Page 119 of 274 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 8191
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Nice week ending session there, that 5th rep is an elusive one. The hammers are a nice change of pace for me too, they don't seem to hit the belly of the muscle for me as much as strait bar, but the make up for it with the other places they seem to work like the insertion and forearms. Have a good weekend, storms are likely heading your way though...
    Thanks, Tim; I felt like I capped a good week.

As I mentioned in one of our earlier exchanges, I get a solid biceps pump from Hammers even though by that exercise's mechanics, it should be less effective than a conventional Curl variant. Some things just can't be explained, I guess.

The latest forecast here is for nice weather over the weekend. Fingers crossed; gonna get the Z28 out of the garage.

Have a great weekend yourself.

Originally Posted by LollyLifts2015 View Post
    I'm very jealous of your food (and your gym - I share mine with prepubescent crack heads), Mr. Ironwill. I tend to look at and admire your food when there's no kitchen in sight. Shame on you.
    Lulz @ "prepubescent crack heads;" brings back memories of my commercial gym days.

I started putting the PWO meal pics in here somewhere near the end of my first journal in this forum (IIRC) as a means of showing that I relied on regular food rather than shakes, as I was constantly preaching in the open forums. I think that walking the walk is a better way to help others to find the right path than just the old, "Do as I say," shtick.

Interesting to see the hammer curls being brought up! I just started incorporating these as well. I tweaked my wrist from a fall - chasing my son and dogs, d'oh! - plus, I always end up messing it up (old injury/broken wrist from ages ago). I find I have a harder time using the curl bar/long bar; it seems to aggravate my wrist more. I feel I have less control when lifting a bar, compared to individually with dumbbells. Dumbbells are my saving grace sometimes.
    Wrist injuries seem to frequently turn chronic. I don't know if it's because the area is a complex assemblage of many relatively small bones and attaching tissues or that it's just really difficult to give a wrist injury adequate needed recovery time from that injury.

At any rate, if you've found a work-around, you're good to go.

(I get the increasing feeling that practically my entire routine is becoming a 'work-around' these days. )

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Good work!

Loving the early hammer curls sub, some nice skin splitting pumps I assume? If not your new starting point next time will def have you feeling them!
    Thanks, G. I probably should have stepped away from the straight bar a couple of weeks ago, but had to give it a good trial to see if things would change, and they didn't.

Next go-around, I'll see if I can get 3x10 @35, and then go from there.

Always loving that thick cut toast, pretty much equates to 6 slices for me with the pre-sliced stuff I use lol, looks like an extra large glass of milk too .
    We really like that bread; it's good with everything. It also makes phenomenal French toast.

As far as the milk goes, it's like I posted to that young kid in the 'nutrition' forum, who was having trouble meeting his protein requirement; one 16 oz glass contains 16 grams of high-quality protein (along with a whole bunch of other good stuff). Just 4 glasses a day gets you 60+ grams, and it's as easy as drinking that much plain water. To me, it's a no-brainer.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So much inspiration and motivation in this journal.

(...and thanks for the kind words IW)
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just checkin' in, Bill. I haven't been around much lately. Too much real life. Looks like things are still rolling along like they should be in here!

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting to see the hammer curls showing up. Sounds like you've got a good plan for post-deload.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    So much inspiration and motivation in this journal.

(...and thanks for the kind words IW)
    YW, and I appreciate your comments as well. I'm still working hard to try to keep moving forward.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Just checkin' in, Bill. I haven't been around much lately. Too much real life. Looks like things are still rolling along like they should be in here!
    Hello, Steve! I know what you mean about RL getting busy.

Good to see you in here.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Interesting to see the hammer curls showing up. Sounds like you've got a good plan for post-deload.
    I needed a change, Dan. This time around, my wrists just wouldn't tolerate the straight bar; I felt like i was doing more harm than good trying to stick with it.

The only other change on the radar screen is swapping Romanians for conventional Deadlifts, but I'm going to stick with conventionals for a while longer. I feel like even though I've stalled on them, I'm still getting benefit from the workload, and at this stage of the game, that's important to me.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 04-12-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Registered Schmoozer LollyLifts2015's Avatar
    LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I started putting the PWO meal pics in here somewhere near the end of my first journal in this forum (IIRC) as a means of showing that I relied on regular food rather than shakes, as I was constantly preaching in the open forums. I think that walking the walk is a better way to help others to find the right path than just the old, "Do as I say," shtick.
    Well, keep it up! It looks delish and it gives me dinner ideas when I'm clueless.

