Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RJHERRERA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile My abs are not going to happen?

I'm 54 yrs old . Lost 49 pounds since march. Down from size 44 to 36. I should say wow . Tummy gone down slot see some packs. But not on lower.ab and I'm in a stand still. I don't see no progress on abs no more help.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most people, from my own experience, underestimate how much body fat they have and over estimate their muscle mass (I did this myself). Keep chipping away on the diet if your goal is abs.

Also, your 54 years old. My 2 year old says Tummy
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Most people, from my own experience, underestimate how much body fat they have and over estimate their muscle mass (I did this myself). Keep chipping away on the diet if your goal is abs.

A lot of truth in this,

your stats if current

Stats: 5'8", 197 lbs unless you are a mass monster, and probably not given you just dumped 49 lbs, my guess is you wont see any till maybe 160's

good luck tho

keep pluggin away, if you want it bad enough you can get it.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    5'8" with a 36" = no abs

Unless you are packing some serious muscle, you have a lot of fat left to lose.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    One of my buddies is in his late 40's and refers to his mother as "Mommy" it's kind of weird as phuck, but she passed away when he was young so I don't bother him about it.

OP-you're fatter than you think. You'll need to get to about 10% BF to see your abs.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jlsnyderTypeR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It sounds as if you've made some significant improvements so don't get discouraged, however without knowing what you're doing to lose the weight there is not much we can offer in advise.
    **PUREBLOOD FOR LIFE CREW**
    -- A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**
    **2018 BMW X5M**2020 Toyota TRD PRO**
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)

Wink

Originally Posted by RJHERRERA View Post
    I'm 54 yrs old . Lost 49 pounds since march. Down from size 44 to 36. I should say wow . Tummy gone down slot see some packs. But not on lower.ab and I'm in a stand still. I don't see no progress on abs no more help.
    First of all congratulations on the loss. You are exactly where I am at this moment in time 5-8" and 197.

You are probably going to have to drop down to the mid 60s. 165 my goal to get those abs. the band of fat that collects on a mans stomach below the belly button is a nuisance. And the hardest part to get rid of. Simply because its the first place fat stores on most men.

My advice, and what im doing right now. And have done in the past so I know it works. Is doing alot of cardio to supplement the weights. And alot of lower ab work. To tone and build the lower oart of the abs. Youll often notice even with guys who have six packs. The lower abs are less prominent. Thats because alot of guys dont get past crunches.

Do excercises like leg raises. Side scissor kicks, broomstick twists. And side bends with a heavy dumbell in one hand. Thats the physical side.

To say your diet is crucial to getting abs. Should go without saying. You need to be tight on calories. Bread is OUT. All junk food a definate no, no. Foods that help metabolize fat are porridge oats. Start eating a bowl for your breakfast regurlarly. If you need to sweeten use a teaspoon of honey.

I eat a bowl of porridge nearly every morning at around 5.30. Apart from drink I consume nothing else until at least mid day 6.5 hours later. What makes porridge awesome for losing weight. Is it slow releases energy. So makes you feel fuller for longer. At the same time the calories convert to pure. And once the 3--4 hundred calories have been burnt guess what the body starts burning?

This might sound like basic stuff. But alot of guys dont know this. You WILL hit plateaus. Especially once you head towards the 180 pound mark. You have to then shock the body. Especially at our age. When you are young with a faster metabolism. You take these things for granted. Thats why most people think its unbelievable if a man over 50 has a six pack.

I aim to get mine back by my 50th birthday next July. I will have to go through some serious intensity and self discipline. But I relish the challenge. Dont give up. You will get there if you want it enough. And the feeling of achievement will be huge at this age.
    Last edited by sentinel3; 09-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sentinel3 View Post
    First of all congratulations on the loss. You are exactly where I am at this moment in time 5-8" and 197.

You are probably going to have to drop down to the mid 60s. 165 my goal to get those abs. the baand of fat that collects on a mans stomach below the belly button is a nuisance. And the hardest part to get rid of. Simply because its the first place fat stores on most men.

My advice, and what im doing right now. And have done in the past so I know it works. Is doing alot of cardio to supplement the weights. And alot of lower ab work. To tone and build the lower oart of the abs. Youll often notice even with guys who have six packs. The lower abs are less prominent. Thats because alot of guys dont get past crunches.

Do excercises like leg raises. Side scissor kicks, broomstick twists. And side bends with a heavy dumbell in one hand. Thats the physical side.

To say your diet is crucial to getting abs. Should go without saying. You need to be tight on calories. Bread is OUT. All junk food a definate no, no. Foods that help metabolize fat are porridge oats. Start eating a bowl for your breakfast regurlarly. If you need to sweeten use a teaspoon of honey.

I eat a bowl of porridge nearly every morning at around 5.30. Apart from drink I consume nothing else until at least mid day 6.5 hours later. What makes porridge awesome for losing weight. Is it slow releases energy. So makes you feel fuller for longer. At the same time the calories convert to pure. And once the 3--4 hundred calories have been burnt guess what the body starts burning?

This might sound like basic stuff. But alot of guys dont know this. You WILL hit plateaus. Especially once you head towards the 180 pound mark. You have to then shock the body. Especially at our age. When you are young with a faster metabolism. You take these things for granted. Thats why most people think its unbelievable if a man over 50 has a six pack.

I aim to get mine back by my 50th birthday next July. I will have to go through some serious intensity and self discipline. But I relish the challenge. Dont give up. You will get there if you want it enough. And the feeling of achievement will be huge at this age.
    Waaaaaaaay to much bad information in this post- OP just ignore this entire post.

OP I'm sure you've heard the old saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" it's 100% true. Get your diet right, go to the nutrition stickies and read. Know your maintenance calories and eat at a deficit....simple.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Waaaaaaaay to much bad information in this post- OP just ignore this entire post.

