qckrun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements & Cutting...

I am currently in the process of Cutting, and am not sure if I should be taking supplement.

I am currently 5'6", 235lbs and trying to cut down to 200lbs by May 2014. (I think it can be done)

I haven't been tracking my Macros to a Tee, but I am wondering if taking supplements might be beneficial.

I currently work out in the morning at 5:30am-630am, however I have to drive an 1.5hours to the gym(which is where my work is), and am not quite sure if I should be taking supplements before I work out? I generally drink 32oz of H2O before my workout along with a Power Bar Protein bar(10g protein, currently trying out a 20g protein bar) an hour before my workout. Should I be taking something else instead before working out?

Workout Consists of 1hour total:

20mins- Cardio
    Specific Muscle group exercise
    Core

When lifting, I am generally moving one station to another with minimal resting(resting on the movement to each machine)

After my workout at 6:45am I have 3eggs+1egg white scramble, which has 1/2cup Cook Turkey breast, diced mushrooms, bell pepper green onions and half an avocado on top with Tapitato Hot Sauce.

At 9:30am I usually have a Ground Turkey/Brown Rice Veggie Stir Fry dish, (not sure the nutritional info on this as I mix a bunch together).

At 12pm I generally snack on a Mozzarella Cheese stick and a dozen Almonds.

At 1:30pm I usually have a Mixed Green Salad with a Protein, veggies and lite balsamic dressing.

At 3:45-4:45 I generally have 1-mozzarella cheese stick, a dozen almonds, and an apple.

At 5:45-7pm we usually eat dinner which consists of some protein, veggies, and maybe a carb.

I know its pretty generic, and this forum is tired of diet threads, but supplement wise, should I be adding something in? Will it help, or right now would it be wise to stick to my routine and diet and then re-evaluate in 3 months?

Thanks

Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Divall213 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tbh you need staples - multi, whey, fish oil, creatine vitamin d3

If you have the money, add beta alanine, and a pre workout with citrulline malate/Agmatine and some bcaas

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    do you know your TDEE and Macro minimums? if you're meeting these values with food then no supplements needed. if protein powders and multivitamins help you either through convenience, piece of mind, or you really enjoy the taste, then add them into your diet

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Divall213 View Post

If you have the money, add beta alanine, and a pre workout with citrulline malate/Agmatine and some bcaas
    Those are all useless assuming a proper diet and lifestyle.

qckrun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    do you know your TDEE and Macro minimums? if you're meeting these values with food then no supplements needed. if protein powders and multivitamins help you either through convenience, piece of mind, or you really enjoy the taste, then add them into your diet
    My TDEE according to IIFYM.com is:

BMR:1986
    TDEE: 2904

Day Totals:
    Fat Loss Calories: 2323
    Carbs/Day:134.4
    Protein:235
    Fat:94

I am not 100% sure but I don't think I'm close on my Macros.... I've got the next four days off so I am going to be researching everything I've been eating the past two weeks, and figure out a meal plan for the next two weeks with Macros included.

My biggest concern was if I really need supplements for a faster weight lost/ for helping with the cutting. Also the big concern was my before workout meal, as I literally wake up at 3:40am, drive for an hour and half, and start my workout at 5:20-5:30am, if it would be beneficial to get some sort of supplement in since I wasn't eating a big meal before my work out(I literally cant for 2 reasons, driving, and I cant stomach something huge that early in the morning).

I guess I need to track my Macros for the next two weeks, and then report back asking the same.

Does anyone have any SUGGESTIONS on brands/products for something before a workout, if I deem I may need to get some supplements.

PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely will sound biased because I represent a supplement brand, BUT I was a bodybuilder before anything - and before that, I was just a kid trying to get big!

With that being said, I have found that this is the order needed to get real results: DIET, TRAINING, SLEEP/REST, SUPPLEMENTATION. If any of these components are missing, then achieving your goals will always take a bit longer and be more difficult.

Do you NEED supplements for results, absolutely not, HOWEVER, without them it makes it very difficult to get in all of the nutrients that your body will need for the day. In addition, supplements like creatine, and fat burners are so useful to really push the envelope on results.

I always take the following:
    1. Multi Viatmin
    2. Greens supplement
    3. Fish Oil
    4. Vitamin D (I live in Canada)
    5. Amino Freak (during workout)
    6. Protein (gainer during offseason, isolate during on-season)

Those are my staples. Then depending on the time of year and/or distance to my next competition, I will try testosterone boosting products, joint care, pre workout drinks, etc.

Supplements are not only central to my work life, but they have been essential in preparing my body for rigorous training sessions and the national competition stage. It's just a matter of finding the right products that suit your goals and work with your diet and training regemin.
    Paul Teixeira

PharmaFreak Representative
    2013 Canadian CBBF Bantamweight Bodybuilding Champion

www.********.com/pharmafreak
    www.twitter.com/pharmafreak
    www.instagram.com/pharmafreak
    www.pinterest.com/search/?q=Pharmafreak
    www.plus.google.com/116513041929785949607/posts
    www.youtube.com/user/RippedFreakVideos

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Divall213 View Post

Tbh, no you dont.

Save your money op.
    Eat the damn yolk.