Wrist injuries seem to frequently turn chronic. I don't know if it's because the area is a complex assemblage of many relatively small bones and attaching tissues or that it's just really difficult to give a wrist injury adequate needed recovery time from that injury.
    This is true. I've been told this is especially true if the break is at the joint; amongst their being issues with how the cartilage heals back around the break, you can also get the lovely accompaniment of arthritis later. This is why mom's tell kids to wear wrist and knee pads (why didn't we ever listen?!).

Regardless, it's nice to have so many options for "work-around" programs and equipment for gimps like myself.
    ❤ Humor iss all in the arm. ❤
    ❤ I'm just here for the snacks. ❤

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    I know you are a sports fan, do you watch golf/The Masters?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Well, keep it up! It looks delish and it gives me dinner ideas when I'm clueless.
    I'm pleased to have been able to provide some ideas.

Regardless, it's nice to have so many options for "work-around" programs and equipment for gimps like myself.
    There's almost always at least some exercise that can be tolerated. It might take some experimenting to find it, but the effort is usually worthwhile.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    I know you are a sports fan, do you watch golf/The Masters?
    No, D; not a big golf fan. I can appreciate the skill and nerves of steel required to compete at the highest level, but I don't watch or participate.

My sports interest is pretty much just centered on football. I've even been known to watch the occasional Pee Wee League game on one of the local cable access channels.

I'd be very happy to watch Olympic Weightlifting too, if it were ever televised. Even during the Olympics, the weightlifting competitions are usually relegated to 3:00AM, if they're on at all.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 04-12-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LollyLifts2015 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's almost always at least some exercise that can be tolerated. It might take some experimenting to find it, but the effort is usually worthwhile.
    This is true sir! Have had to find variations for the flat-palmed push-ups because I can't handle them.

No, D; not a big golf fan.
    I would give you measle reps for this statement alone if I weren't out of green blocks for the day.

Returning later.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Deload week again already Any yard workouts lined up for the week? It's been just gorgeous here so I got some chinups done in the backyard today with the kids which was great and plan to drag my kettlebell out there at least one day next week.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

This is true sir! Have had to find variations for the flat-palmed push-ups because I can't handle them.
    Have you tried using a pair of hex dumbbells laid out on the floor as 'handles' for Pushups? I rarely do them, but I can no longer put my palms flat on the floor either.

From several months ago:

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Deload week again already
    I know, Dave; the months fly by like weeks anymore.

Any yard workouts lined up for the week? It's been just gorgeous here so I got some chinups done in the backyard today with the kids which was great and plan to drag my kettlebell out there at least one day next week.
    I honestly won't know what I'm going to do tomorrow until I step into the gym. I try to keep deloads spontaneous and spur-of-the-moment. Your ideas sound good. I used to have Chinup bar bolted up under my deck that I used as a noob, back before I had a real home gym. When I rebuilt the staircases and landing a couple of years ago, I had to remove it.

The weather has been perfect here too this past couple of days. We took Sherman to a nearby small lake today, and hiked almost all the way around it. Had a time keeping hold of his leash when he spotted some geese in the water.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Have you tried using a pair of hex dumbbells laid out on the floor as 'handles' for Pushups? I rarely do them, but I can no longer put my palms flat on the floor either.

From several months ago:

I don't know why I didn't even consider that! I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how it holds-up.

Thanks as always, kind sir!

Originally Posted by lollylifts2015 View Post
    i don't know why i didn't even consider that! I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how it holds-up.

Thanks as always, kind sir!
    yw.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

HEY! That squirrel from across the street is coming over here IN MY YARD!!!

http://columbuscockerrescue.com Please help if you're able. If you're not in a position to adopt a forever Cocker, even a small donation would be great.

Sherman's busy surveying his vast empire from the upstairs window while I'm in the gym kicking off the first of three light deload workouts for the week. I use relatively light weight, avoid any semblance of failure, and keep all rep counts moderate. Today's training was:

Barbell Squat
    bar x10 W/U
    135x10 W/U
    225x5
    225x5
    225x5

V-Grip Pulldowm PWO
    90x10
    90x10
    90x10

Land Mine Press PWO
    15x8
    15x8
    15x8

Completed this session in about a half-hour. I don't recommend Squatting outside a power rack unless bumper plates are used, but the liftoffs were already set up, and I wasn't going to get stuck at that load/rep count.

Banged out 3 quick sets of Pulldowns, got a decent lat pump for my efforts, and moved on.

Set up the Land Mine, and finished the session with three sets of 1-Arm Presses. I keep saying I'm going to bring these into my regular routine eventually, and I still feel that way. I like these; they feel different from any other Press I've ever done, much more like a 'full-body' exercise.

