Thread: Macros?

littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros?

What are 'macros' and how do i count them ? dumb question i know, ive been body building for 6 months and have made alot of gains but im trying to modify my diet. thanks

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i see that you asked what macros were back in june, you really havent had anytime to do a simple google search?
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) littlebigal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    i see that you asked what macros were back in june, you really havent had anytime to do a simple google search?

i dont understand how to calculate it thats all
    Last edited by littlebigal; 10-19-2013 at 06:43 AM.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by littlebigal View Post
    no need to be a dick
    but i dont understand how to calculate it thats all
    Did you even read the link provided?
    Protein = .8g/lb
    Fat = .4g/lb
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000) sa7soon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no need to be a dick
    but i dont understand how to calculate it thats all
    He's not being a dick, you're just asking for something that you can easily find the answer to. Read the link he gave you, and as InItForFitness stated it's 0.8g/lb for protein and 0.4g/lb for Fat. I hope you figure it out, good luck.
    **Former 300 lb+ crew**
    **Forever cutting crew**

Start weight: 325 lbs
    Current weight: 219 lbs

Forever Cutting Coming to a Close: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165710491&p=1325547941#post1325547941

i dont understand how to calculate it thats all
    how was i being a dick at all? i gave you everything you need to know and was wondering why you never bothered to find it for yourself in 4 months
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SDPharma is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What are 'macros' and how do i count them ? dumb question i know, ive been body building for 6 months and have made alot of gains but im trying to modify my diet. thanks
    littlebigal,

The answers are in this thread. Just wanted to add that before asking, do a search on google and/or bb.com. You'll usually find the answer to what you're looking for. For some reason, people like to make you feel like crap about asking questions that have been asked on here. I can see by how many posts you have, that you likely don't spend hours on hours on bb.com and that's the difference. I get that all people don't like to spend hours searching online and look at the forums as a way to ask questions, get answers, and avoid hours of searching. Unfourtunately, those that DO spend the hours often take some sort of offence to that.
    This is just a little pointer, because if you post pre-asked questions on here, it's a recipe for an attack from someone. When I first started I hated posting on here because of this reason.

Even now, I already know what will cause backlash as I'm typing. It's really weird how touchy people get on here. I wish it was more just about helping out! The time it takes to be rude to someone is a waste. You may as well not even answer a question if the question bugs you so much. I get you, but you have to be mindful of this stuff on here...

If you ever have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it.

Cheers!
    Paul Almeida

SD Pharmaceuticals Representative
    2013 Canadian CBBF Bodybuilding Champion

www.********.com/sdpharmaceuticals
    www.twitter.com/SDSupplements
    www.instagram.com/sdsupplements
    www.pinterest.com/sdpharmaceuticals/
    www.plus.google.com/101244115719190321489/posts
    www.youtube.com/user/SDSupplements

Thanks SD i appricate it. and thats just it, i dont spend hours online. Im still learning and alittle help would be nice but i will find it elsewhere. Thanks again

Originally Posted by SDPharma View Post
    littlebigal,

The answers are in this thread. Just wanted to add that before asking, do a search on google and/or bb.com. You'll usually find the answer to what you're looking for. For some reason, people like to make you feel like crap about asking questions that have been asked on here. I can see by how many posts you have, that you likely don't spend hours on hours on bb.com and that's the difference. I get that all people don't like to spend hours searching online and look at the forums as a way to ask questions, get answers, and avoid hours of searching. Unfourtunately, those that DO spend the hours often take some sort of offence to that.
    This is just a little pointer, because if you post pre-asked questions on here, it's a recipe for an attack from someone. When I first started I hated posting on here because of this reason.

Even now, I already know what will cause backlash as I'm typing. It's really weird how touchy people get on here. I wish it was more just about helping out! The time it takes to be rude to someone is a waste. You may as well not even answer a question if the question bugs you so much. I get you, but you have to be mindful of this stuff on here...

If you ever have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't know the answer, I'll find it.

Cheers!