Page 99 of 274 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 8191
    Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Solid session Bill. I feel your pain on the OHP. Sucker moves slow for sure.
    This guy knows...also, you were almost the same age as I am now when you joined this site. Crazy.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice session, strong work on all of it. Moving gravel doesn't sound like much of rest day to me unless it's with a dump truck and front loader .

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have gravel duty coming up as well. Yardio is the best GPP though

Nice work progressing the splits and a good WO all around.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Many, many times I see nutrition advices posted in the open forums touting super-strict menus, precise meal timings, juggling of carb amounts from day to day, etc., etc., etc (the reg O35 is notorious for such posts, often from posters with no avatars/stats/journals/no nothing). The problem with 99.99% of these posts is that they're directed at recreational trainees only looking to get a bit leaner, when, in fact, such extreme cut measures are appropriate only for contest-preparation, which is a whole 'nuther ballgame. What happens then, of course, is that said recreational trainee either gets discouraged early-on and doesn't reach his goal, or worse, never even tries at all because the supposed advice is simply too draconian to fit into the trainee's everyday RL schedule/responsibilities.
    Very well said. I recently "de-stressed" my nutrition planning and I've gotten bigger with fuller, stronger muscles - and I'm a lot happier.

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes I should definitely "de-stress" my nutrition.

Knew I could come here for inspiration. Was not feeling like lifting tonight after a long day where I missed my afternoon session. Thought about my own starting log and came here to check in on Bill. The regularity is amazing. Just finished squats and about to power through the rest of my routine!

Thanks for the motivation!

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    front squats coming up pairing them with split squat is asking for DOMS....close top reps across on OHP...great work Bill nice way to roll out the old year with a new week....Love crab cakes.....yummy stuff and great work as always....now go catch the bad guys....it like Gotham out there
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Nice numbers there ^^.

Need to get back into weighted chins, managed 6 reps with 35lbs the last time I was in, where as I could do around 66lbs for 4-5 (Neutral grip mind you) so def a drop in strength there.

I agree with you on the OHP being a stubborn lift, same for me, managed to hit (with the little help from a spotter lol so not quite) 62.5kg for 1 rep before xmas, so ~137lbs, need to progress on that this year big time.
    Thanks.

Chins are always a good measure of where you're at. Other than those stupid 'kips,' there's no way to cheat 'em; either you can get up to the bar or you can't.

Based on what I see posted in the 'exercises' forum, OHP is about the toughest lift to keep progressing on. And again, other than doing Push Presses, either the bar goes up or it doesn't.

Awesome food again, but I still dont see any vinegar for those big cut chips! (Fries). You have your sauce though, always a must .
    I tried malt vinegar on french fries the other day, and while I like the taste, it makes the fries soggy.

Solid session Bill. I feel your pain on the OHP. Sucker moves slow for sure.
    Thanks, Bake. Just not regressing is often a victory.

I'd really like to get 150 on OHP for a couple of reps (that was my initial goal when I brought them back into my roujtine last year), but realistically, I don't think it's going to happen. I'll just continue with what I can handle for 4-6 reps though, at least for a while longer.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Nice session, strong work on all of it. Moving gravel doesn't sound like much of rest day to me unless it's with a dump truck and front loader .
    Thanks, Tim.

If I can get off my butt and get moving, the gravel work shouldn't be a big deal; it's just spreading some where there already is some there.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    I have gravel duty coming up as well. Yardio is the best GPP though

Nice work progressing the splits and a good WO all around.
    Hey, Robert, thanks; I had a good day yesterday.

I agree with your assessment of yard work; it's good for the mind as well as the body, especially this time of year. It gets us out of the house for a while and out into fresh air---always a good thing.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Very well said. I recently "de-stressed" my nutrition planning and I've gotten bigger with fuller, stronger muscles - and I'm a lot happier.
    IMO, that's the better way to fit good nutrition into our everyday lives and schedules. When Spring comes back around, that might be the right time to tighten-up again.

Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Yes I should definitely "de-stress" my nutrition.
    We each need to find our own comfort level in regards to both training and nutrition. If we try to be something we aren't, it's not going to last over the long haul, and that's (the long haul) really what this is all about. There's a fine line that has to be found and followed to keep training and RL in balance.

Knew I could come here for inspiration. Was not feeling like lifting tonight after a long day where I missed my afternoon session. Thought about my own starting log and came here to check in on Bill. The regularity is amazing. Just finished squats and about to power through the rest of my routine!

Thanks for the motivation!
    If I'm a motivator for you and others here, then I know I'm doing something worthwhile in this journal.

Consistency is everything; every training session, every meal, isn't always going to be perfect, nor do they have to be. But we are required to put in as much effort as we're able to muster on the day. If we do that, everything else will take care of itself over time.

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    front squats coming up pairing them with split squat is asking for DOMS....close top reps across on OHP...great work Bill nice way to roll out the old year with a new week....
    Thanks, Ron; I had a good day yesterday, and the plan is to carry it right through the week.

Love crab cakes.....
    We try to eat seafood at least 3-4 meals per week; crab cakes make it pretty easy.

....now go catch the bad guys....it like Gotham out there
    This time of year, "fitness" and "fat-loss" spammers really step up their activity on this site, obviously to try to lure unknowledgeable posters into throwing their $$$ away on bogus plans, diets, and 'fat loss' pills and potions. It's a constant battle to clear the forums of their garbage, but it's a worthy pursuit. I despise those who would dupe gullible beginners into wasting their money and effort to improve themselves, and I have equal disdain for individuals who think they can use these forums as their personal classified ads to scam people. For me, it's a refreshing change to be able to actually blast these asshats with the banhammer rather than just having to pass them by.

Did I mention that I hate spammers?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This time of year, "fitness" and "fat-loss" spammers really step up their activity on this site, obviously to try to lure unknowledgeable posters into throwing their $$$ away on bogus plans, diets, and 'fat loss' pills and potions. It's a constant battle to clear the forums of their garbage, but it's a worthy pursuit. I despise those who would dupe gullible beginners into wasting their money and effort to improve themselves, and I have equal disdain for individuals who think they can use these forums as their personal classified ads to scam people. For me, it's a refreshing change to be able to actually blast these asshats with the banhammer rather than just having to pass them by.

Did I mention that I hate spammers?
    I despise the laser fat loss industry......they use a laser to heat up your fat and liquefy it in the cells then they remeasure you and tell you that you lost X inches....and people pay big money for that procedure....I guess they've never seen butter melt then re harden when cooled down....I also guess they don't ask themselves where would my fat go after being heated up???? a part of the Chiropractic/Urban Voodoo market
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    I despise the laser fat loss industry......they use a laser to heat up your fat and liquefy it in the cells then they remeasure you and tell you that you lost X inches....and people pay big money for that procedure....I guess they've never seen butter melt then re harden when cooled down....I also guess they don't ask themselves where would my fat go after being heated up???? a part of the Chiropractic/Urban Voodoo market
    I think that's the latest in a long line of scam 'procedures' to remove body fat. Remember the 'body wrap' deal from about 10 years ago? They'd wrap you in saran wrap for a couple of hours, causing a temporary loss of water weight and a "reshape" that would revert back to normal after a couple of hours.

smh...............
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Thanks.

I tried malt vinegar on french fries the other day, and while I like the taste, it makes the fries soggy.
    How much did you use!? lol yea I guess thats one downside, least you tried it and liked it for the most part.
    Eat the damn yolk.

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd really like to get 150 on OHP for a couple of reps (that was my initial goal when I brought them back into my roujtine last year), but realistically, I don't think it's going to happen. I'll just continue with what I can handle for 4-6 reps though, at least for a while longer.
    That lift is so stubborn (for most everyone), maybe it needs a ramping pattern a little different than other lifts. (?)

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    How much did you use!? lol yea I guess thats one downside, least you tried it and liked it for the most part.
    I put enough on there to taste it, but it takes the crispness out of the fries. I'll use it on other stuff though, like fish and veggies.

Originally Posted by BeauFlexington View Post
    That lift is so stubborn (for most everyone), maybe it needs a ramping pattern a little different than other lifts. (?)
    Indeed it is, Beau. Before the 3x5 straight sets I'm using now, I was ramping up. I stalled, and couldn't break through even after repeated resets, so I switched to the scheme I'm using now. I'm probably knocking on the door of another stall, but I like the lift enough to just keep hammering away at it. I have a feeling that my days of being able to lift a bar overhead safely (hand/wrist Arthritis) are numbered, so I'm going to get all out of the lift that I can until then.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think that's the latest in a long line of scam 'procedures' to remove body fat. Remember the 'body wrap' deal from about 10 years ago? They'd wrap you in saran wrap for a couple of hours, causing a temporary loss of water weight and a "reshape" that would revert back to normal after a couple of hours.

smh...............
    The wrap has been making its way across my ******** page the last few weeks. I generally just ignore it. I learned my lesson many years ago to just keep my comments to myself.

The other one I really enjoy is the electric belt that comes out every few years.

I could go on but it your journal lol.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000) BeauFlexington is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I put enough on there to taste it, but it takes the crispness out of the fries. I'll use it on other stuff though, like fish and veggies.
    I reckon stirring it into mayonaisse would get the flavour, w/out the sogginess, and be a great dietary fat. Similar principle to an olive oil/vinegar salad dressing, except w/ egg fat replacing the oil. ―\_(ツ)_/―

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ketchup or ranch for fries... #Merica
    OG

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good session Bill. Happy New Year.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happy New Year Bill
    Thanks for all the information and help you provided all of us throughout the year!
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

The wrap has been making its way across my ******** page the last few weeks. I generally just ignore it. I learned my lesson many years ago to just keep my comments to myself.

The other one I really enjoy is the electric belt that comes out every few years.

I could go on but it your journal lol.
    Lulz. It never ceases to amaze me, the lengths some people will go to, and $$$ spent, by those in search of shortcuts, and their total lack of common sense in evaluating the products/methods being touted.

One thing that doesn't amaze me is the large number of ganefs always ready to take advantage of these knuckleheads----easy pickings.

Originally Posted by BeauFlexington View Post
    I reckon stirring it into mayonaisse would get the flavour, w/out the sogginess, and be a great dietary fat. Similar principle to an olive oil/vinegar salad dressing, except w/ egg fat replacing the oil. ―\_(ツ)_/―
    That's worth a try, Beau.

And mayo, on it's own, is a tasty condiment that doesn't often get it's due. A turkey or chicken sammich without mayo is like like a day without sunshine!

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    ketchup or ranch for fries... #Merica
    Yep; ketchup is always a good choice. I usually use it on french fries about half the time, and the other, just some salt.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Good session Bill. Happy New Year.
    Thanks, Dave; I had a good day.

Happy New year to you too!

Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    Happy New Year Bill
    Thanks for all the information and help you provided all of us throughout the year!
    YW, and I appreciate the comment.

While moderating takes time away that I formerly spent in the journals and posting in the open forums, I feel like what I'm doing now is helping to make this a better site overall, for everyone.

Happy New Year to you too, brother.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V3.0

Kept the ball rolling with a good session today. Picked up a tough rep, added some iron, and had an overall productive and enjoyable time in the gym. Today's training was:

Barbell Lunge
    bar x5 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    185x5 W/U
    225x6
    225x5
    225x5

T-Bar Row PWO
    100x10 W/U
    180x6 heh-vee
    180x5
    180x5

Smith Machine Flat Press
    95x10 W/U
    135x10
    185x10
    225x5

Completed the work in a little less than an hour. Colder than a brass monkey in January outside today, and not much warmer than that in the gym.

I had previously decided to work on bumping up the reps on Lunges this time aaround instead of just adding more weight. The new goal will be 3x6 and when I attain that one, I'll bump it to 3x7 and so on. I don't know how long I'll continue in that vein; I know eventually, heavier weight will start calling me again, and I won't be able to resist going back to heavy triples.

