anisia25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Help, nothing works on me:(

Hello Ladies,

I never had any issues with loosing weight until I turned 30 and stopped taking the pill.
    It's been over a year and no matter what I do I am unable to loose weight.

My daily calorie requirement is about 2000kcal, I work in the office, I work out 5-6 times a week. 3 times strength exercises with my PT and 2-3 times cardio. I burn around 400-600 kcal during my workouts.
    I am on Cyclical Ketogenic Diet.
    I eat very clean, I use no sugar, no sweeteners. I drink only water and black coffee. I eat about 1500kcal a day. In three weeks my weight hasn't moved at all nor I have lost any measurements. I am extremely frustrated!!!!

I even once stopped eating for three weeks [I only had one small meal a day] and I haven't lost anything.

My blood & thyroid results are good.
    I have no food allergy and did a complete liver detox for 6 weeks last week. And nothing.

I feel like giving up, but I know it will even get worse. I am 65kg, which is the heaviest I have ever been!

Here is an example of my daily food:

I wake up at 5.50 and go to the gym.
    8.20 I have black coffee with 10-20 gram of grass fed butter + 10g of coconut oil
    12.30 lunch about 130g of either chicken breast, grass fed beef or fish with 10g of grass fed butter + some vegetables [I don't go above 25g carbs in total for the day] + gram of almonds
    18.00 dinner would be like lunch

In total I have 65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs.

Why am I not loosing any weight?

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if your weight has been stable for the past year, you've been eating maintenance calories.

how do you track what you eat? the only way to be accurate is to WEIGH EVERYTHING - meats, vegetables, nuts, butters, oils, sauces etc. - you eat on a digital kitchen scale and log it into an accurate online calorie calculator (one where you've preferably entered all the data yourself).

'about' is not accurate enough. fat especially is so dense in energy and easy to overconsume that you can't afford not to weigh it to the gram. 10 grams of butter has ~75 calories while 20 grams of butter has ~150 calories. if you estimate you're 'somewhere in between' and consume it several times a day, butter alone can easily throw you off by 150-250 calories. and if you do refeeds, you need to make sure your weekly average is in a deficit - otherwise you're spinning your wheels.

it doesn't matter what percentage any of the macronutrients makes up. %s are meaningless; the body's needs are measured in grams based on weight, level of leanness, level of activity, etc. read THIS STICKY for more info.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) healthse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    losing weight seems so easy on a board- your calorie intake should be lower than your calorie consumption
    but in practical life,it is not that simple
    many factors affect this
    well it is not your diet,its almost perfect,very clean
    but sometimes genetics play a major factor too in the body's composition & its inability to lose fat
    lf you want to try a fat burner,try lipo-6 caps.
    i have suggested these in my gym & saw noticable results

Originally Posted by anisia25 View Post
    Hello Ladies,

I never had any issues with loosing weight until I turned 30 and stopped taking the pill.

My daily calorie requirement is about 2000kcal, I work in the office, I work out 5-6 times a week. 3 times strength exercises with my PT and 2-3 times cardio. I burn around 400-600 kcal during my workouts.
    I eat very clean, I use no sugar, no sweeteners. I drink only water and black coffee. I eat about 1500kcal a day. In three weeks my weight hasn't moved at all nor I have lost any measurements. I am extremely frustrated!!!!

I even once stopped eating for three weeks [I only had one small meal a day] and I haven't lost anything.

I have no food allergy and did a complete liver detox for 6 weeks last week. And nothing.

I feel like giving up, but I know it will even get worse. I am 65kg, which is the heaviest I have ever been!

8.20 I have black coffee with 10-20 gram of grass fed butter + 10g of coconut oil
    12.30 lunch about 130g of either chicken breast, grass fed beef or fish with 10g of grass fed butter + some vegetables [I don't go above 25g carbs in total for the day] + gram of almonds

I am Nitish - a fitness enthusiast and a big Gym freak. I am correctly writing fitness and bodybuilding tips for WorkoutTrends.com - the health and fitness magazine.

