Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Location: South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up Cheers chaps!

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Great work on getting straight back in there and nailing the 102.5 LG. Mucho Mirin! And strong progress on the OHPs too. DLs are DLs. Miss one and its all over. Don't sweat it, and next time take a stick for clubbing morons with!
    TBH, I'm pleased someone noticed the OHP. I know it still ain't much, but it's the first time I've not had to retake in a couple of weeks so chuffed with it. I'm sure it's the diddy-plate increment that is helping.

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Strong session Lord Grover

I am very fortunate at the Gym I use or possibly just at the times I use it
    never experienced anything as frustrating as you have described above
    and I can well understand how those 2 incidents would put a person off
    I should've been a bit more grown-up about it and just shrugged it off so was disappointed with myself later. I won't let it spoil my session again.

Originally Posted by jdubs77 View Post
    Great progress! I'm looking forward to getting to where you are now. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with anyone like that at the gym. I just hate walking in to find 3 high school age guys at the squat rack that are spending more time talking about what they're going to be doing that weekend then they are using the equipment. If there's 3 of you, there's no reason someone can't be using the rack at all times. I'm still looking to put together my own workout room at home for the convenience factor.
    You'll be surprised how quickly you progress on this program. from a 40kg standing start 8 weeks before I was squatting 100kg!
    Very true, there were three of us sharing most of that session. Me squatting then OHP, one other squatting and another BB shrugs. Worked out well for all of us and little 'rack time' wasted.

Originally Posted by jonnyboy44 View Post
    Know what you mean about a spotter being more of a mental rather than a physical help.

Good deal of weight and volume on the squats
    I've never used a spotter before, except rarely on bench press, but found it reassuring, though ultimately not necessary. I'm happy in the rack as I can safely dump the bar in relative safety if I get myself into trouble.
    http://www.musclefood.com/IG4833
    http://lastpass.com/f?3497706

Usus est magister optimus.

LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000) LordGrover is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Great work on the Squat PR Grover.

What would of been the decision if you possibly (no doubt in my mind you wood of) failed at this second attempt?
    Plan of action?

Always asses at every gym. I tend to just annoy them as much as they annoy me.. Makes my day more interesting.

Keep up the good work mate. Solid as always. Impressive as ever with the determination.

BTW.
    What is your Macros looking like? You looking for gradual gain/maintenance?

Any particular style of diet being run at present?

Supps?

Just chucking it out there for an insight to how you go about things.
    If I'd failed it would've been a reset for next session to c. 85-90kg and build back up again. I think that's pretty standard on most of the beginner programs.

See above - I won't let it get to me again.

Ta.

Macros... schmacros. No frickin idea really. I'm trying to build at the moment and I'd rather risk a little excess than underfeed my growth. Effectively I'm eating for England. Typical day would be eggs and/or porridge for brekkers, maybe a shake too, lunch chicken, sweet pots & veg (often cold from Tupperware in office) and dinner maybe a steak with mash and veg. I'll eat some fruit and nuts for mini snacks throughout the day and add in the odd yogurt or glass of milk every now and again.
    I've always been a meat and two veg man, unless it's fish, so eating properly doesn't faze me. I'm more concerned about eating too little right now.
    So far as supps go protein shakes and creatine are about it. I also take a good multi-vitamin, vit D, FCLO caps and magnesium citrate, but I'd take those if I weren't training anyway.

Thanks for the interest dude.

...cont.

Just read that back and it sounds a bit too perfect - I neglected to mention the stuff that's not every day.
    I eat clean, mostly. Night before last though I had a takeaway Singapore chow mein, at the weekend I'll often have a sit down curry. I eat more chocolate and sweets than I should too.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LordGrover View Post
    ... at the weekend I'll often have a sit down curry.
    Mmmmm, curry. Had a curry on Weds night, and then reheated curry/rice/fried egg smash last night. Sounds disgusting, tastes delicious!

btw are you a Glawster fan by any chance LG?
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Mmmmm, curry. Had a curry on Weds night, and then reheated curry/rice/fried egg smash last night. Sounds disgusting, tastes delicious!

btw are you a Glawster fan by any chance LG?
    Not a rugby person but if I were it'd be Bristol.
    If we're talking cricket then yep, Gloucester. Not the biggest fan but went to Lords finals a couple of times a few years ago.

