Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ribbed for her pleasure. GarthVader's Avatar
    GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by unbesiegt View Post
    Routine looks solid man and i might have to give this a try! One thing that worry's me is not recovering in time, and possible over training. Have you gone through either of these in your cycles? Thanks!
    You got nothing to worry about man. Trust me.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Boston Bruins, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC.

Check out my landscape oil paintings. https://www.happypaintingsbycraig.com

Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, where are you mein?

GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GarthVader has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GOAT routine. Very customizable. It's my go to routine now.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Miki95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GarthVader View Post
    GOAT routine. Very customizable. It's my go to routine now.
    What is that? Where to check it?

Originally Posted by Miki95 View Post
    What is that? Where to check it?
    I just modified the routine from the OP. I have it on my laptop. I'll post it up later.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

I just modified the routine from the OP. I have it on my laptop. I'll post it up later.
    go go go go

Originally Posted by Miki95 View Post
    go go go go

for the big 4 you can do 5/3/1 or 8/6/3. I've done both. Personally, I prefer 5/3/1. Check the OP in my log for the link to those programs. Log is in sig.

The reason the leg exercises are what they are is because of the equipment I had available at the time I made the program. Use what you have but muscle group workouts are the idea.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anyone think a beginner could use this fine or wait till intermediate
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

Originally Posted by Mehhzyy View Post
    anyone think a beginner could use this fine or wait till intermediate
    Sure. Just start out light. Don't kill yourself. Be patient and listen to your body. If you're following OPs routine, volume shouldn't be an issue. If you're talking about the routine above, take it down to 3 sets instead of 4 until you're ready to move on to 4 sets.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, its been a long time since I've been on this site. I'm so glad everyone has gotten something out of this routine. Garth has done exactly what people should do with this "routine" and that's modify it to suit individual needs.

I personally dont use this routine anymore for myself purely because my goals have changed completely (powerlifting) but this is still my go to routine for early to late intermediates with different exercises for different people depending on weaknesses and such.

Garth mentioned 8/6/3 instead of 5/3/1 with more volume on accessory work. If you have a high volume tolerance then that too works. I posted up (on another thread maybe) about trying the same routine with slightly higher reps and lower intensities for a volume/accumulation block and less movement specific accessory and extra "fluff" work to balance out the physique of an individual.

Remember, this is not a program, and you shouldn't repeat this exact layout once you've finished a cycle because it wont work forever. But the general layout and guidelines are solid, and I would continue to use them until you get bored of the layout haha.

Good luck everyone

.... Jesus I haven't updated those sig numbers in a long time
    Bench Press: 142.5kg
    OHP: 102.5kg
    Deadlift: 222.5kg
    Squat: 187.5kg
    @ 76kg

Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mehhzyy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BL17 View Post
    Wow, its been a long time since I've been on this site. I'm so glad everyone has gotten something out of this routine. Garth has done exactly what people should do with this "routine" and that's modify it to suit individual needs.

I personally dont use this routine anymore for myself purely because my goals have changed completely (powerlifting) but this is still my go to routine for early to late intermediates with different exercises for different people depending on weaknesses and such.

Garth mentioned 8/6/3 instead of 5/3/1 with more volume on accessory work. If you have a high volume tolerance then that too works. I posted up (on another thread maybe) about trying the same routine with slightly higher reps and lower intensities for a volume/accumulation block and less movement specific accessory and extra "fluff" work to balance out the physique of an individual.

Remember, this is not a program, and you shouldn't repeat this exact layout once you've finished a cycle because it wont work forever. But the general layout and guidelines are solid, and I would continue to use them until you get bored of the layout haha.

Good luck everyone

.... Jesus I haven't updated those sig numbers in a long time
    Hey man. Great physique! You're huge at 173lbs, I'm the same height and I'm aiming for 160. Haha
    ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ I was part of the 2016 Ultra Thread Crew ♪ (‿ˠ‿)
    ASOT Crew

BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BL17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mehhzyy View Post
    Hey man. Great physique! You're huge at 173lbs, I'm the same height and I'm aiming for 160. Haha
    Thankyou man, its been a long time since I've updated anything on here. I'm no longer the weight I was as I've had to get into the 74kg weight class for powerlifting. But I normally sit around 78kg so I'm not too far from competition weight. 160/72kg is a good goal man, took me a while to get there lean for sure. Good luck!
    @ 76kg

kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey BL17!
    I really like your program but unfortunately I don't have the time nor the stats to go on a 5 day Hybrid Routine.
    Are there any 3 or 4 day hybrid programs that you can recommend? I'm a football player so I'm more into strength than mass but I like the concept of addressing both in one program.
    I was thinking of sth. like PHUL. What would you recommend?
    Basic Football / Sports Training Guide:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172545001

Train smart.

