Page 147 of 274 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 8191
    Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Nice training, getting solid numbers with those RDLS, making it seem easy.

What are you thinking about doing when you hit reps with Hammer curls? Add some weight or change exercises?

Dips might not be advancing but you sure as hell are keeping them consistent and consistency is key!

Meal of champions right there ^^ gonna whip me some scrambled eggs shorty, no bacon though, just lorne sausage!
    Eat the damn yolk.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Nice training, getting solid numbers with those RDLS, making it seem easy.
    I felt the weight today, G; I'm at a good working load on them.

What are you thinking about doing when you hit reps with Hammer curls? Add some weight or change exercises?
    Good question. I'll probably give 45s a shot, but I suspect that might be too much weight. If that proves to be the case, I'll sub-in a different biceps exercise, maybe EZ Bar Curls.

Dips might not be advancing but you sure as hell are keeping them consistent and consistency is key!
    I really like Dips, and as long as my hands and wrists will tolerate them, I'm going to keep them in here whether I can further advance them or not. IMO, for me at least, they're too an exercise to remove, at least for now.

Meal of champions right there ^^ gonna whip me some scrambled eggs shorty, no bacon though, just lorne sausage!
    It's tough to fault eggs. Even back a few years ago when the 'Cholesterol Bogeyman' was out and about, I never stopped eating them every day. My blood panels always come back way better than the average joe, so who's gonna tell me that they're "bad" for me?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I felt the weight today, G; I'm at a good working load on them.?
    Keep at it and you will be at your goal in no time!

Good question. I'll probably give 45s a shot, but I suspect that might be too much weight. If that proves to be the case, I'll sub-in a different biceps exercise, maybe EZ Bar Curls.
    Or perhaps something to hit the short head of the bicep more directly after hitting the long head for some time, I know the whole bicep will obviously be worked, its just my slight OCD kicking in lol. I actually enjoy the exercise subs in this log, its interesting to see how you progress with them.

I really like Dips, and as long as my hands and wrists will tolerate them, I'm going to keep them in here whether I can further advance them or not. IMO, for me at least, they're too an exercise to remove, at least for now.
    It was your weighted dips that got me doing them again, but unfortunately they seem to do a number on my left shoulder, been out of the gym a week now waiting for the pain to subside, I think a visit to a professional might be on the cards. Its a shame too because its such a great movement.

It's tough to fault eggs. Even back a few years ago when the 'Cholesterol Bogeyman' was out and about, I never stopped eating them every day. My blood panels always come back way better than the average joe, so who's gonna tell me that they're "bad" for me.?
    They are a "wonder" food if there are any, simply cant fault them, need to get myself a blood panel shortly too me thinks, see how mines turn out.
    Eat the damn yolk.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

It was your weighted dips that got me doing them again, but unfortunately they seem to do a number on my left shoulder, been out of the gym a week now waiting for the pain to subside, I think a visit to a professional might be on the cards. Its a shame too because its such a great movement.
    Dips can be rough on joints, and agreed; they're an excellent exercise if you can tolerate them.

I did them for years with no problem up until about 2006 or thereabouts, when my hands and wrists just started squawking when I perform them. And I wasn't using all that much more weight then than I am now, maybe 70-75 pounds IIRC. It got so bad I couldn't even do any body weight reps, so I quit them. This run of Dips in here now is the first time I've had them in my routine since back then.

They are a "wonder" food if there are any, simply cant fault them, need to get myself a blood panel shortly too me thinks, see how mines turn out.
    It's a good idea to keep tabs on what's happening on the inside. I found I was deficient in D3 two years ago, and doc told me to start supplementing, which I started doing immediately.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Dips can be rough on joints, and agreed; they're an excellent exercise if you can tolerate them.

I did them for years with no problem up until about 2006 or thereabouts, when my hands and wrists just started squawking when I perform them. And I wasn't using all that much more weight then than I am now, maybe 70-75 pounds IIRC. It got so bad I couldn't even do any body weight reps, so I quit them. This run of Dips in here now is the first time I've had them in my routine since back then..
    Its good you are managing them again, think I may have to take a break from them and concentrate on fixing what is ever wrong with this shoulder of mine.

