Whogivesasam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Overindulging once a week

So I'm keeping an 1800 daily calorie diet. But I do it so that every week I just have to meet a 1800x7 calorie quota. So if I eat 2000 calories one day, I'll eat 1600 the next day.
    I'm seventeen years old, 5'10" and am about 170 pounds. I am in the final stages of cutting, but I've had moments where I'll just completely binge. Like today I was at a potluck and ate probably 2000 calories worth of food... I don't know why I do this because it only destroys me after....

So do you guys have tips on dieting appropriately? I'm not counting macros specifically, but I generally eat healthy and cut soda and chips and unhealthy foods from my diet.

MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MontavonM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Whogivesasam View Post
    So I'm keeping an 1800 daily calorie diet. But I do it so that every week I just have to meet a 1800x7 calorie quota. So if I eat 2000 calories one day, I'll eat 1600 the next day.
    I'm seventeen years old, 5'10" and am about 170 pounds. I am in the final stages of cutting, but I've had moments where I'll just completely binge. Like today I was at a potluck and ate probably 2000 calories worth of food... I don't know why I do this because it only destroys me after....

So do you guys have tips on dieting appropriately? I'm not counting macros specifically, but I generally eat healthy and cut soda and chips and unhealthy foods from my diet.
    Don't forget to incorporate your cardio into the measure. For example if you're maintence is 2000 cal/day and your aiming for 1700, you're good. If you eat 2200 in one day, you can always get on the treadmill and burn off extra calories (assuming this treadmill I'm speaking of isn't incorporated in your daily routine, if it is, then you can do it again). It isn't hard to burn 400-500 calories in an hour doing cardio. Calories in v.s calories out.

nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nlevy12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At your age and stats, I would bulk for a couple years at least. At 17, this is perfect time to pack on as much muscle as you can, and I wouldn't even track calories or macros. Just eat what you want and lift heavy, and you'll see great results!

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MontavonM View Post
    Don't forget to incorporate your cardio into the measure. For example if you're maintence is 2000 cal/day and your aiming for 1700, you're good. If you eat 2200 in one day, you can always get on the treadmill and burn off extra calories (assuming this treadmill I'm speaking of isn't incorporated in your daily routine, if it is, then you can do it again). It isn't hard to burn 400-500 calories in an hour doing cardio. Calories in v.s calories out.
    Using cardio to supplement poor nutrition practises? Bad idea.

OP, I would not advise going weekly with your calorie counting like this. Muster up some discipline and eat at a daily consistent number. If bingeing becomes something you cannot control, consider seeking out a physician as you may have an eating disorder.

Lastly... Bulk!
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nlevy12 View Post
    At your age and stats, I would bulk for a couple years at least. At 17, this is perfect time to pack on as much muscle as you can, and I wouldn't even track calories or macros. Just eat what you want and lift heavy, and you'll see great results!
    ^ This.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nlevy12 View Post
    This is good advice, I cut and got a little obsessed with calories as a teen and it did not end well; bulk while your body is set to grow, you can make some incredible progress at your age.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Maximizing Potential brandonbourgoin's Avatar
    brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh so you mean cheat day? Don't get into that habbit especially so young. You'll end up like me who was knocking calories down daily until I hit around 900 cals so I could eat whatever I wanted on the weekend. Just up your calories daily and you won't feel the need to cheat.
    My 70LB+ Weight Loss Pics - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163257811
    Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164577071&pagenumber=
    ~~SCC{{25;26;27;28;29}}~~

Whogivesasam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow okay, thanks for the tips guys.
    So instead of worrying about my calorie intake, should I just eat whatever I want?
    Then what should be my rule of thumb when I'm eating?
    If I let myself eat whatever I want to without keeping tabs, I feel like I'll eat way too unhealthy/much.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow okay, thanks for the tips guys.
    So instead of worrying about my calorie intake, should I just eat whatever I want?
    Yep, just make sure you are eating your veggies and meat, as micros/fibers are very important, and protein as well since you want them muscle to stay (during a cut, aka muscle retention).

Then what should be my rule of thumb when I'm eating?
    If I let myself eat whatever I want to without keeping tabs, I feel like I'll eat way too unhealthy/much.
    Eat what you want, and aim to lose 0.5-1lb per week (since you're at the final stage of cutting, too much of a deficit would actually cause some harm since you've been cutting for a while), and keep things in moderation. Don't stop yourself from eating a slice of cake your mom baked. Eat it but make sure you will eat less for the rest of the day too.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)