Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training for Union?

Ok so I joined a club an my only job is bridging because I'm a forward with strong legs that can't catch. You need ridiculously strong legs to hold up the other forwards trying to break through (all about 100-120 kg, fatty not buff) and a very strong back, you don't really need to focus on arms and chest much at all.
    The thing is you also need great stamina and speed to keep up with the wings all game long.

I basically want a training regime that can get me bigger but also keep me light on my toes, cheers in advance.

Ps i know I'm tiny but like i said I'm very good at bridging.

Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grinese24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What the hell is bridging in rugby?

EDIT: ah you mean cleaning out

healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If I had to guess, it must be a combination of weight lifting and HIIT. If you have played soccer and gone to trainings with a semi formal team like at school, it's all about HIIT.
    Run around the small cones track with the ball, then slide tackle, get up and run as fast a possible. Rest and go join the queue again. It's a HIIT specifically geared to develop both technique and muscle endurance.
    At least that's what I imagine. I asked a soccer player on herewho was an U17 player,and he gave me this routine when I asked him how I could train to obtain more speed and strength with the ball:
    On a treadmill/elyptical/field: Week 1-2: 90 minutes at full speed (on), 90 minutes walk (off). Repeat 4 times.
    Week 3-4: 60 minutes on, 60 minutes off. 5 reps.
    Week 5-6: 45 on, 30 off. 6 reps.
    Week 7-8: 30 on, 20 off. 7 reps.
    Week 9-10: 20 on, 10 off. 8 reps.
    Week 11-12: 20 on, 10 off. 10 reps.
    I think this is how he trains and the last workouts definitely simulate how you would play a soccer game, where you 'stop and go' a lot.
    Originally Posted by Teengainer14 View Post
    Ok so I joined a club an my only job is bridging because I'm a forward with strong legs that can't catch. You need ridiculously strong legs to hold up the other forwards trying to break through (all about 100-120 kg, fatty not buff) and a very strong back, you don't really need to focus on arms and chest much at all.
    The thing is you also need great stamina and speed to keep up with the wings all game long.

I basically want a training regime that can get me bigger but also keep me light on my toes, cheers in advance.

Ps i know I'm tiny but like i said I'm very good at bridging.
    I am Nitish - a fitness enthusiast and a big Gym freak. I am correctly writing fitness and bodybuilding tips for WorkoutTrends.com - the health and fitness magazine.

Favorite Quotes:
    "Do not ignore your weakest muscle groups coz' you're only as strong as your weakest link.”
    "Train insane or remain the same!!"

Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Teengainer14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by healthse View Post
    If I had to guess, it must be a combination of weight lifting and HIIT. If you have played soccer and gone to trainings with a semi formal team like at school, it's all about HIIT.
    Run around the small cones track with the ball, then slide tackle, get up and run as fast a possible. Rest and go join the queue again. It's a HIIT specifically geared to develop both technique and muscle endurance.
    At least that's what I imagine. I asked a soccer player on herewho was an U17 player,and he gave me this routine when I asked him how I could train to obtain more speed and strength with the ball:
    On a treadmill/elyptical/field: Week 1-2: 90 minutes at full speed (on), 90 minutes walk (off). Repeat 4 times.
    Week 3-4: 60 minutes on, 60 minutes off. 5 reps.
    Week 5-6: 45 on, 30 off. 6 reps.
    Week 7-8: 30 on, 20 off. 7 reps.
    Week 9-10: 20 on, 10 off. 8 reps.
    Week 11-12: 20 on, 10 off. 10 reps.
    I think this is how he trains and the last workouts definitely simulate how you would play a soccer game, where you 'stop and go' a lot.
    Wow thank you heaps man that helps a lot I'll do that as m routine, I've so far een lifting 5 days a week and doing 2 days as cardio cheers again