The only sport I follow closely is motorsport - I'm a season ticket holder at Castle Combe Circuit which is mostly just local events but a few national events visit. Also keen follower of F1, though it's been a little disappointing the last few years.

Between my current passion which seems to be weight training and IAM advanced driving sessions my spare time is limited at the moment. Great to be busy though.

Talking Gtfit!

Week 9/12, Day3 /3 -- 25/36

Workout A
    Squat
    20 x BW
    10 x 20kg
    5 x 40kg
    4 x 60kg
    2 x 80kg

5 x 105kg (235lb) *
    5 x 105kg
    5 x 105kg
    5 x 105kg
    5 x 105kg
    Calculated 1RM=118kg (260lb)

Bench Press
    5 x 20kg
    5 x 30kg
    5 x 40kg
    2 x 50kg

5 x 67.5kg (150lb) *
    5 x 67.5kg
    5 x 67.5kg
    5 x 67.5kg
    4 x 67.5kg
    Calculated 1RM=76kg (168lb)

Pendlay Rows
    5 x 60kg (135lb)
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    Calculated 1RM=68kg (150lb)

Bosh!

Really pleased with that. Squats at 105 were a decent test - a few nanoseconds of doubt in each set but a stiff upper lip and fear of failure were all that were needed. My head turned into a pulsating beetroot though. One of the PTs was watching me - more later.
    Am getting very close to my limit with BP - even first set felt heavy. Nearly called it a day at 4 reps in fourth set but after an extra breath I got the 5th rep. Fifth set was always going to be a struggle but extremely happy with 4 solid reps. A fifth just wasn't going to happen so discretion being the better part of valour and all that so safely racked after 4. May be bad form, but I'm calling it complete despite one rep short; again, see later.
    The keen-eyed may notice this is a reset. Despite getting 5x5@65kg last time my form was ragged and I tweaked my back a little. Decided to drop back a little to try and get better form - video to follow.

Back to the PT; he stopped me for a chat as I was going back to the changing rooms. Said some nice things about my ROM and form and how few he sees going +100kg with any kind of form. Gave me a few pointers and offered a little coaching if he's free next time he sees me in the rack. It turns out he's a competitive lifter and is pretty good himself.
    As I said either above or in another thread, I'm getting a bit knackered right now. That's nine weeks straight SL5x5 plus five or six weeks since 1 August that I've been pushing fairly hard, especially the last week or two. Coincidentally I'm giving blood next week so I'm going to take one of these 'deloads' which seem de rigeur hereabouts. I'm thinking I'll just do 60% of current weights for two workouts next week. My usual days are Sunday-Wednesday-Friday but I'm giving blood on Friday so will switch about a bit; for one week only, Tuesday and Thursday.

Still an arch in my back

Better, but still there

And that is it. Week 9 complete.

Currently scoffing a feck off gert big chicken breast and basmati rice.

Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flyer75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nicely done LG!!! Keep working on the form. I have the exact same problem with the arch in my back. Hard to get rid of...lol.

Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So jealous of your squats, its the one lift I have struggled with for the past year or so, yo-yoing up and down in weights searching for form.

Nothing wrong with scheduling a deload week either, can really help the body recover and get back in alignment after being beaten to death by the weights.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150040863

Max Lifts

Squat 135kgs (297 lbs)
    Bench 105kgs (231 lbs)
    Deads 160kgs (352lbs)

Thumbs up Thanks for your support & encouragement

Originally Posted by Flyer75 View Post
    Nicely done LG!!! Keep working on the form. I have the exact same problem with the arch in my back. Hard to get rid of...lol.
    Right! I'll race you... first to perfect form, or at least a flat back wins!
    The prize is feck all - it's all about getting it right.

Originally Posted by Sen8or View Post
    So jealous of your squats, its the one lift I have struggled with for the past year or so, yo-yoing up and down in weights searching for form.