Favorite Quotes:
    "Do not ignore your weakest muscle groups coz' you're only as strong as your weakest link.”
    "Train insane or remain the same!!"

pfeifern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Ladies,

I had the same issues and frustration during the summer. I got honest with myself and started using a tracking app on my phone and weighing/measuring ALL my food. The first app I used was My Net Diary and I got my calorie and macro information from IIFYM.com. Then it was suggested to me to use an app called The Nutritionist which has been created by bb.com's Kelechi Opara. I've had some ups and downs with weight loss (I have hypothyroidism) but Mr. Opara has answered my questions when he can and I've stuck with it. I've lost 7 lbs since the end of August 2013 - it's not been perfect, I'm still tweaking - but it IS WORKING. My advice is to measure your food.

larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you might be gaining muscle too, from the training ever thought about that?
    Ok, now he was close
    Tried to domesticate you
    But you're an animal
    Baby, it's in your nature

Meow!

nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nycag04 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    if your weight has been stable for the past year, you've been eating maintenance calories.

how do you track what you eat? the only way to be accurate is to WEIGH EVERYTHING - meats, vegetables, nuts, butters, oils, sauces etc. - you eat on a digital kitchen scale and log it into an accurate online calorie calculator (one where you've preferably entered all the data yourself).

'about' is not accurate enough. fat especially is so dense in energy and easy to overconsume that you can't afford not to weigh it to the gram. 10 grams of butter has ~75 calories while 20 grams of butter has ~150 calories. if you estimate you're 'somewhere in between' and consume it several times a day, butter alone can easily throw you off by 150-250 calories. and if you do refeeds, you need to make sure your weekly average is in a deficit - otherwise you're spinning your wheels.

it doesn't matter what percentage any of the macronutrients makes up. %s are meaningless; the body's needs are measured in grams based on weight, level of leanness, level of activity, etc. read THIS STICKY for more info.
    It's as simple as this, fortunately or unfortunately!

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by healthse View Post
    losing weight seems so easy on a board- your calorie intake should be lower than your calorie consumption
    but in practical life,it is not that simple
    many factors affect this
    well it is not your diet,its almost perfect,very clean
    but sometimes genetics play a major factor too in the body's composition & its inability to lose fat
    lf you want to try a fat burner,try lipo-6 caps.
    i have suggested these in my gym & saw noticable results
    It actually is that simple. If you are eating fewer calories than you consume, the body has to use stored fat for energy. Something is off in the OP's tracking.

Also 'clean' has nothing to do with fat loss. If 'clean' foods magically prevent weight gain, the pros wouldn't bulk on chicken breast and rice.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by superja View Post
    It actually is that simple. If you are eating fewer calories than you consume, the body has to use stored fat for energy. Something is off in the OP's tracking.

Also 'clean' has nothing to do with fat loss. If 'clean' foods magically prevent weight gain, the pros wouldn't bulk on chicken breast and rice.
    ...and yup again.

I really think it comes down to people not being able to discern water fluctuations from true fat loss or gain...

Sure, if I eat "dirty"...say a brownie or two (still below my maintenance calories) I'll gain weight (some would believe it to be fat) because I've eaten more carbs that I typically do and I'll hold more water. Same if I eat a steak (sodium). And then I'll drop that water over a few days.

I think the only reason people believe that "eating clean" magically works is because water fluctuations tend to be minimized a bit because its easier to stay at a relatively constant carb/sodium/calorie intake whereas eating things like candy bars and bags of chips tend to blow those macros out the water fairly quickly....
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Check out this link. There is a book you can buy if you want more info just message me.

http://www.leighpeele.com/starvation-mode

Thanks everyone.
    So, I have a digital scale and I weight EVERYTHING. Abso-effyn-lutely everything that I am putting into my mouth and I have a spreadsheet where I am writing down everything.
    I read a few threads and am wondering maybe I am not eating enough? I have decided to up my calories to 1800 and see what happens.
    If I was gaining muscle my measurements would change, but they are not changing at all

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a digital scale and I weight EVERYTHING. Abso-effyn-lutely everything that I am putting into my mouth and I have a spreadsheet where I am writing down everything.
    do you just write them down, or do you plug the numbers into a calculator? big difference.

