crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein requirements

Im about to switch to a ckd, and was just wondering, how much protein i should take in? i am 163 >10%bf. I was taking 160- 170 g whle i was cutting (tkd), and i was thinking to take it up to 200, could i get some input please? I guess i should ask as well, how many calories I should take in for ckd, i am currently on 2600, and slowly increasing it (500 a week).
    Last edited by crisp13; 10-02-2013 at 01:26 PM.

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by crisp13 View Post
    Im about to switch to a ckd, and was just wondering, how much protein i should take in? i am 163 >10%bf. I was taking 160- 170 g whle i was cutting (tkd), and i was thinking to take it up to 200, could i get some input please? I guess i should ask as well, how many calories I should take in for ckd, i am currently on 2600, and slowly increasing it (500 a week).
    For CKD you eat what your SKD macronutrient requirements would be on days you aren't refeeding. If you're bulking, you could probably drop protein down to 0.6g/lb, whereas if you were cutting I would not exceed 0.8g/lb OR 1g/lb lbm.

crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crisp13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sambshep View Post
    For CKD you eat what your SKD macronutrient requirements would be on days you aren't refeeding. If you're bulking, you could probably drop protein down to 0.6g/lb, whereas if you were cutting I would not exceed 0.8g/lb OR 1g/lb lbm.
    really eh? could you explain why i would drop my protein to .6g as opposed to increasing it, like most bulking programs? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to learn!

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    really eh? could you explain why i would drop my protein to .6g as opposed to increasing it, like most bulking programs? I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to learn!
    Cuz you like to do things the hard way...
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

nevermind, i just found 'The Ketogenic Diet' you posted somewhere else (thx btw, I've been looking for that forever).

sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sambshep has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Consuming more protein does not mean you will synthesize more muscle tissue. Typically, the most a natural lifter with average genetics could probably acquire per week is 0.25 lb of muscle tissue, and additional macronutrients wont allow you to break through that ceiling. Protein requirements don't need to be as high when bulking because the body has a surplus of calories, and therefore the body doesn't need to cannibalize dietary protein for fuel like it would in a caloric deficit (which is why protein requirements go up whilst cutting).