hummerpaskaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I doing something wrong or are my results normal?

Hi,

So I am having some problems getting the results I want and am starting to get a little confused here.
    Some background:

In January I decided to start getting in shape for my wedding that is in November. I have always been tall and a little skinny-fat so I had some work to do.
    So I started weight lifting and at the same time we started following the Paleo diet at home, and supplemented this with protein shakes. One in the morning, and one after workouts.
    I lift 4 times per week, doing the HRT Solo program.
    I got great results at at first and was losing tons of body fat down to 10-12% where it kind of stagnated.
    Sometime in July I noticed that I was not losing more fat and not really gaining any muscle either, and I could almost physically feel my body eating my muscle.

So it turns out (to no surprise to the most of you I am sure) that Paleo diet wasn't optimal for building muscle and that I was lacking carbs.
    At this point my stats was:

Height: 6,5"
    Weight: 165lbs
    Body fat: 11%
    Muscle: 43%
    (All these numbers taken from our scale at home)

I then added two portions of rice every day to my diet, one before lunch, and one before dinner. I also started taking creatine and drinking some milk.
    This changed things, but I am not sure in the right way. As of today, my stats are:

Weight: 180lbs
    Body fat: 15,7%
    Muscle: 40,1%

So I am gaining weight, but if I am reading this correctly it seems that most of it is fat? Am I doing something wrong or are these results to be expected?
    Would really appreciate any help and/or feedback as I feel lost here.

Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100) Boobieballs is not very well liked. (-100)
    It's pretty hard for to gain more than 5lbs of pure muscle per year man.

StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50) StfuandLiftPHAG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Naa you're not doing anything wrong IMO, you should take a slow bulk with 50-100 over your caloric surplus& bulk for a year till you get to like 230-250 then cuts low over a few months with low caloric deficit like 50-100 calories lower then maintenance for minimal muscle loss.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your scale is incredibly inaccurate and a terrible guide for muscle and fat %, ignore it

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Your scale is incredibly inaccurate and a terrible guide for muscle and fat %, ignore it
    ^ This.

and also HRT Solo doesn't look like the right program for you. I'd go with ICF 5x5.

About Paleo, check this http://www.nsca.com/uploadedFiles/NS...ook/Aragon.pdf

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StfuandLift**** View Post
    Naa you're not doing anything wrong IMO, you should take a slow bulk with 50-100 over your caloric surplus& bulk for a year till you get to like 230-250 then cuts low over a few months with low caloric deficit like 50-100 calories lower then maintenance for minimal muscle loss.

A surplus of 100 calories, at best, would net about 10.5 lbs of weight gain over a year. This is best case, assuming no wheel spinning due to margin of error in estimates, rounding etc. Should OP really eat at a 100 cal surplus for the next 5-7 years and then cut ?