I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Women's Physique Olympia was DEEP

I felt like all the girls brought it and looked awesome. Even the ones who you could say were off were not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Here's a vid of prejudging.

vid is muted and sped up a little, i guess so that it can stay up on Youtube, nonetheless, it lets you see the whole thing and the poses are still held long enough for you to assess the physiques of the competitors.

Tycee Coppet had crazy glute/ham tie-ins, and the judges really liked her look.

DLB nailed her conditioning, getting the legs hard without the upper body getting too ripped. Could see every muscle on her and her stage presence is great.

Toni West also has good stage presence and probably the best structure of the division(maybe 2nd to Tycee in structure). She literally looks like a figure girl with more muscle, which is basically what the division was created for. Imo, if she comes in a little tighter, she could win the whole thing. I was super happy to see her in the top group since she's my favorite in the division...with DLB in a very close 2nd due to her personality and athletic look, and Karina Nascimento along with Juliana Malacarne in very close 3rd....probably tied for 3rd is also Marina Lopez for her hawt posing routines - just so hard to pick favorites in this division!

Karina Nascimento looked great, but her structure held her back from the top group. The competition was just too fierce. That goes to show you the depth of this show - Karina is a girl who has dominated smaller shows before.

Juliana Malacarne placed where she should have, imo(7th, just ahead of Karina Nascimento), but I thought she was gonna place much higher based on how the judges seemed to favor her earlier in the year. She won the NY Pro after all, where Karina placed 2nd and Toni West placed 3rd. Maybe the quality of this show simply let judges pick less muscular girls because like I said - pretty much everyone brought their conditioning in just right. Juliana's structure is up there with Toni's, but she's a bit too muscular for the division. That being said, she's shown that she too can dominate smaller shows - again, shows the level of competition that was here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9uT0wXlEoE

Last edited by stealth_swimmer; 10-08-2013 at 08:47 PM.

BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddyCoolPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    DLB's gonna be VERY tough to beat. I think she's going to be a great champion, she's got TONS of personality.
    "You can always do what you have set your mind to do if you don't allow Fear and Discouragement to stop you. People say that Faith is the absence of Fear. But I believe that Faith is the presence of Courage in the face of Fear and Failure".

-Judge Mary Stenson Scriven

stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BigDaddyCoolPR View Post
    DLB's gonna be VERY tough to beat. I think she's going to be a great champion, she's got TONS of personality.
    Agreed that she's a great champ. I dunno about being "tough to beat" though. The lineup seemed super close. The judges seemed to like Tycee a lot (crazy glute/ham tie-ins and excellent structure). DLB has to nail her conditioning (which she did here) to win. Otherwise, she can lose, like how she did at the smaller shows throughout the year.

I think the judges were giving her a head's up at her last pro win. She showed up sharp and brought the legs in, the judges told her to soften up just a bit, which I think she did here while still keeping her legs detailed enough.

I want to play a game... JIGSAW's Avatar
    JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JIGSAW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DLB will run off a few of these it looks like..........
    I walk amongst you.......but I am not one of you.

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's the difference between women's physique and women's figure o_O

Originally Posted by Ikatsu View Post
    You can be a bit bigger, more muscular, and leaner in Physique. Nicole Wilkins was basically on the verge of a Physique competitor this year though, imo. She probably would've done well in the division.

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    You can be a bit bigger, more muscular, and leaner in Physique. Nicole Wilkins was basically on the verge of a Physique competitor this year though, imo. She probably would've done well in the division.
    lol sounds stupid as hell

Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohaaboy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol sounds stupid as hell
    Kind of agree with this. I think they're spreading the classes too thin.

Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Txhorns23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    might as well throw all of the money into one pot instead of splitting it between different classes. There are many women in figure who might as well just be in physique.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    In women's physique you have the option to wear board shorts & skip leg day.

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    haha it's funny because woman's physique includes legs but men's physique doesn't..... wtf lol

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    I think that dividing the sh!t out of classes like this is stupid on many levels. But hey, it makes the governing organizations more $$$, so it's not stupid for them. It's the competitors who get fcked out of higher prize money.

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think that dividing the sh!t out of classes like this is stupid on many levels. But hey, it makes the governing organizations more $$$, so it's not stupid for them. It's the competitors who get fcked out of higher prize money.
    Do they actually make a lot more money for splitting it so much tho?

If so, I wonder why there aren't as many divisions for men? Men's fitness.. Men's trunks (instead of bikini) etc
    IG: waldronconstruction

Poppin Rolaids like Candy PillClinton's Avatar
    PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000) PillClinton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wala View Post

If so, I wonder why there aren't as many divisions for men? Men's fitness.. Men's trunks (instead of bikini) etc
    who knows. But these guys are reeling in money. They have to be. With the amount of supplement companies contracting to promote at IFBB conventions, fees on athletes, and ticket sales, that have to be bringing in a lot of profit.