Originally Posted by kingmode View Post
    Hey BL17!
    I really like your program but unfortunately I don't have the time nor the stats to go on a 5 day Hybrid Routine.
    Are there any 3 or 4 day hybrid programs that you can recommend? I'm a football player so I'm more into strength than mass but I like the concept of addressing both in one program.
    I was thinking of sth. like PHUL. What would you recommend?
    Hey man. Somebody posted a 4 day UL earlier in this thread that looked good. I cant tell you whether PHUL is any good because I haven't tried it HOWEVER if you like the look of it, and you can honestly say to yourself, I can make it to the gym and hit these workouts that are layed out then that program will work very well for you.

I know this gets parroted a lot by many people but it still holds true, every program that has been written will give you results PROVIDING you are consistent and it follows the principles of Prilepins Chart (look it up if you've never seen it) which is basically a table of guidelines that tells you what rep range/volume to use for each individual application of training. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

I dont do "splits" anymore unless I'm in my offseason (PLing offseason, not a BB one) as its less specific for me. I train 4 days a week currently on a full body based pgm but it changes every week (volume and intensity wise) depending on how close to competition I am.

I haven't looked at 5/3/1 specifically for a while but that is strength based and 4 days a week and it works for many that are consistent. So find one that you like the look of and run it for a 8-12 week cycle.
    Hope I helped
    @ 76kg

kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000) kingmode is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man. Somebody posted a 4 day UL earlier in this thread that looked good. I cant tell you whether PHUL is any good because I haven't tried it HOWEVER if you like the look of it, and you can honestly say to yourself, I can make it to the gym and hit these workouts that are layed out then that program will work very well for you.

I know this gets parroted a lot by many people but it still holds true, every program that has been written will give you results PROVIDING you are consistent and it follows the principles of Prilepins Chart (look it up if you've never seen it) which is basically a table of guidelines that tells you what rep range/volume to use for each individual application of training. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

I dont do "splits" anymore unless I'm in my offseason (PLing offseason, not a BB one) as its less specific for me. I train 4 days a week currently on a full body based pgm but it changes every week (volume and intensity wise) depending on how close to competition I am.

I haven't looked at 5/3/1 specifically for a while but that is strength based and 4 days a week and it works for many that are consistent. So find one that you like the look of and run it for a 8-12 week cycle.
    Hope I helped
    Thanks a lot for replying so fast! Really helped me.
    Would you still use your program if size was still one of your goals or would you use sth. different or modify it?

Train smart.

Originally Posted by kingmode View Post
    Thanks a lot for replying so fast! Really helped me.
    Would you still use your program if size was still one of your goals or would you use sth. different or modify it?
    Personally, for me at the level I'm at now, I dont think id be able to run this program for very long before I stop making progress with it. The reason for this is because it tries to add strength and hypertrophy at the same time in a given microcycle (each training week). Now for an intermediate lifter (1-3years of training) the general layout will be very effective but i really do encourage changing exercises to support YOUR weaknesses. If you're doing a strength day, pick a movement weakness e.g. You're weak out of the hole in squats, then your accessory exercise will be paused squats or front squats. If you're doing a hypertrophy day pick a muscle imbalance to fix.

The layout and structure is very good and i will stand by that even years later after i wrote it and the reason for that is because it still one i reccommend to most lifters who have a good recovery ability.
    @ 76kg

Personally, for me at the level I'm at now, I dont think id be able to run this program for very long before I stop making progress with it. The reason for this is because it tries to add strength and hypertrophy at the same time in a given microcycle (each training week). Now for an intermediate lifter (1-3years of training) the general layout will be very effective but i really do encourage changing exercises to support YOUR weaknesses. If you're doing a strength day, pick a movement weakness e.g. You're weak out of the hole in squats, then your accessory exercise will be paused squats or front squats. If you're doing a hypertrophy day pick a muscle imbalance to fix.

