling drained and I can tell it's going to be one of those workouts I just hate myself for.

Ugh.... Why, Monday... Why....
    Adapt and overcome!!!

Head up.
    Knees up.
    Feet forward.

Some days, just making it to bed at the end of the day is a success.

All these feels...I know them.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Adapt and overcome!!!

Head up.
    Knees up.
    Feet forward.

Indeed! Every has their fair share of "****" days when prepping. All you can do is take a deep breath and do what needs done, knowing that tomorrow is another day and another opportunity for awesomeness

restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) restlessmama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    remember your brain is a powerful tool. Try to change your thoughts right now towards what your day is going to be like.

When I am working a hard set as soon as I say in my head "ugh getting tired" finishing that set is pretty well off the table.

Use power words like GO, Get it, you got this!

Feel better!

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Adapt and overcome!!!

Head up.
    Knees up.
    Feet forward.

^^^ This. We all have those kind of days. This is what makes something like this special or anything in life special. The adversities that you overcome. You can do it, just control what you can control.
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. It really means a lot. I know you have all had struggles, probably most more significant than mine. But it is still nice to know I'm not alone in this.

I didn't eat much today so I decided that going to the gym would be pretty counterproductive. My stomach finally started to feel better around 2 o'clock so I got a good dinner in me tonight and I'll be hitting the hay early so I can be at the gym bright and early. I'm feeling better. I know I need to just move on - the past is the past. Praying for some more motivation by morning.

So I am 23 weeks out... Any thoughts as to when I should begin leaning out? I'm thinking of starting this program next: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/laur...g-program.html or
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/grow...pplements.html

I'm pretty sure if I am in the gym and working hard that I'm going to continue to build muscle and shed fat, even though this program is pegged as a "leaning" plan. I know my muscles still need to get a bit bigger, especially my legs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    Last edited by klhowell2; 11-19-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rypt1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I am 23 weeks out... Any thoughts as to when I should begin leaning out? I'm thinking of starting this program next: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/laur...g-program.html

I'm pretty sure if I am in the gym and working hard that I'm going to continue to build muscle and shed fat, even though this program is pegged as a "leaning" plan. I know my muscles still need to get a bit bigger, especially my legs.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
    My first prep, I started at 16 weeks out. I lost an average of 2.4lbs per week. In my second prep, I started at 23 weeks out and lost about 1.6lb per week. This last time, I started at 30 weeks out and lost right about 1lb per week. I definitely like a longer prep because:

1. If done properly, I should hold onto muscle better. I can drop weight more slowly. The only issue is that I need to incorporate refeeds properly so that I don't tank my metabolism with such a long cut.

2. For me, a long cut/leaning out almost doesn't feel like a diet until very late in prep. I don't have to have any drastic drops in calories.

For you, you have to think about how much you expect to drop, ballpark it. Figure out how many weeks you need to drop X lbs per week and then add in some extra weeks so that you could be ready early.
    My 2014 off-season and prep: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229683

Prep is a piece of cake. Why? I got kids, four of 'em, nothing harder than that.

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    My first prep, I started at 16 weeks out. I lost an average of 2.4lbs per week. In my second prep, I started at 23 weeks out and lost about 1.6lb per week. This last time, I started at 30 weeks out and lost right about 1lb per week. I definitely like a longer prep because:

1. If done properly, I should hold onto muscle better. I can drop weight more slowly. The only issue is that I need to incorporate refeeds properly so that I don't tank my metabolism with such a long cut.

2. For me, a long cut/leaning out almost doesn't feel like a diet until very late in prep. I don't have to have any drastic drops in calories.

For you, you have to think about how much you expect to drop, ballpark it. Figure out how many weeks you need to drop X lbs per week and then add in some extra weeks so that you could be ready early.
    Thanks for the insight. And I'm definitely with you on having a longer prep. I'd rather be ready early and maintain then be dropping calories and feeling like crap at the end. I started 28 weeks out and I've lost about 4lbs, not intentionally. I was supposed be "bulking" these first five weeks but I don't think that's gone very well, lol. The problem is, I don't think I need to lose much weight. I'd rather just replace my fat with muscle, which would actually make me weigh more, correct? My goal was to be at 105 for competition and since I'm already there... I guess I am just unsure if that is a good weight or not. Maybe some more research is in order. I just think if I lose much more weight, I'm going to look stringy-skinny instead of full and muscular.