It's a good idea to keep tabs on what's happening on the inside. I found I was deficient in D3 two years ago, and doc told me to start supplementing, which I started doing immediately.
    Started doing that myself, its a habit I need to get better at, I always start supplementing then stop due to forgetfulness, need to make an effort to keep it up.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Its good you are managing them again, think I may have to take a break from them and concentrate on fixing what is ever wrong with this shoulder of mine.
    If you have isolated the problem to that one exercise, then by all means stop using it. The shoulder joint is a miracle of bio-engineering, but it gives up some strength to gain more ROM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

If you have isolated the problem to that one exercise, then by all means stop using it. The shoulder joint is a miracle of bio-engineering, but it gives up some strength to gain more ROM.
    Yea, such a sensitive area, cant afford to mess it up with everything else it provides for you.
    Eat the damn yolk.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good close out for the week by getting your reps across. Enjoy the weekend.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    Incredible RD lifts. Sriracha on the eggs or grits?
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    Incredible RD lifts. Sriracha on the eggs or grits?
    I would be shocked if it was not lashed over those eggs.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    was lurking the Misc, as i do once in a long while when the nutrition and equipment forums are a bit slow for me, and saw this gem: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168695753

and immediately wished that you posted in the misc (that you don't is one of the reasons why you're so respected) just to shut these guys up. so young and already worried about lifting 'heavy.' i plan to get stronger as i get older...
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Yea, such a sensitive area, cant afford to mess it up with everything else it provides for you.
    It pays to train smart, especially where joint health is concerned.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Good close out for the week by getting your reps across. Enjoy the weekend.
    Thanks, Dave; I had a good session to cap-off a solid week.

Have a great weekend yourself, bud.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    Incredible RD lifts.
    Thanks; RDL has always been a good lift for me. I've worked very hard to build and now maintain my leg and lower back strength over the years, and it's beginning to pay off as my 'mileage' continues to accumulate.

Sriracha on the eggs or grits?
    On the eggs. I'll go back and forth between Sriracha and Frank's, but IMO, Sriracha's garlicky heat is perfect for eggs (among other dishes).

I would be shocked if it was not lashed over those eggs.
    I was going to snap a pic after I doused them, but was too anxious to eat, and started shoveling them in!

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    was lurking the Misc, as i do once in a long while when the nutrition and equipment forums are a bit slow for me, and saw this gem: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168695753

and immediately wished that you posted in the misc (that you don't is one of the reasons why you're so respected) just to shut these guys up. so young and already worried about lifting 'heavy.' i plan to get stronger as i get older...
    The misc isn't for me, Domi. If anyone is actually looking for such information, it can be easily found in the training/exercise forums. That topic just came up in a thread in the open O35 forum just a day or two ago.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great dip form. I started doing Gironda style dips at home because I have two individual 'dip stands' that I can point in any direction. My wrists feel better that way.

The misc isn't for me, Domi.
    The Misc can be quite entertaining at times, but it has gotten worse this year. Too many trolls and negative nancies. That's why I lost interest recently.

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Great dip form. I started doing Gironda style dips at home because I have two individual 'dip stands' that I can point in any direction. My wrists feel better that way.
    Hey, -L; thanks.

Smart move to experiment with hand/wrist positioning; trying to work through joint pain of any kind is a dead end.

The Misc can be quite entertaining at times, but it has gotten worse this year. Too many trolls and negative nancies. That's why I lost interest recently.
    Understood. Our time is a very valuable commodity, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to waste it.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThighoftheTiger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was going to snap a pic after I doused them, but was too anxious to eat, and started shoveling them in!
    I actually laughed out loud at this. I can't tell you how many times I've done the exact same thing. My photography on food isn't very good, so any hesitation and gulp, it's going, going, gone!

And half a dozen eggs? Why do my 6 nearly fill the whole dang plate, but yours are neatly arranged on the side? Are you using 24 inch plates?
    Every once in a while, there's a sudden gust of gravity...

Originally Posted by ThighoftheTiger View Post
    I actually laughed out loud at this. I can't tell you how many times I've done the exact same thing. My photography on food isn't very good, so any hesitation and gulp, it's going, going, gone!

And half a dozen eggs? Why do my 6 nearly fill the whole dang plate, but yours are neatly arranged on the side? Are you using 24 inch plates?
    It seems that eggs don't have uniform size grading these days. We buy mostly 'jumbo' eggs, but sometimes, they're as small as 'large' eggs.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

It seems that eggs don't have uniform size grading these days. We buy mostly 'jumbo' eggs, but sometimes, they're as small as 'large' eggs.
    I may have been known to look in the XL egg boxes and swap the eggs out I dont declare as being XL.
    Eat the damn yolk.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Resubbing.