The layout and structure is very good and i will stand by that even years later after i wrote it and the reason for that is because it still one i reccommend to most lifters who have a good recovery ability.
    Thanks again, man!!

Train smart.

octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10) octaviansan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Great advices.
    Do you have a log ?
    My Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165912291&p=1329606531#post1329606531
    My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/sjsroworld

JaredJob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This program looks great, but I can't decide whether to run this or CNS 5/3/1. I like that this routine has a more frequency but slightly less focus on the big 3. Anyone ran both?

kevinjwu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

after week 4?

What happens after week 4 in the 5/3/1 system?

basketballer99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was thinking of doing this workout. I was doing strong lifts for 7 months, now i wanted to move onto another workout. Would this workout be good for me?

Originally Posted by kevinjwu1 View Post
    What happens after week 4 in the 5/3/1 system?
    You deload then start the cycle again but add 5 lbs to your training max on upper body lifts and 10 lbs on your lower body lifts.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Originally Posted by basketballer99 View Post
    I was thinking of doing this workout. I was doing strong lifts for 7 months, now i wanted to move onto another workout. Would this workout be good for me?
    Would be a great one to gain strength.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Okay thanks, i started it this week actually. Today was pull day but it only took me 50mins, 1hr at the most. Is this right or should it be taking longer? It feels a lot less work than strong lifts 5x5
    Sorry if has been posted before
    Cheers

Shouldn't pull day have more work than push day as the back needs more work to keep the chest and back balanced? If i'm wrong please explain

Originally Posted by basketballer99 View Post
    Shouldn't pull day have more work than push day as the back needs more work to keep the chest and back balanced? If i'm wrong please explain
    Push day has more muscles to work. But it depends on what version of the program ITT you're running.

USAF
    OEF/OIF/OIR

Push day has more muscles to work. But it depends on what version of the program ITT you're running.
    Okay true, i will give this workout a go. Thanks

IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10) IBgrind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know I'm pretty tardy to the party but can this workout be sustainable for cutting or only for building muscle because it's basically a "power/hypertrophy" based workout?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IBgrind View Post
    I know I'm pretty tardy to the party but can this workout be sustainable for cutting or only for building muscle because it's basically a "power/hypertrophy" based workout?
    Would just recommend you the actual 5/3/1 instead.
    No offense to the OP but he gets nearly all the 5/3/1 principles wrong. I don't even see mention of a Training max
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10) wsracejr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow 4 years late but this was the post that made me rethink and reprogram. I do a more HIT centered program. Note I train at home so my options are limited:

Push
    Band pull aparts between pressing sets
    BB Bench Press 6-8x1
    BB Incline Press 8-12x1
    Pushups 10-20x4
    TRX Flys 10-15 x1
    PJR Pullovers 10-15x1

Pull
    Rack Pull Shrugs 6-8x1
    BB Bent Rows 8-12x1
    DB Kroc Rows 10-15x1 (each arm)
    Pullups 10-15x4
    EZ Bar Curls 10-15x1

Legs
    Single leg landmine leg curl 10-15x1 (each leg)
    Deficit Landmine Sumo Deadlift 6-8x1
    Landmine Lumberjack Squat 8-12x1
    Landmine Hack Squat 15-20x1
    Sissy Squat 10-15x3
    Landmine RDL 8-12X1
    Landmine Twist 10-20x1

Upper
    TRX Reverse Fly/Face Pull 20x2
    Landmine Press 6-8x1
    Close Grip Bench Press 10-12x1
    Dips 10-15x3
    Superset w/
    Chins 10-15x3
    Alt. DB Curls 10-15x1
    Superset w/
    Alt. Hammer Curls 10-15x1
    3 way Delt Raise 10-15x1

Lower
    Various BW Leg Curls/Bridges 10-15 reps each (warmup)
    Various BW Squats/Jumps (warmup)
    DB Stepup 10-15x1 (each leg)
    Trap Bar Deadlift
    6-8x1
    10-15x1
    20+ x1
    Hanging Leg Raise 10-20x3

Thanks for the inspiration