Thread: Weight gone up

gangsta774 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight gone up

Hi, so i included weight lifting in my workouts. 2 days ago i started weight lifting, i weighed myself today and i went up by 1 Lb. Why is this? When i was just doing cardio alone i would lose between 1-2 Lbs a week? I'm still eating the same foods when i was just doing cardio alone. Really frustrating to see my weight go up. I'm on a calorie deficit. Should i go back to doing cardio on its own? Thanks.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol you went up 1 pound and your making a thread about it... mate I go up 2 pounds if I havent had my morning chit...

chill out brah, you may have more glycogen as you didnt burn it all on cardio, you might be retaining more water, you might be just about anything. Reacting from 2 day results or even 1 week results is just going to drive you nuts. Base your results over 2-3+ week results.

Originally Posted by Womble619 View Post
    lol you went up 1 pound and your making a thread about it... mate I go up 2 pounds if I havent had my morning chit...

chill out brah, you may have more glycogen as you didnt burn it all on cardio, you might be retaining more water, you might be just about anything. Reacting from 2 day results or even 1 week results is just going to drive you nuts. Base your results over 2-3+ week results.
    Thanks.

Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000) Womble619 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i know how you are feeling brah.. I was once a begginner cutting.. you react!

If the scales moved up instead of down I would just... react! I would panic.. cut calories.. make threads.. many people get like this when they are in there early super motivated days.

This is a long term thing and you need to take a step back and realise your weight naturally fluctuates on a regular.
    Anyway.. best of luck pal!

i know how you are feeling brah.. I was once a begginner cutting.. you react!

If the scales moved up instead of down I would just... react! I would panic.. cut calories.. make threads.. many people get like this when they are in there early super motivated days.

This is a long term thing and you need to take a step back and realise your weight naturally fluctuates on a regular.
    Anyway.. best of luck pal!
    Im not a beginner cutting. i've lost 30 Lbs so far by just doing cardio. All i've done now is added weight lifting and i'm still doing cardio. So far its been 2 days and my weights gone up by 1 lb?

Originally Posted by gangsta774 View Post
    Im not a beginner cutting. i've lost 30 Lbs so far by just doing cardio. All i've done now is added weight lifting and i'm still doing cardio. So far its been 2 days and my weights gone up by 1 lb?
    you are a begginner... you are asking about a 1lb fluctuation in 2 days and getting emotional about it.. you are a begginner..

You have only lost 30 pounds? great! thats because this is your first real cut.. some have been cutting and bulking for years! you are a begginner..

you have lost your weight doing only cardio and you have been losing 1-2 pounds a week.. you are a begginner.

Losing 30 pounds is great and all, but you are very much still a begginner.. I am not trying to put you down, but you need a reality check.. you cannot call yourself anything other than a begginner when you get emotionally frustrated at the most minor weight fluctuation and cannot understand why. If you wasnt a begginner you would know why.

Maximizing Potential brandonbourgoin's Avatar
    brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brandonbourgoin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stop weighing yourself daily if you become obsessive over it. Your body fluctuates in waterweight by pounds daily. Go for once a week or biweekly for most accurate results.
    My 70LB+ Weight Loss Pics - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163257811
    Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164577071&pagenumber=
    ~~SCC{{25;26;27;28;29}}~~

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brandonbourgoin View Post
    Stop weighing yourself daily if you become obsessive over it. Your body fluctuates in waterweight by pounds daily. Go for once a week or biweekly for most accurate results.
    pretty much this. Even if you are in a deficit you will go up and down. Its not like if you are in a deficit the scale moves down forcefully constantly.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

you are a begginner... you are asking about a 1lb fluctuation in 2 days and getting emotional about it.. you are a begginner..

You have only lost 30 pounds? great! thats because this is your first real cut.. some have been cutting and bulking for years! you are a begginner..

you have lost your weight doing only cardio and you have been losing 1-2 pounds a week.. you are a begginner.

Losing 30 pounds is great and all, but you are very much still a begginner.. I am not trying to put you down, but you need a reality check.. you cannot call yourself anything other than a begginner when you get emotionally frustrated at the most minor weight fluctuation and cannot understand why. If you wasnt a begginner you would know why.
    Ok i understand what your trying to say. So the 1 Lb i've gained isn't fat and should go in a few days?

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hi, so i included weight lifting in my workouts. 2 days ago i started weight lifting, i weighed myself today and i went up by 1 Lb. Why is this? When i was just doing cardio alone i would lose between 1-2 Lbs a week? I'm still eating the same foods when i was just doing cardio alone. Really frustrating to see my weight go up. I'm on a calorie deficit. Should i go back to doing cardio on its own? Thanks.
    If you are upset about a pound increase stay on the cardio until you are near your goal weight. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago after I started hitting the weights hard.

I had lost 26 lbs relatively easily. They started training my back hard which is probably my strongest bodypart.and went from 196--197.

I wouldnt worry about small increases. Be worried about the size of your waist. And youll be fine. If I told you a man was 6 1" tall and weighed 215 lbs with a 29" waist. You know that guy isnt fat He is built.

So as long as your waist size is moving in the right direction. The scales mean nothing. That said only weigh yourself once a week on reliable scale on the same spot. And stay positive.
    Last edited by sentinel3; 10-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.

noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10) noobydooby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude weigh yourself once a week, same day, same time. i suggest morning, right after peeing. you gonna go insane with this chit. 1lb fluctuation is nothing. could be caused by earth's location in proximity to the moon, sun or passing asteroid.

i am 2lbs lighter in the morning than the night before, after peeing.

Originally Posted by sentinel3 View Post
    If you are upset about a pound increase stay on the cardio until you are near your goal weight. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago after I started hitting the weights hard.

I had lost 26 lbs relatively easily. They started training my back hard which is probably my strongest bodypart.and went from 196--197.

I wouldnt worry about small increases. Be worried about the size of your waist. And youll be fine. If I told you a man was 6 1" tall and weighed 215 lbs with a 29" waist. You know that guy isnt fat He is built.

So as long as your waist size is moving in the right direction. The scales mean nothing. That said only weigh yourself once a week on reliable scale on the same spot. And stay positive.
    So why does the weight go up whenever you do weight lifting and cardio when on a calorie deficit? I was losing 1-2 Lbs every week once i was just doing cardio alone? People have told me to start weight lifting with cardio and stay on a calorie deficit to maintain the muscle i have on me now and lose fat?

KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KeepGoin214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So why does the weight go up whenever you do weight lifting and cardio when on a calorie deficit? I was losing 1-2 Lbs every week once i was just doing cardio alone? People have told me to start weight lifting with cardio and stay on a calorie deficit to maintain the muscle i have on me now and lose fat?
    It could just b water. Or you haven't peed or taken a dump yet.
    Like others have said, weight naturally fluctuates sometimes even up to 3 lbs on a daily basis. I wouldn't worry about a pound.
    If next week you gain like 2 or 3 the maybe I'd worry about it.

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)
    The idea is to keep your body supplied with protein. Your body can do most functions on your fat stores but not all. And if your diet doesnt have a sufficient supply of protein. It will attack the muscle tissue resulting in lost size.

So if you are doing basic maintainance work, and aerobic work. With enough protein in your diet. You should lose body fat without sacrificing muscle mass.

If however you are training hard and taking in alot of protein. You could be gaining muscle mass at the same time youre losing fat.

That is why your waist size will be your ultimate indicator of whats really happening. But again one pound is too little to be concerned about. Give it a few months.
    Last edited by sentinel3; 10-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.