That's the extent of it; not very exciting, but a necessary break from heavy (for me) training so I can get my recovery back up to snuff. I'll rest tomorrow by doing yard work if the weather continues tocooperate (been really nice this past three days), then on Wednesday do another light walk-through session.

Post-Workout meal was an 8 oz sirloin steak, some Mexican rice, and several slices of fried green tomatoes (geez; they're good). A glass of milk added to the protonz/fatz/micros.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000) KoolDJVader is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am seriously impressed you can do 5x5 on the deadlifts. Although I'm a big fan of Bill Starr's 5x5, had to veer away from them in my deadlifts due to form issues if I get above 3 reps with real weight (switching to sumo also helped with keeping form as the reps progress). One thing about 5x5 on squats and deads is that I find even the lighter sets are taxing due to the hard bracing and creating intra-abdominal pressure with every rep.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Post-Workout meal was an 8 oz sirloin steak, some Mexican rice, and several slices of fried green tomatoes (geez; they're good). A glass of milk added to the protonz/fatz/micros.

Squats and steak sounds like a hell of a way to kick off deload week to me. Those tomatoes are something I've never had before. I've heard of them but never made or eaten them. Bread crumbs and spices?
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Originally Posted by KoolDJVader View Post
    I am seriously impressed you can do 5x5 on the deadlifts. Although I'm a big fan of Bill Starr's 5x5, had to veer away from them in my deadlifts due to form issues if I get above 3 reps with real weight (switching to sumo also helped with keeping form as the reps progress). One thing about 5x5 on squats and deads is that I find even the lighter sets are taxing due to the hard bracing and creating intra-abdominal pressure with every rep.
    Thanks. Indeed, that Friday session is very taxing, but also notice that other than Deadlifts, I only do 6 sets of arm work, which serves to keep the day's volume reaonable. Over the years, I've adjusted my volume/frequency/intensity so they remain pretty much in balance. The deload week every 4th week plays a huge part in the picture as well; if I attempted to keep up this current routine week after week with no scheduled deloads, I'd have run into serious problems a long time ago.

I've done sets of triples in the past for Deadlifts, mostly to increase my 1-rep-max, but I'm pretty much done with that these days; my overall workload---and maintaining my strength---is my primary goal with that lift now.

Yes, the lighter, 'ramp-up' sets cause a toll on recovery as well as the top set; it's all a part of the overall workload, and must be factored into the day's overall work.

Thanks for visiting my journal.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Squats and steak sounds like a hell of a way to kick off deload week to me. Those tomatoes are something I've never had before. I've heard of them but never made or eaten them. Bread crumbs and spices?
    Thanks, Dave. The workout may have lacked weight, but the meal didn't!

If you've never had Fried Green Tomatoes, you're really missing out. The 'maters must be green and the harder the better; there was a load of them available at the locak supermarket the other day.

I slice 'em about 3/8" thick, dip them into egg, then into either flour (that's what these were done with) or corn meal seasoned with salt, pepper, a small pinch of cayenne, and sometimes some oregano and/or basil. They're then fried in a skillet with about 1/8" of canola oil until golden brown, turning them once. Daggone, they're tasty.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 04-13-2015 at 03:25 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Nice to see Sherman being nosey lol, does he bark much at people passing by or other dogs etc?

V-grip pull downs are great, always finish my back hypertrophy day off with 2-3 sets of 15-20, just to force as much blood into there as possible, pump is always there, good session, those land mines will defo be working more than one muscle group thats for sure.

Fried green tomotoes look good, never tried them before, but they are fried, so I am just going to assume they taste outstanding.
    Eat the damn yolk.

I LOVE fried green tomatoes! One of my favorite brunch spots makes them and I get them every time. Good meal ya got thurr!

Also, as a side note: I'm happy to have seen a picture of your dog. Love me some pups! My dogs go nuts when they see rabbits coming onto their "pee patch," as I call it.

How often do you usually end up reloading, Bill?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm also loving the landmine work as well Bill.

I've incorporated landmine chest press, shoulder press, and squats into my set up. The pump has been epic.
    OG

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Nice to see Sherman being nosey lol, does he bark much at people passing by or other dogs etc?
    He goes nuts when someone walks another dog up the street, and always barks at pedestrians. I'll usually make him come in when he does though, but that doesn't stop him from doing it again next time. Other than that, and I'm sure it's just a territorial-type thing, he's very well-behaved. We take him (on a leash of course) to all the grandkids' soccer and baseball games, and he's always a model dog. He absolutely loves kids, and basks in all the attention he receives from people. His two different-colored eyes, as well as his unusual, Blue merle coat, draws a lot of comments.

