Thread: Breakfast

5884 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breakfast

Tried to do a search to answer my own question but the board is acting up, so...
    My work schedule is such that I'm out the door wayyyyyyyy early. I grab a Clif bar and choke it down with 8 oz 2% milk. This is mostly out of convenience to get something in my stomach (I'm always hungry in the mornings) while on my way out of the house. Later in the morning I'll start several of my daily mini-meals.
    Any advice whether this is good or bad early AM nutrition ?
    And any other suggestions about quick food on the go ??

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Learn to prepare your food the night before instead of waiting until the morning. This way you can just get up/scarf it down the same way as you are currently doing.

Registered User Death From Above's Avatar
    Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Death From Above is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    something i do is buy the ziploc mircowaveable bowls, put 1 cup of oats, 1 scoop protein powder, 6 shakes of cinnamon, 1 packet splenda. Takes literally 10 seconds to put water in, then mircowave for 2 minutes. Extrmely fast and a very well rounded breakfast

Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000) Kevie Kev is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is considered way early?

Im up and eating breakfast at 5:00. Takes me like 5 minutes to make my oatmeal

5884 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kevie Kev View Post
    What is considered way early?
    2 AM. The rest of my day's meals are ready to go the night before, so getting up is just a matter of getting dressed, throwing those prepared lunch & snacks into the cooler, and eating the Clif bar and milk on the road. About 90 minutes later I'll have a bowl of cereal (Smart Start). I might try Zach's microwaveable bowl of oats in place of the cereal.
    Last edited by 5884; 02-22-2007 at 06:35 PM.

OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you get something into you that should be okay.

When I have to get up really early for work I have a pre-prepared blended milk and banana shake and my breakfast a couple of hours later.

There are no excuses to not having something prepared though, you could always blend up oats, milk, PB, whey etc the night before and chug that on your way to work.

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 5884 View Post
    Tried to do a search to answer my own question but the board is acting up, so...
    My work schedule is such that I'm out the door wayyyyyyyy early. I grab a Clif bar and choke it down with 8 oz 2% milk. This is mostly out of convenience to get something in my stomach (I'm always hungry in the mornings) while on my way out of the house. Later in the morning I'll start several of my daily mini-meals.
    Any advice whether this is good or bad early AM nutrition ?
    And any other suggestions about quick food on the go ??
    I would grab food thats easy to eat in the car. A protein shake is great. Grab some oatmeal. If mix with water to make a paste it's really easy to eat. Or find something to prepare the night before.
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com