KNEW someone was missing but could not fathom out who.

Luckily the green tick tells me who is and who isn't still subbed.

Before I go. I am all caught back up and must pipe up about how really sorry I am for you guys over the water and the bacon you get. (no e:brag) Just looks so thin and lacking in ooomph. IYKWIM.

It is rather strange how different countries have different marketing for such products.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

I may have been known to look in the XL egg boxes and swap the eggs out I dont declare as being XL.
    Lulz. I watched a little old lady at the grocery once who swapped-out all the regular egggs in a carton for jumbos.

Several years ago around here, it was common to find at least 2-3 double-yolk eggs in a carton of a dozen 'jumbo' eggs. On one occasion, I found nine double yolks in a single carton of them, and many other times, up to a half-dozen. These days, it's rare to find even just one double-yolker; I suspect the processing plant now uses some automated egg-candling gizmo that culls all the double-yolks out and then sells those eggs alone at a premium price.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Resubbing.

KNEW someone was missing but could not fathom out who.

Luckily the green tick tells me who is and who isn't still subbed.
    Welcome back, Leigh. Come heck or high water, I'll still be here, slogging away, even though posting time is often pretty tight for me these days.

Before I go. I am all caught back up and must pipe up about how really sorry I am for you guys over the water and the bacon you get. (no e:brag) Just looks so thin and lacking in ooomph. IYKWIM.

It is rather strange how different countries have different marketing for such products.
    You're not the first guy to comment on the suspected lack of quality/quantity of the bacon posted in my meal pics. I think it's more a lack of photography skills on my part than any shortcoming of the bacon manufacturer. We buy premium-quality, thick-cut, applewood-smoked bacon exclusively, and it is delicious.

More power to anyone who has good bacon available; a day without it is a day less-worth living.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    More power to anyone who has good bacon available; a day without it is a day less-worth living.
    amen.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

Lulz. I watched a little old lady at the grocery once who swapped-out all the regular egggs in a carton for jumbos.

Several years ago around here, it was common to find at least 2-3 double-yolk eggs in a carton of a dozen 'jumbo' eggs. On one occasion, I found nine double yolks in a single carton of them, and many other times, up to a half-dozen. These days, it's rare to find even just one double-yolker; I suspect the processing plant now uses some automated egg-candling gizmo that culls all the double-yolks out and then sells those eggs alone at a premium price.

Yea last time I got one was a while back, I should really just buy the cartons of double yolkers, they are worth the extra cash imo lol.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bravo, old lady...

anyhow yeah i heard that some retailers (i think it was Trader Joe's that was mentioned, specifically) carry "double yolk eggs." i don't know how much they cost, but i think the key to any good manufacturing process is 2 things:

1) re-purposing extra/unwanted product

2) marketing said product to get people to pay extra for what would normally be garbage.

the Cake Pop is a great example. let's take the crumbs and corners from all the cake we used, and sell it for 3 dollars an ounce. i'm all for no-waste, but sometimes it's ridiculous what people will pay.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good chit there IW.

Been a little busy this summer with vacations, rebar and next week starting the turbine erections, right now I'm on the rotor build gang.

Good to see you're still killing it.

Oh and if I somehow seems to forget...

We are...
    OG

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    amen.
    It's interesting how a single food item can be so universally lauded.

Yea last time I got one was a while back, I should really just buy the cartons of double yolkers, they are worth the extra cash imo lol.
    There's certainly more protein and micros in them, not to mention more taste.

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    Bravo, old lady...

anyhow yeah i heard that some retailers (i think it was Trader Joe's that was mentioned, specifically) carry "double yolk eggs." i don't know how much they cost, but i think the key to any good manufacturing process is 2 things:

1) re-purposing extra/unwanted product

2) marketing said product to get people to pay extra for what would normally be garbage.

the Cake Pop is a great example. let's take the crumbs and corners from all the cake we used, and sell it for 3 dollars an ounce. i'm all for no-waste, but sometimes it's ridiculous what people will pay.
    Lulz----QFT!

Another good example of taking a formery-considered-worthless byproduct and then turning it into a huge money-maker by clever marketing is whey protein powder. Back in the late '80s-early '90s, a noted steroid guru named Dan Duchaine and a partner started a company that sold whey protein under the name Designer Protein, effectively starting the whole 'whey protein for sports nutrition' business. Prior to this, whey was simply discarded by cheese manufacturers.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Good chit there IW.