Nothing wrong with scheduling a deload week either, can really help the body recover and get back in alignment after being beaten to death by the weights.
    Stick at it mate. With the help from a few here, youtube and recording my own squat form it's getting better. Still a ways to go, but every now and again something just clicks and another step forward is taken. I'll keep an eye out for your vids and help out if I can, but hopefully someone more experienced will help too.
    Quite looking forward to the light week. Probably being over-cautious but I'd sooner take a break too soon than too late.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    The problem is as effort required increases form diminishes proportionately.
    And therein lies the rub--it's a constant balancing act between adding more weight to the bar and lifting it properly. As with most-such issues, the correct path is somewhere in the middle.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Wise words from the Jedi Master.

Padawan LG.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just checking through your log ... great progress on your lifts in a short time and really killing those squats. Looking big and lean in those vids
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vegmaster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can't believe in all my time here I never checked (or knew about) the journal page

I posted my own journal in the main O35 page but my next one will be in the proper place.

Well, LG, great job on your SL progress, we are very close in terms of numbers apart from squat (i had to deload for first time when I failed 95kg 3x - then proceeded to fail 85kg! Strange).

Keep it up man, have checked your vids and look good to me though as a newb my opinion means squat (see what I did there, lol).
    PB's:

Squat - 85kg (187lb) 3 x 5
    Overhead Press - 45kg (99lb) 3 x 5
    Deadlift - 112.5kg (248lb) 1 x 5
    Bench Press - 65kg (143b) 3 x 5
    Barbell Row - 57.5kg (126lb) 3 x 5

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Just checking through your log ... great progress on your lifts in a short time and really killing those squats. Looking big and lean in those vids
    Heh. Squats - not sure who's killing who! Getting hard work now - grateful for a break.
    Thank you for dropping by and generous words.

Originally Posted by Vegmaster View Post
    Can't believe in all my time here I never checked (or knew about) the journal page

I posted my own journal in the main O35 page but my next one will be in the proper place.

Well, LG, great job on your SL progress, we are very close in terms of numbers apart from squat (i had to deload for first time when I failed 95kg 3x - then proceeded to fail 85kg! Strange).

Keep it up man, have checked your vids and look good to me though as a newb my opinion means squat (see what I did there, lol).
    Good innit!
    Really enjoying StrongLifts - glad I found your topic early on as it was good to see a fellow Brit on the same program just a few weeks ahead.

Deload

Deload only

Workout B
    Squat
    10 x BW
    5 x 20kg
    5 x 40kg
    5 x 50kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg

OHP
    5 x 20kg
    5 x 30kg
    5 x 30kg
    5 x 30kg
    10 x 30kg
    8 x 30kg

Deadlift
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    10 x 6kg
    12 x 6kg
    10 x 6kg

Hyperextensions

Lighter but a few more reps than usual. Took the opportunity to practise form for all three lifts but not as successful as I'd hoped. Not bad, time not wasted but no real improvement. Added a couple of exercises just for the hell of it as energy still abundant. Long stretching session and good sauna to finish off.
    I've had to change plans a little as I'd hoped to move Friday's workout to Thursday forgetting I have a massage booked. Did deload today and again on Tuesday or Wednesday ready for giving blood on Friday. Back to 'normal' next Sunday for week 10 of the program.

ETA. I forgot to mention; I tried on 130kg squat for size - felt pretty good. I just loaded the bar first with 100kg unracked and just felt the weight, no squat for 20 seconds or so and reracked. Did the same with 130kg - felt heavy but no big deal. Was tempted to try on 3 plater but bottled it. May give it a go next workout.
    Last edited by LordGrover; 11-17-2013 at 11:54 AM.

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    some great effort in terms of volume for a deload Lord Grover

looking forward to seeing how you do next week with the 3 plate squat
    ☻/
    / \

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where have I been....great work here.....impressive numbers being put up. Love your squat and DL form...Another journal of inspiring work ethics....
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    some great effort in terms of volume for a deload Lord Grover

looking forward to seeing how you do next week with the 3 plate squat
    There won't be any squatting! I fear if I went down with it I'd never get back up! If I put the 140kgs on it'll be just to unrack it and bear the weight for as long as I can - no attempt at squat - yet.