I read a few threads and am wondering maybe I am not eating enough? I have decided to up my calories to 1800 and see what happens.
    If I was gaining muscle my measurements would change, but they are not changing at all
    you can't gain muscle on a CKD. how often do you refeed?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks everyone.
    So, I have a digital scale and I weight EVERYTHING. Abso-effyn-lutely everything that I am putting into my mouth and I have a spreadsheet where I am writing down everything.
    Are you eating back the calories you think you're burning during your work outs? If so, stop. There's no way to know exactly how many cals you're burning.
    Also, how long have you been dieting for? Have you lost any weight?
    And just so you know, you won't be gaining any muscle while eating at a deficit, to build you need to be eating slightly above maintenance calories.
    If you haven't already I suggest reading the Sticky on calculating calories and macros.

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    do you just write them down, or do you plug the numbers into a calculator? big difference.

Of course I calculate. For example today I had: 1743kcal, Protein 129g, Fat 125g, Carbs 12g

you can't gain muscle on a CKD. how often do you refeed?
    Do you mean carb up? I used to every week for about 30 hours. So from Friday arvo until Saturday midnight.

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Are you eating back the calories you think you're burning during your work outs? If so, stop. There's no way to know exactly how many cals you're burning.
    Also, how long have you been dieting for? Have you lost any weight?
    And just so you know, you won't be gaining any muscle while eating at a deficit, to build you need to be eating slightly above maintenance calories.
    If you haven't already I suggest reading the Sticky on calculating calories and macros.

Thanks. My TEE is 2361kcal so deduction of 20% gives me 1888 kcal

This is the fourth week that I have been strict in my diet and haven't seen any results yet.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just off the top of my head, there are a few things that stand out with this that might be throwing you off.

How do you know how much you burn during your workouts? Heart rate monitors are not entirely accurate, and the machines at the gym are WAAAY off.
    CKD is probably not the best choice to maximize workout energy.
    Eating very clean, avoiding sugar, etc does not do anything for weight loss. You simply have to eat less than you burn.
    Eating at 1500 calories for 3 weeks with no loss yet after maintaining on 2000 calories could indicate a couple things - something is off in how you are counting calories, or between female cycle and CKD your water is fluctuating and masking any loss you may have achieved.

Do not count the calories you burn during exercise and use them to calculate how much you eat per day. Simply pick one static number for maintenance (if it is 2000, so be it) and eat 1500 calories every day. Not sure whether you are eating back exercise calories or not.

How long have you been doing CKD with no results? If it's not working for you, try something else?
    If I were you, I'd eat 130g protein, 60g fat, 100g protein...or there abouts. That's around 1450 calories.

WAIT - did I read correctly that you fasted for 3 weeks and you are claiming to have not lost weight in that time?

And liver detox? That's a scam designed for ignorant people. Livers detox themselves.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Do you mean carb up? I used to every week for about 30 hours. So from Friday arvo until Saturday midnight.
    could you explain a bit clearer what you are doing?

when did you stop doing refeeds, and are/were they part of your diet when you couldn't lose weight?
    how many calories did you consume during the refeed? friday to sunday is three days out of a week. if you overeat during that period, you can easily throw out your deficit.

the numbers you give are all over the place. in the OP, you say your maintenance is 'about 2,000' and later you say it's 2,361. then you say you eat 'about 1,500' and come up with an example (where your math doesn't add up) of 1,743 calories . do you count 'net' carbs or totals btw?

so - do you maintain on 2,000 or 2,400 calories? do you eat 1,500 or 1,750 calories? your deficit could be as small as 250 and as large as 900 calories. do you eat at a deficit seven days a week or four days a week (refeed)?

you're not consistent with what you're doing. i suggest you read the sticky on how to calculate your calories in this section. calculate a solid deficit number and keep at it. do not dial your maintenance up or down.

i'd also stop doing CKD. you cannot do keto indefinitely without refeeds at least once every ~2 weeks. and refeeds can throw you out of your deficit if you don't know how to do them properly.
    Last edited by Miranda; 10-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.