Been a little busy this summer with vacations, rebar and next week starting the turbine erections, right now I'm on the rotor build gang.

Good to see you're still killing it.
    Hey, Jason, thanks. As we always say, gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Oh and if I somehow seems to forget...

We are...
    Indeed. It's going to be a rebuilding year for them since Rakeem Cato has moved on to the CFL. He's been doing well there from what I read; maybe it will eventually get him a better shot at the NFL. Warren Moon, among others, went that route.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's interesting how a single food item can be so universally lauded.

There's certainly more protein and micros in them, not to mention more taste.

Lulz----QFT!

Another good example of taking a formery-considered-worthless byproduct and then turning it into a huge money-maker by clever marketing is whey protein powder. Back in the late '80s-early '90s, a noted steroid guru named Dan Duchaine and a partner started a company that sold whey protein under the name Designer Protein, effectively starting the whole 'whey protein for sports nutrition' business. Prior to this, whey was simply discarded by cheese manufacturers.

Hey, Jason, thanks. As we always say, gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Indeed. It's going to be a rebuilding year for them since Rakeem Cato has moved on to the CFL. He's been doing well there from what I read; maybe it will eventually get him a better shot at the NFL. Warren Moon, among others, went that route.
    Yeah that's not a bad guy to follow...LOL

A quick look at his stats

135-194 69.6% completion rate, 7-7 picks/TDs and a 94.3 QB rating.

I think he's the starter now, mainly due to injuries.

Since I now live in the great state of WV and you have to follow a WV team for collegefootball and being that I'm a big PITT supporter, WVU is obviously out of the question...so The Herd is where it's at.
    OG

Since I now live in the great state of WV and you have to follow a WV team for collegefootball and being that I'm a big PITT supporter, WVU is obviously out of the question...so The Herd is where it's at.
    The Pitt-WVU rivalry lasted for many years, and produced some great games. There was some talk a week or so ago about rescheduling the two teams, but due to their different conference responsibilities, it's not going to happen, at least not in the near future.

I lost interest in WVU with the hiring of their current coach; I just don't like the guy, and can't get on board with him.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

The Pitt-WVU rivalry lasted for many years, and produced some great games. There was some talk a week or so ago about rescheduling the two teams, but due to their different conference responsibilities, it's not going to happen, at least not in the near future.

I lost interest in WVU with the hiring of their current coach; I just don't like the guy, and can't get on board with him.
    I don't see it starting back up at all. Starting in 2016 we're playing Penn State again, plus with us joining the ACC we're now playing our traditional Big East schools of Va. Tech, The U, Syracuse.
    OG

I don't see it starting back up at all. Starting in 2016 we're playing Penn State again, plus with us joining the ACC we're now playing our traditional Big East schools of Va. Tech, The U, Syracuse.
    Yeah, I don't see it ever happening again either.

I'm just waiting for Holgersen to get fired, and then maybe WVU will hire a real head coach.

Or not........
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Good session today to get the training week moving forward. Today's training was:

Front Squat
    bar x10 W/U
    95x8 W/U
    135x8
    185x8
    205x8
    245x4

Smith Machine Split Squat
    95x8 W/U
    135x8
    185x8
    245x7

Chinup
    bw +50x6
    bw +50x6
    bw +50x3

Smith Machine Seated Press
    95x10 W/U
    145x6
    145x5
    145x3

An hour and a quarter was required to complete this session. I was still not able to move the reps up on Fronts, so after deload next week, I'll reset back down to 235 and work back up by 5 pounds.

Split Squats were also stuck, but good reps give me the expectation that I'll break through to reps-across eventually. Not ready to drop this lift just yet.

Picked up a tough rep on Chins, but when the first set went up reasonably well, I was expecting an increase and I got it. Still working to get these to 3x6.

Seated Press remained as it was last week, but reps were controlled, and more importantly, no problem for my shoulders. More work needs done though.

That's all for today. I'll rest tomorrow, then follow that with Lunges, Rows, and Flat Press on Wednesday.

Post-WorkOut meal was 10 oz of grilled chopped sirloin (different texture and density than ground sirloin), a baked spud with butter, chop salad, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    even for only 4 those were some solid fronts as usual.

I see you make the sirloin patties often. What are you seasoning them with? I may start doing that for some lunches with some A1 like it looks like you use.

The chili I made after seeing you posting here was off the hook. I made it Friday and just finished the last of it with the last corn stick for lunch today.
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

Page 147 of 274 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast