phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whats Wrong With My Shoulder??

So i know its impossible to get a really accurate diagnosis withoug an MRI, but im hoping someone here will be able to give me some guidance:

So at the end of this summer i hit my new PR on bench with 5 reps of 245. Since then ive been on a downward slope. My bench has been getting worse and worse by week, and my left shoulder has been feeling sketchy.

I say sketchy because there isnt really a specific pain besides a general soreness/stiffness throughout the left side of my upperback/ lat area. My shoulder has been rather stiff and has been cracking alot.
    Last week when i struggled to put up 225 for 2 reps i decided to start doing some shoulder rehab exercises.

Thats when i really noticed the problem. All the various cable exercises i was doing i was literally able to do less than half the weight for my left shoulder than my right.

This has me seriously worried.. Has anyone else had a similar experience/ know what to do about it? Will the rehab bring it back up to pace?

Thanks for reading/any advice you guys can give

Edit: i was thinking that it might be muscle knotting under my left shoulder blade.. Would that make sense?
    Newcomer to the IIFYM Crew and loving it

phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump, help please
    Newcomer to the IIFYM Crew and loving it

Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000) Brenden061 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If only shoulders were that simple

healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The muscle knot may have been formed by improper form while lifting, or Overstimulation.
    To treat the muscle knot, simply roll the tennis ball—pressed either to the wall or the floor one side, and your body on the other—over your muscle. You can use two tennis balls, a lacrosse ball, or a smaller ball (like a racquet ball) if you want to go firmer or deeper. You can put the ball into a sock so it’s easier to hold onto and you won’t need to chase it down in case it drops.
    Use a deep stroking massage, not static pressure
    Do the massage stroke slowly
    Use six to twelve strokes per knot
    Work each muscle knot 2-3x per day until the pain goes away

Originally Posted by Brenden061 View Post
    If only shoulders were that simple
    Originally Posted by phillycheese92 View Post
    So i know its impossible to get a really accurate diagnosis withoug an MRI, but im hoping someone here will be able to give me some guidance:

So at the end of this summer i hit my new PR on bench with 5 reps of 245. Since then ive been on a downward slope. My bench has been getting worse and worse by week, and my left shoulder has been feeling sketchy.

I say sketchy because there isnt really a specific pain besides a general soreness/stiffness throughout the left side of my upperback/ lat area. My shoulder has been rather stiff and has been cracking alot.
    Last week when i struggled to put up 225 for 2 reps i decided to start doing some shoulder rehab exercises.

Thats when i really noticed the problem. All the various cable exercises i was doing i was literally able to do less than half the weight for my left shoulder than my right.

This has me seriously worried.. Has anyone else had a similar experience/ know what to do about it? Will the rehab bring it back up to pace?

Thanks for reading/any advice you guys can give

Edit: i was thinking that it might be muscle knotting under my left shoulder blade.. Would that make sense?
    I am Nitish - a fitness enthusiast and a big Gym freak. I am correctly writing fitness and bodybuilding tips for WorkoutTrends.com - the health and fitness magazine.

Favorite Quotes:
    "Do not ignore your weakest muscle groups coz' you're only as strong as your weakest link.”
    "Train insane or remain the same!!"

Registered User heavykettlebell's Avatar
    heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavykettlebell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    here's a video response I made. But you're on the right rack.

Deadlift 573lbs August 2014
    Bench Press 305lbs (December 2013)
    Squat 429lbs Feb 2014
    Overhead Press 200lbs (October 2013)
    Power Clean 195lbs (December 2013)
    Snatch 155lbs (Feb 2014)

http://www.YouTube.com/RyanSaplanPT
    http://www.Instagram.com/RyanSaplan