Mhpruy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine/workout load

Should I increase the length of my weight lifting workout when I take creatine?

My goal is to increase muscle size.
    Last edited by Mhpruy; 10-08-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Edit

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What does your workout consist of?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would stick to a pre-made program by a well known athlete or strength coach instead of making your own.

mattdustin89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creatine monohydrate helps with the ATP energy system, slightly - meaning, you might get an extra rep or two on explosive or strength work, and maybe a LITTLE extra gas in the tank on max effort sprinting. Long term it has plenty of benefits, and it will help your strength gains. But enough to increase the length? No. The only thing you could take where it would make sense to increase the length is a large increase in calories, particularly around the workout window, BCAAs (if you are training fasted or in an under-fed, protein deficient state), or illegal drugs. Not creatine.
    -Matt Dustin, CPT, CES

Owner of The Athletic Physique - "Athletics meets aesthetics. Welcome to the revolution."
    www.theathleticphysique.com

"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary."

Mhpruy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I'll stick to my regular workout programme and hope that I get those few extra reps.

I use the intermediate weight lifting programme at - .aworkoutroutine.com.