Hi guys, first thread here, already learning a lot from this forum. I started training for about 6 months, and eating well after reading the stickies (1-2 months). I know I have to build some lean body mass, however I'm not really liking the fact to go over the summer with my actual bf%.
weight: 68kg (150lb)
height: 176cm (5'9")
Pics below (all unflexed)
I have 2 questions:
1) Can you give me an estimate of my bf%?
2) Considering that summer is approaching (december-january here), what should I do? I'm currently bulking, should I continue? Or recomp?
Thanks a lot!
Thread: Should I bulk during summer?
09-30-2013, 05:04 PM #1
Should I bulk during summer?
09-30-2013, 05:09 PM #2
09-30-2013, 05:10 PM #3
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM #4
Good questions man, originally I was going to say cut until I saw your stats.
I would do a good strong bulk, your body type is similar to how mine was. If I were you I would focus on a good clean bulking diet at around 3,000 calories a day depending on your workouts. I would bulk for about 6 months, bet you'll look awesome!
1. bf% is super hard to estimate, maybe 15%? Not too sure, I would buy some calipers if I were you.
2. How are you "bulking"? Are you eating a lot of food but some crap? Or is your diet beyond clean? I would eat super clean, then maybe 2 months before swimsuit season (around March or so) I would try to cut for 2 months, but I would definitely continue with the bulk. Just remember, eating crap will just make a crap body, clean up that diet!http://fromscrawnytobrawny.com <-- Most of my thoughts and training on bodybuilding.
09-30-2013, 05:16 PM #5
09-30-2013, 05:27 PM #6
- Join Date: Oct 2012
- Location: Australia
- Stats: 5'4", 138 lbs
- Posts: 6,964
- Rep Power: 12927
09-30-2013, 05:34 PM #7
09-30-2013, 05:35 PM #8
- Join Date: Aug 2009
- Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Age: 21
- Stats: 176 lbs
- Posts: 90
- Rep Power: 75
09-30-2013, 05:54 PM #9
09-30-2013, 05:56 PM #10
thanks a lot for the quick answers! Guess I will continue builking then... however I was planning not to go over 15% of bf%, and it looks like I'm already there. I read an article from Lyle McDonald where he recommends not to bulk over 15% (bulk until 15%, cut until 10%, bulk again, etc). My initial plan was:
1) Bulk until end of november. Gaining 1lb/week I estimate to reach about 160lbs by then.
2) Cut or Recomp during summer (dec until feb/mar)
3) Bulk again
Would that really not be recommended in my case?
09-30-2013, 09:41 PM #11
09-30-2013, 10:00 PM #12
09-30-2013, 10:02 PM #13
09-30-2013, 10:49 PM #14
09-30-2013, 10:53 PM #15
09-30-2013, 11:16 PM #16
Eat the damn yolk.
- Join Date: Mar 2011
- Location: Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Stats: 5'10", 180 lbs
- Posts: 30,386
- Rep Power: 59303
I will consume you like the affordable biscuit you are.
By erima98 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM
By cjam93 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 6Last Post: 12-28-2012, 01:54 AM
By shortythree in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 5Last Post: 07-07-2012, 05:03 AM
By Halo300 in forum Teen BodybuildingReplies: 8Last Post: 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
By mars88 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-20-2010, 12:20 PM