V-grip pull downs are great, always finish my back hypertrophy day off with 2-3 sets of 15-20, just to force as much blood into there as possible, pump is always there, good session, those land mines will defo be working more than one muscle group thats for sure.
    Indeed, both are good exercises; there are just too many good ones to choose from.

Fried green tomotoes look good, never tried them before, but they are fried, so I am just going to assume they taste outstanding.
    You should give them a try; they're indescribable.

I LOVE fried green tomatoes! One of my favorite brunch spots makes them and I get them every time. Good meal ya got thurr!
    When we saw the green tomatoes at the store (unusual for this time of year, to say the least), my wife and I didn't even need to discuss the issue---we both knew what was going to be on the menu.

Also, as a side note: I'm happy to have seen a picture of your dog. Love me some pups! My dogs go nuts when they see rabbits coming onto their "pee patch," as I call it.
    LOL. There's that 'territorial' thing again! How many dogs do you have?

Dogs are just really special; I couldn't imagine my life without having a dog in the family. Sherman is our third Cocker. Our first lived to the ripe old age of 17, and our previous one had some health issues, and we lost her at age 11. That one was really difficult for me to deal with; I'll never get past the feeling that she should have had at least a few more years with us. Sherman is 9; we adopted him when he was 3 years old.

How often do you usually end up reloading, Bill?
    I cut everything back, on schedule, every 4th week. When I was first introduced to the principles of deloading, I did it every 8th week. But that was over 20 years ago, and my recovery ability has gradually decreased, as is to be expected.

I figure that by the time I'm 90 (not that far off!), I'll be deloading every other day.

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    I'm also loving the landmine work as well Bill.

I've incorporated landmine chest press, shoulder press, and squats into my set up. The pump has been epic.
    Good deal, Jason. That thing has opened up another entire new group of exercises.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sherman was hoping he could retrieve one of those geese for your post workout meal Bill

Although steak and Spanish rice is about unbeatable.

Looks like the deload is going well. I enjoy your thoughts on keeping your deloads spontaneous and fun.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    When I was first introduced to the principles of deloading, I did it every 8th week. But that was over 20 years ago, and my recovery ability has gradually decreased, as is to be expected.
    so you mean you are human?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

When we saw the green tomatoes at the store (unusual for this time of year, to say the least), my wife and I didn't even need to discuss the issue---we both knew what was going to be on the menu.
    I love that! My fiancé and I do the same when it comes to key limes. Every time they're in season, I always grab a bag to make key lime pie because it's his favorite food.
    Ganna have to try and make some fried green 'maters if I see any.

LOL. There's that 'territorial' thing again! How many dogs do you have?
    I have two [genius] Basset Hounds; male and female. My fiancé adopted them when they were pups. He loves Bassets; but I think they're just silly-looking, loud, and stubborn. They bay; they talk; they fall down the stairs from tripping on their ears.
    My male dog is very territorial, even when he's outside. He's got this weird dominance thing over bigger dogs than him (which is almost every dog, except for the few ankle-biters).. He does this paw stomp with his front paws (kind've like a horse does) and bites the grass and throws it over his shoulder. He looks stupid as hell doing it, but it's hilarious (hard to look tough when he's got grass stuck all over his face).

Dogs are just really special; I couldn't imagine my life without having a dog in the family. Sherman is our third Cocker. Our first lived to the ripe old age of 17, and our previous one had some health issues, and we lost her at age 11. That one was really difficult for me to deal with; I'll never get past the feeling that she should have had at least a few more years with us. Sherman is 9; we adopted him when he was 3 years old.
    Seventeen is incredible! You were so lucky. I'm sorry for your loss of your previous dog. I know those feels. Before I met my fiancé, I had a chocolate Labrador. She was my world. I took her to school, work, she went every where. I took her on a walk one day and she was sluggish, she passed away two weeks later at only 8 years of age. I never got over that.

I figure that by the time I'm 90 (not that far off!), I'll be deloading every other day.
    LOL! I just laughed so hard at that. Hey, I think it'd be pretty Dynamo to be even lifting at 90. I'd give up a months paycheck to watch some 90 year old in the gym lifting.
    As long as the deloading helps and propels you to be a 90 year old weight lifter, all the better (and you may gain several more followers by that point).

SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000)

From several months ago:

Since, I can't put my hands flat on the floor either, this is a great suggestion and it had never occurred to me. You are a very good problem solver!

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Sherman was hoping he could retrieve one of those geese for your post workout meal Bill
    Lulz. You're probably right, Robert, especially since he knows he'd get a bite or two of it also. But like I explained to him, if he ever actually went after a goose, he'd only make that mistake once!