Not only that, but they are able to cut corners on having large payouts compared to their large salaries. I can guarantee that after the olympia (and most of their events) the amount they pay the athletes and for the production of the show still allows them to walk away with a large surplus of cash. Hell, they don't even need to employ a quality stream for any of their shows

Originally Posted by wala View Post
    I would speculate so. More divisions = more contestant registration revenue. A lot of folks might feel that increasing the chances of winning or placing is a matter of joining the division that fits them best. And inevitably, the prize money per division winner gets cut.

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would speculate so. More divisions = more contestant registration revenue. A lot of folks might feel that increasing the chances of winning or placing is a matter of joining the division that fits them best. And inevitably, the prize money per division winner gets cut.
    Suppose so! And since the 212 was introduced and then Men's Physique, it's only a matter of time I guess until we see another men's division...
    IG: waldronconstruction

Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol

I disagree. Each division has its own distinct look. If they looked the same, then I'd agree...but they don't.

I think Women's Physique was basically created because women's bodybuilding has been on the decline for quite some time. Physique is more marketable but still lets competitors put on muscle. Lots of girls from Figure had no place to go because they were too muscular and some had gotten to the point where they basically couldn't lift weights without becoming too muscular for the division.
    Last edited by stealth_swimmer; 10-10-2013 at 09:33 PM.

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^
    Agreed.

Each division is easily differentiable.

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I disagree. Each division has its own distinct look. If they looked the same, then I'd agree...but they don't.

I think Women's Physique was basically created because women's bodybuilding has been on the decline for quite some time. Physique is more marketable but still lets competitors put on muscle. Lots of girls from Figure had no place to go because they were too muscular and some had gotten to the point where they basically couldn't lift weights without becoming too muscular for the division.
    I thought Women's Physique was also created as a way to "step back". Competitors in divisions want to outperform themselves each year, and new ones want to out perform those that came before, so they tend to get bigger/more conditioned over time. It's more common in men's divisions, but the 2000+ Ms. Olympia competitors are also visually in a different category than Ms. Olympia competitors from the 1980s.

Here's two pictures of Rachel McLish from the 1980s:

What division would you place her in today?

Btw, I hadn't considered the huge jump from Figure to Bodybuilding. That left a lot of women in competition limbo.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dom1987 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think they should change the criteria of women's heavyweight ms olympia to what physique is now and get rid of physique

so it should be like this

MS.Olympia (which is what physique is now)
    figure - unchanged
    bikini - unchanged

With the current ms.Olympia contenders having to take the same hormones as women who want a sex change, I dont think its right at all. Women BB'ers wouldn't have to take special supps if the IFBB was not going for that look. at least the current physique standard women can still keep there femininity.

If there was a new supp that could make current Mr.o contenders be 300lb and ripped but it had a unavoidable side effect of really bad gyno and a girly voice, do you think the judges would award that look?

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by broad.stance View Post
    I thought Women's Physique was also created as a way to "step back". Competitors in divisions want to outperform themselves each year, and new ones want to out perform those that came before, so they tend to get bigger/more conditioned over time. It's more common in men's divisions, but the 2000+ Ms. Olympia competitors are also visually in a different category than Ms. Olympia competitors from the 1980s.

Here's two pictures of Rachel McLish from the 1980s:

What division would you place her in today?

Btw, I hadn't considered the huge jump from Figure to Bodybuilding. That left a lot of women in competition limbo.
    She wouldn't even place well in the bikini division today, probably. Meanwhile Nicole Wilkins was WAY too muscular. Just as big as DLB imo. The judges need to start marking them down or by 2050 the figure winner will be dwarfing 2013 Phil Heath

...imnoting

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dom1987 View Post

If there was a new supp that could make current Mr.o contenders be 300lb and ripped but it had a unavoidable side effect of really bad gyno and a girly voice, do you think the judges would award that look?
    Gyno no, it affects the physique. Girly voice would be irrelevant.

Do tell me how lifting and not increasing calories can increase your muscle mass.

I think Women's Physique was basically created because women's bodybuilding has been on the decline for quite some time. Physique is more marketable.
    You could have ended your sentence here, but this was already explained. You think DLB, having the biggest fan base, winning was strictly the result of her physique being better than the other competitors? If literally any other girl won physique I would have been like "who's that?!" meanwhile I hear about DLB over and over and over

^^^To the comment about 1980s bodybuilding - She probably would do ok in Bikini but might be too slim for that. I don't think that's the point though. The Women's Physique division is more of a "Cory Everson division" (and Cory would've been too muscular for Physique, in all honesty, but if she brought herself in softer and just a touch smaller, she definitely would've fit in perfectly today in the Physique division, imo)

Do tell me how lifting and not increasing calories can increase your muscle mass.