Thanks for the insight. And I'm definitely with you on having a longer prep. I'd rather be ready early and maintain then be dropping calories and feeling like crap at the end. I started 28 weeks out and I've lost about 4lbs, not intentionally. I was supposed be "bulking" these first five weeks but I don't think that's gone very well, lol. The problem is, I don't think I need to lose much weight. I'd rather just replace my fat with muscle, which would actually make me weigh more, correct? My goal was to be at 105 for competition and since I'm already there... I guess I am just unsure if that is a good weight or not. Maybe some more research is in order. I just think if I lose much more weight, I'm going to look stringy-skinny instead of full and muscular.
    Typically, if you feel you are too lean, chances are you can still drop more weight. I think as long as you don't drop carbs too much for too long, you shouldn't have that stringy look. Also, don't worry about setting a weight goal for the contest. I remember in my first contest, I figured I'd weigh in the mid 180's. Well, I ended up at around 170lb. If you get ready early enough, you can eat into a show and slowly increase calories and increase your muscle fullness.

In terms of bulking over 5 weeks, it really doesn't work that way. Muscle growth, for naturals, is a slow, slow process. A few weeks isn't really enough time to bulk. Also, during a cut, if is pretty much impossible to drop fat AND put on muscle. You'll want to efficiently hold onto what muscle you have (a slow cut) while dropping fat. Only newbies can put on some muscle while dropping fat. If you are an experienced lifter, won't happen.

Do you have anyone at your gym who has done a figure show that might be able to give you a critique of where they think you are at?

Originally Posted by Rypt1 View Post
    Typically, if you feel you are too lean, chances are you can still drop more weight. I think as long as you don't drop carbs too much for too long, you shouldn't have that stringy look. Also, don't worry about setting a weight goal for the contest. I remember in my first contest, I figured I'd weigh in the mid 180's. Well, I ended up at around 170lb. If you get ready early enough, you can eat into a show and slowly increase calories and increase your muscle fullness.

In terms of bulking over 5 weeks, it really doesn't work that way. Muscle growth, for naturals, is a slow, slow process. A few weeks isn't really enough time to bulk. Also, during a cut, if is pretty much impossible to drop fat AND put on muscle. You'll want to efficiently hold onto what muscle you have (a slow cut) while dropping fat. Only newbies can put on some muscle while dropping fat. If you are an experienced lifter, won't happen.

Do you have anyone at your gym who has done a figure show that might be able to give you a critique of where they think you are at?
    Not that I know of - however I will start my first personal training job in Decemeber at the YMCA. I've started to build a relationship with the director there who seems to know his stuff, though not specifics about competing. I'm hoping maybe he will be willing to give me some overall advice and direction. I've also made another contact who is a figure competitor and we're going for coffee soon to discuss competing so I will definitely be asking her opinions on many topics at that time.

I'm not sure if and how female training differs from guys but I always thought just incorporating all the big compound lifts would work.

All in all, as long as you can find a program that you like, it will be much easier to stick to it.

Anyhoo, we're all here for you for support!

Keep training hard.

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    I'm not sure if and how female training differs from guys but I always thought just incorporating all the big compound lifts would work.

All in all, as long as you can find a program that you like, it will be much easier to stick to it.

Anyhoo, we're all here for you for support!

Keep training hard.
    I did Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer during the COR Challenge and had awesome results. However, I am seeing some good changes with this new routine (doing mainly compound lifts) I am on too, but I don't think it will be as affective when I am ready to start toning... But, who knows! I'm almost afraid to change what I know works - but I guess one thing I have on my side is time.

My gf and I did Jamie Easton's live fit trainer too.. It was actually a little too much volume/reps for me.. Found myself gassed half way through the work outs lol. We got through like 10 weeks of it. Ended up switching back up to bodybuilding routines lol.

What about Kris Gethin's DTP? COMPLETELY different than anything I've ever tried.

What about Kris Gethin's DTP? COMPLETELY different than anything I've ever tried.
    Never tried it but it looks painful. I have tried 50 reps on leg extensions/curls and after 1 set if the lowest weight.. It was brutally painful lol

155 days...

155 days til showtime. I'm starting to FREAK OUT.

Today was a weird day. Did ok diet wise, but since I changed up my gym schedule this week, I'm feeling just a bit off. I ate ok, not as good as I have been. I know I'm not eating enough in general but I am taking in way too much carbs. The whether is getting cold here and now it's dark at about 5pm, both of which have been detrimental to me in the past. I am determined this year to not let the my SADD get the better of me. I need to pick up some melatonin and Vitamin D to give me a little extra boost.

I have decided after another week of my current program I am going to start Kris Gethin's DTP. I have never tried anything like it before and I am looking forward to it. I think this short program will allow me to put on some more muscle before I start leaning out for the remaining weeks until my competition. I know my body is changing, I can see and feel that. I just need to get my mind right and stay focused.

I finally got confirmation that AFPA doesn't have a heel restriction so I need to order my shoes asap. As soon as I get those in I'm going to contact a gym here in town that has a few girls with competition history who give posing lessons. I haven't practiced my posing in awhile and I'm a bit worried about that!

Feels like progress is slow right now... very, very slow... And I am a seriously impatient person - something God is still working on with me.

I hope everyone is having a blessed week and congratulations to those who made the semi-finals for the BB.com Spokesmodel Contest. I'll be coming after you next year!!!