Bumped T-Bar load up substantially, and wound up right where I wanted to be--around 6 reps. I'll work these at 3x6, adding weight whenever I can get those reps-across. I really felt these right where I should have---in the middle of my upper back.

Flats didn't progress, but my shoulder was okay with it, so I'm good for now. I'm cautiously working my way up to 10-reps across on these, or at least to the extent my shoulder will allow me to go with them.

That's it for today. Football on TV tomorrow, then back in here on Friday, hopefully with a report that I hit 5 reps on Deads for a change.

Post-WorkOut meal was a tasty plate of chicken, veggies, and egg noodles cooked in a thick, chicken-based sauce, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I have a landmine now as you know and I'm starting to try and add in tbar rows regularly now however I've never really used them before on any sort of regular basis. Any tips? I've been trying to keep my back fairly parallel to the floor like pendlay rows I guess and like your pics, it seems 25's are the way to go with these. You seem to be a bit more upright in your pic here and that seems like it would give a better range of motion. Is standing a bit straighter up a better way to perform these or does it come down to personal preference?
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way to close the year out Bill, Happy New Year
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very nice work Bill. That's a great way to end out the year. 180 tbar is heavy, those give me a leg pump just standing in that position . I'm going to go back to those barbell TBars for a while. I was just finding a nice groove on the chest supported tbar and a weld broke so it's oos. I think I like the barbell version better but my only option at the gym is the v grip handle which doesn't seem to hit the center of the back as much as the outer back. I could always bring my own chain and clip and use a lay pull down bar....

It's cold here too I believe we were at -2 with the windchill...
    Happy new year.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    So I have a landmine now as you know and I'm starting to try and add in tbar rows regularly now however I've never really used them before on any sort of regular basis. Any tips? I've been trying to keep my back fairly parallel to the floor like pendlay rows I guess and like your pics, it seems 25's are the way to go with these. You seem to be a bit more upright in your pic here and that seems like it would give a better range of motion.

Is standing a bit straighter up a better way to perform these or does it come down to personal preference?
    It's a matter of where you feel the exercise working, and then adjusting your body position to feel the work where you want it to go. I've found that, for me, keeping my back at about a 45 degree angle puts the work right between my shoulder blades where I want it.

Do some high-rep experimenting to see how you're able to shift the point of emphasis by changing body position. You might not be able to feel any real difference at first, but eventually, MMC becomes more developed, and fine-tuning exercises becomes possible.

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    Way to close the year out Bill, Happy New Year
    Thanks, Ryan; I had a good day.

Happy New Year to you too.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Very nice work Bill. That's a great way to end out the year. 180 tbar is heavy, those give me a leg pump just standing in that position . I'm going to go back to those barbell TBars for a while. I was just finding a nice groove on the chest supported tbar and a weld broke so it's oos. I think I like the barbell version better but my only option at the gym is the v grip handle which doesn't seem to hit the center of the back as much as the outer back.

I could always bring my own chain and clip and use a lay pull down bar....
    Thanks, Tim. I had a good session yesterday.

If you can bring a chain and snap hook into your gym, by all means, do that.

It's cold here too I believe we were at -2 with the windchill...
    Happy new year.
    Not quite that cold here, but still the coldest day of this Winter so far.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happy New Year, Bill!
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Happy New Year, Bill!
    Hey, Bob! Happy New year to you too!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happy new year!

As always, very impressed with the lunges.
    Its not enough!

Originally Posted by Tmax55 View Post
    Happy new year!

As always, very impressed with the lunges.
    Thanks, T, and Happy New year to you too!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Picked up a tough rep, added some iron, and had an overall productive and enjoyable time in the gym.
    Happy New Year Bill. And may the above be the story of the whole of 2015!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Happy New Year Bill. And may the above be the story of the whole of 2015!
    Happy New Year to you too, Flounder.

Here's to a great 2015!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happy New Year, IW! Thanks for everything you bring to the site.
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Page 99 of 274 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 199 ... LastLast