It's definitely possible, but only within a certain range. It's probably different for everyone. I've done it before, and I'm sure plenty of other people have, too. Past a certain point, you gotta increase calories.

but anyways, I'm sure hunger plays a role in things too. These girls have an offseason, you know. They're gonna have periods of time when they eat more and they probably don't wanna feel like their eating is constantly restricted.

I still think it's ridiculous. No clue what you're seeing, but I'm seeing ridiculousness. This is the way I see it: BBing = no-holds-barred size & leanness, Fitness = basically figure girls who can do gymnastics routines, Figure = Fitness minus the gymnastics routine, & Bikini = hnnnng. Wedging in another division (Physique) is just sort of a watered-down version of BBing. Seems lame to me.
    Last edited by alan aragon; 10-12-2013 at 02:11 AM.

patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still think it's ridiculous. No clue what you're seeing, but I'm seeing ridiculousness. This is the way I see it: BBing = no-holds-barred size & leanness, Fitness = basically figure girls who can do gymnastics routines, Figure = Fitness minus the gymnastics routine, & Bikini = hnnnng. Wedging in another division (Physique) is just sort of a watered-down version of BBing. Seems lame to me.
    I think they wanted to go in a new direction without having to oust the current crop of female bodybuilders. With the way bodybuilding has evolved, the women are just too far gone to scale things back. At the start of 2000, Manion sent competitors a letter stating, "symmetry, presentation, separations, and muscularity BUT NOT TO THE EXTREME!" were to be considered.

The fact that women were pushing the boundaries, and looking too masculine was the elephant in the room that no one wanted to directly address. Maybe you can blame the judges for not putting their foot down, but they're not entirely responsible.

Let's face it, the judges can only work with the physiques that step on stage. Year after year, the women at the top weren't downsizing, and the reigning champion always has the advantage. With such a high standard already in place, and women willing to uphold it, turning back wasn't an option.

If the judges really wanted to shake things up, they would have had to do something really drastic. Imagine a scenario that requires the division to start from scratch just to get on track. Can you imagine Iris Kyle coming in dead last at the Olympia? Maybe in a parallel universe!

The IFBB is an organization fraught with tradition, and old habits die hard. As fans, we all know that the reigning champion has to be "knocked out". Dana Linn Bailey isn't going to beat Iris Kyle at her own game. However, she has a huge following, and a very marketable appearance. That gives her the potential to tap into a market that Iris can't.

Creating a new division shares the spotlight, and provides opportunities for women with similar goals. All things considered, Physique has already contributed a lot to the IFBB. In just a sort time, we've seen the number of participants swell at the NPC National level (a direct precursor to the IFBB).

It's definitely watered down, but there's a demand for it.
    Lifetime natural bodybuilder, and certified nutritionist.
    youtube.com/watch?v=bCHbsUEiyjU

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So has anyone made a joke about SS wanting to go deep in the WPD lineup yet?
    "that guy is like a damn unicorn" -Evan Centopani on Mamdouh Elsbiay

Originally Posted by patbanya View Post
    I think they wanted to go in a new direction without having to oust the current crop of female bodybuilders. With the way bodybuilding has evolved, the women are just too far gone to scale things back. At the start of 2000, Manion sent competitors a letter stating, "symmetry, presentation, separations, and muscularity BUT NOT TO THE EXTREME!" were to be considered.

The fact that women were pushing the boundaries, and looking too masculine was the elephant in the room that no one wanted to directly address. Maybe you can blame the judges for not putting their foot down, but they're not entirely responsible.

Let's face it, the judges can only work with the physiques that step on stage. Year after year, the women at the top weren't downsizing, and the reigning champion always has the advantage. With such a high standard already in place, and women willing to uphold it, turning back wasn't an option.

If the judges really wanted to shake things up, they would have had to do something really drastic. Imagine a scenario that requires the division to start from scratch just to get on track. Can you imagine Iris Kyle coming in dead last at the Olympia? Maybe in a parallel universe!

The IFBB is an organization fraught with tradition, and old habits die hard. As fans, we all know that the reigning champion has to be "knocked out". Dana Linn Bailey isn't going to beat Iris Kyle at her own game. However, she has a huge following, and a very marketable appearance. That gives her the potential to tap into a market that Iris can't.

Creating a new division shares the spotlight, and provides opportunities for women with similar goals. All things considered, Physique has already contributed a lot to the IFBB. In just a sort time, we've seen the number of participants swell at the NPC National level (a direct precursor to the IFBB).

It's definitely watered down, but there's a demand for it.

a thousand times, this

Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
    So has anyone made a joke about SS wanting to go deep in the WPD lineup yet?
    Well I guess they did now...lol