Thread: Pull up gloves

SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pull up gloves

I am looking for any kind of straps, gloves, whatever that will strengthen my grip for pull ups. I think I have hit a plateau, and I know this is one thing causing it. Anyway, whatever it is, it needs to be cheap.

I was thinking Versa Gripps. Anyone know if these are any good?

Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mayze will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SirNick89 View Post
    I am looking for any kind of straps, gloves, whatever that will strengthen my grip for pull ups. I think I have hit a plateau, and I know this is one thing causing it. Anyway, whatever it is, it needs to be cheap.

I was thinking Versa Gripps. Anyone know if these are any good?
    Versa Gripps are good

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think you can go wrong with the versa grips....but to strengthen your grip I think the best thing would be is to do just that. Don't rely on the straps to strengthen your grip. I know how you feel though, I have smaller hands with an average grip. Personally, I would rather try to improve my grip strength than to use a strap. Just a thought.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #47
    ()---() York Barbell Club #46 (DD) ()---()

During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you.--Mark Rippetoe

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I first started doing pullups I was using straps to help my grip. But I quit pretty soon, because the straps were kind of encouraging me to release my grip tension, so my forearms were relaxing too much, leading to some pain that took a while to go away.

Tennis racket tape is good stuff.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't already specifically train your grip, I think you'll be surprised with how much it will help this issue.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I agree with P&I on this. If your grip is holding you back on pull ups, then it's your grip strength you need to work on. Improving your grip strength will help with your deadlift too...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirNick89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I agree with P&I on this. If your grip is holding you back on pull ups, then it's your grip strength you need to work on. Improving your grip strength will help with your deadlift too...
    Okay then. Anyone know ways I can strengthen my grip? I have a couple different sets of clamps. I can use those and eventually get my grip stronger.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SirNick89 View Post
    Okay then. Anyone know ways I can strengthen my grip? I have a couple different sets of clamps. I can use those and eventually get my grip stronger.
    Free or cheap- towel pullups, heavy rack pulls, pullup bar dead hangs for time, make a pinch block, make a wrist roller, farmers walks, lever bar work.....to name a few.

Simple equipment- Hand grippers, thick handles such as the Ironmind rolling thunder, thick bar training.... to name a few.

Theres so much info written already on grip training, google is your friend.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()