Although steak and Spanish rice is about unbeatable.
    Agreed. And I've honed that (actually simple) rice recipe to perfection over the years.

Looks like the deload is going well. I enjoy your thoughts on keeping your deloads spontaneous and fun.
    You know, I only started doing that (making deload workouts as eclectic as possible) just a couple of years ago, on the advice of then-fellow-journaler and current moderator, VoxExMachina. Prior to that time, over all those years, I'd stick like glue to my regular routine, but cut all the loads by exactly half. I'd then proceed to complain about every singe one of those sessions, and how brutally boring they were.

Now, I actually look forward to deloads as a means of not only aiding my recovery ability but also to add some variety as well as an opportunity to audition possible future routine changes.

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    so you mean you are human?
    LOL. Yep, afraid so, D.

The difference between myself and some others is that I was so fortunate to have come under the mentorship of a knowledgeable younger bodybuilder so early in my training career. He put me on the path that I still follow to this day, over 20 years later. Everything he taught me was the plain truth, and still works as well now as back then.

I love that! My fiancé and I do the same when it comes to key limes. Every time they're in season, I always grab a bag to make key lime pie because it's his favorite food.
    Ganna have to try and make some fried green 'maters if I see any.
    Key Lime Pie FTW.

I have two [genius] Basset Hounds; male and female. My fiancé adopted them when they were pups. He loves Bassets; but I think they're just silly-looking, loud, and stubborn. They bay; they talk; they fall down the stairs from tripping on their ears.
    A neighbor up the street has a Basset. I don't know his name, but based on how many times he's escaped from their fenced yard and showed up down here, it should be, Houdini!

My male dog is very territorial, even when he's outside. He's got this weird dominance thing over bigger dogs than him (which is almost every dog, except for the few ankle-biters).. He does this paw stomp with his front paws (kind've like a horse does) and bites the grass and throws it over his shoulder. He looks stupid as hell doing it, but it's hilarious (hard to look tough when he's got grass stuck all over his face).
    I think being territorial is a fairly common trait among dogs, especially males.

Seventeen is incredible! You were so lucky. I'm sorry for your loss of your previous dog. I know those feels. Before I met my fiancé, I had a chocolate Labrador. She was my world. I took her to school, work, she went every where. I took her on a walk one day and she was sluggish, she passed away two weeks later at only 8 years of age. I never got over that.
    When I think about our lost pets (in 40 years, two cats and two Cockers), the most comforting thoughts are that we provided them with good, loving homes, and that we'll see them again at Rainbow Bridge.

LOL! I just laughed so hard at that. Hey, I think it'd be pretty Dynamo to be even lifting at 90. I'd give up a months paycheck to watch some 90 year old in the gym lifting.
    As long as the deloading helps and propels you to be a 90 year old weight lifter, all the better (and you may gain several more followers by that point).
    None of us knows when our ticket will get punched, but I always thought it was a good idea to remain as active as possible up to that time.

Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post
    Since, I can't put my hands flat on the floor either, this is a great suggestion and it had never occurred to me. You are a very good problem solver!
    Hi, Denise! Give it a try; it may be just what you need.

And as far as being a good problem solver, it's maybe just because I've had so many problems to deal with over the years!

I hope you're well, young lady.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bill your squat deloads are work sets for a guy I know that's half your age that has been "training" for a couple years. Shows what dedication can do.
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000) SeaSiren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, Denise! Give it a try; it may be just what you need.

And as far as being a good problem solver, it's maybe just because I've had so many problems to deal with over the years!

I hope you're well, young lady.
    I hear ya! I'm doing ok I've figured out a few things, isolated movements are not my friend nor is anything high rep. Still working on banging something out that works and doesn't set anything off, lol

Originally Posted by THErunCMD View Post
    Bill your squat deloads are work sets for a guy I know that's half your age that has been "training" for a couple years. Shows what dedication can do.
    Thanks. I'm nobody special though, C, other than I'm just too hard-headed to quit.

Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post
    I hear ya! I'm doing ok I've figured out a few things, isolated movements are not my friend nor is anything high rep. Still working on banging something out that works and doesn't set anything off, lol
    It's good to hear you're still in the game. The way I see it, that's about 99% of the battle. The day we quit is the day we fall off a cliff.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just checking in to see whats going on Bill. Deload week, typical, lol.

Hope you're and yours are well. I'm spying a lot and and chipping in on the odd thread, but I just can't seem to find the time I used to have. On the bright side my training is going well though so I'm glad of that. Stay strong Bill, catch up soon.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Page 119 of 274 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 ... LastLast