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Where have I been....great work here.....impressive numbers being put up. Love your squat and DL form...Another journal of inspiring work ethics....
    Thanks Ron. Numbers not so impressive just now - deload is my excuse.
    Welcome to the party, humble though it is.

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You might be on a deload week but you killing it with the volume.
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

ETA. I forgot to mention; I tried on 130kg squat for size - felt pretty good. I just loaded the bar first with 100kg unracked and just felt the weight, no squat for 20 seconds or so and reracked. Did the same with 130kg - felt heavy but no big deal. Was tempted to try on 3 plater but bottled it. May give it a go next workout.
    The 'walk out' is a great way to get used to the weight of the bar on your shoulders. Practice holding your breath in while you've got the bar on your shoulders as well and that will get you used to the idea of squatting with a strong intra-abdominal brace ... that's the key to the heavier squats
    Great work to even be contemplating a 130kg squat

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work to even be contemplating a 130kg squat
    ^This. Though I reckon looking at your squat progress and form you are going to have 130kg in pretty short order actually LG...
    ☻/
    / \

Deload

Deload Only

Workout A
    Squat
    20 x BW
    10 x 20kg
    10 x 40kg
    10 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    5 x 60kg
    10 x 60kg

Bench Press
    10 x 20kg
    10 x 40kg
    10 x 40kg
    5 x 40kg
    5 x 40kg
    10 x 40kg

Pendlay Rows
    5 x 50kg
    5 x 50kg
    5 x 55kg
    5 x 55kg
    5 x 55kg

Nothing of interest to say. :-/
    Lightweight, okay, finished.

I was a little concerned about doing lots of repetitions as I thought it may defeat the object of a deload. I'll find out more about what a deload should incorporate for next time - didn't do it properly this time.
    Taking Friday off so nothing now until Sunday. Probably just as well because plenty busy elsewhere right now.

Meh.

Water Heater in Training lochinvar76's Avatar
    lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read back some on your journal and you look to be making fantastic progress! I'm going to lurk along and watch as you grow. Well done and keep it up!
    When life hands you lemons... ask for something higher in protein.

The weight is a hammer and the bench an anvil. That which happens between both forms and shapes us, showing our true mettle.

My Lifting Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165860431

I think loads of reps is absolutely fine provided they are light. I reckon if you feel it the next day you have probably done too much... But I don't think there is any right answer.
    ☻/
    / \

Just to keep this ticking over while I'm off, I'm attaching a PDF of my workout log.

SL5x5 Log.pdf

Just to keep this ticking over while I'm off, I'm attaching a PDF of my workout log.

Attachment 6396033
    Good post LG - an interesting read that...
    ☻/
    / \

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [B]Deload Only[/B
    I was a little concerned about doing lots of repetitions as I thought it may defeat the object of a deload. I'll find out more about what a deload should incorporate for next time - didn't do it properly this time.
    Taking Friday off so nothing now until Sunday. Probably just as well because plenty busy elsewhere right now.Meh.
    Most people seem to do weights at 50% but still stick with the same rep range as a normal workout for deloads. I just stay out of the gym for 5 days every few months. Its too tempting to end up piling on the weights.

have a restful weekend
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

Attachment 6396033
    That's awesome .. you've hardly missed any progression at all in 10 weeks!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll find out more about what a deload should incorporate for next time - didn't do it properly this time.
    I don't know that there is a "right" way to do a de-load. Active rest can come in many forms. I hardly ever do a de-load the same way twice. I pretty much let the circumstances dictate how I go about it. Higher reps with lower weight is a perfectly acceptable way to do it.

Good post LG - an interesting read that...
    That's awesome .. you've hardly missed any progression at all in 10 weeks!
    I'm a bit of a stats knob so enjoy keeping records. It's a useful visual reminder of progress. Or not.