OP I'm sure you've heard the old saying "Abs are built in the kitchen" it's 100% true. Get your diet right, go to the nutrition stickies and read. Know your maintenance calories and eat at a deficit....simple.
    I agree. I don't do cardio or ab exercises and at 16/17%BF I can see my abs. I can also drop to sub 10%BF with zero cardio. I like building muscle more than being a hamster on a wheel.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You'll see your abs appear in stages. Mine start showing up at about 14%BF, at 12% I have a decent 4 pack. So that will give you some encouragement. But I agree with others, most likely you are looking at somewhere in the 160s for a 6 pack.
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500) sentinel3 is not very helpful. (-500)

Looks like ive got me a stalker. Where exactly is the BAD INFORMATION. Ive been there before. Wheres your six pack at 50?

Its common sense that abs are made in the kitchen hence the line in my post about how crucial diet is. If im wrong I wont be showing a six pack next july will I? I Wait for it. And we will see your excuse then. The need to develope the muscles in the lower region goes without saying. Everyones seen the 10 stone guy with no lower abs.

You have to promote developement in the lower abs for the very reason I outlined. When a man stores fat. THATS WHERE IT STORES FIRST. Bit of a no brainer really. If you arent some gym meat head. Who cant get past power lifts.
    Last edited by sentinel3; 09-25-2013 at 02:23 PM.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One of my buddies is in his late 40's and refers to his mother as "Mommy" it's kind of weird as phuck, but she passed away when he was young so I don't bother him about it.
    I call her "Mommy." Wanna make something out of it?

@ the OP: You've got a long way to go, brother. You'll get it if you keep after it but you may not like it very much once you get there. Appropriate occasions to display ripped abs at our age come few and far between and, when you have a six or eight pack and are appropriately dressed, you're going to look very small, almost malnourished.

The only thing that will help balance that out is to make your core muscles pronounced so that they can overcome higher body fat levels. The way to do that is, just like any other muscle, train them for hypertrophy with heavy weighted resistance movements.

Stick to core exercises that you can incrementally increase the resistance on like cable crunches and leg lifts with a dumbbell between your ankles. Squats and deadlifts should be a staple in your training. They work almost everything at the same time which is why we call them "compound lifts."

Abs are a balance between big muscle and low body fat. I've found that either one is pretty easy to achieve but both at the same time is REALLY difficult.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000) PharmaFreak1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    RJHERRERA,

Don't get discouraged! I am a national-champion and the bottom abs are the hardest ones to show. In fact, mine only pop out during the last 4 weeks of my 15-week prep!.....

Some of these responses are BANG ON. You need to just keep chipping away at the diet and really watch your carbohydrate intake after 6:00pm. Make sure that you are also doing cardio at the end of your weight training.

Keep going! You've gotten very far and the sky's the limit.
    Paul Teixeira

PharmaFreak Representative
    2013 Canadian CBBF Bantamweight Bodybuilding Champion

www.********.com/pharmafreak
    www.twitter.com/pharmafreak
    www.instagram.com/pharmafreak
    www.pinterest.com/search/?q=Pharmafreak
    www.plus.google.com/116513041929785949607/posts
    www.youtube.com/user/RippedFreakVideos

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's no special number of pounds to lose or amount you have to weigh. You get leaner to see them and whatever it takes to do that, meaning whatever number of pounds and whatever you have to weight; you do it. The scale is a useful tool but it's not the goal. If abs are your goal then the scale can be a guide but it's not magic. You're going good... keep going!
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

Looks like ive got me a stalker. Where exactly is the BAD INFORMATION. Ive been there before. Wheres your six pack at 50?

Its common sense that abs are made in the kitchen hence the line in my post about how crucial diet is. If im wrong I wont be showing a six pack next july will I. Wait for it. And we will see your excuse then.
    Nope..not stalking you just have an ABUNDANCE of bad information you are more than willing to share. Looks like it wouldn't hurt for you to go to the nutrition stickies also and read up, espeacially concerning TDEE, maintenance calories and macros.

Telling Op to eat a bowl of porridge and then nothing for 6.5 hours making it an awesome fat burner??? LMAO Good luck getting that six pack with no understanding of basic nutrition.

Nope..not stalking you just have an ABUNDANCE of bad information you are more than willing to share. Looks like it wouldn't hurt for you to go to the nutrition stickies also and read up, espeacially concerning TDEE, maintenance calories and macros.

Telling Op to eat a bowl of porridge and then nothing for 6.5 hours making it an awesome fat burner??? LMAO Good luck getting that six pack with no understanding of basic nutrition.
    Luck doesnt come into it. Like I said ive been there before. This isnt wishful thinking. Its proven successful already. And its happening as I type this. 2;-3 lbs melting away by the week. I will reach the 165 mark by February-March.

But the toning work HAS TO BE DONE. Like I already said power lift meat heads dont like ab work or cardio. Does that sound like you. I bet it does. But dont worry the pics will prove who knew what they were talking about. And lets see if youre man enough to apologize when I do. I doubt it.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You are probably going to have to drop down to the mid 60s. 165 my goal to get those abs. the band of fat that collects on a mans stomach below the belly button is a nuisance. And the hardest part to get rid of. Simply because its the first place fat stores on most men.

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just don't understand the no-carbs after 6:00pm thing. Seems they are good for you up until 5:59pm but anything after that turns straight to fat? I eat loads of carbs just before bed and have no issues losing fat.
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Celebrate your success rather than negative thoughts. Then keep plugging away. This mindset breeds success

AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AX64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just my own noobie two cents.

I'm 5 foot 5" 194 lbs as of this morning (need to update profile) I went from size 38 to 36 (current), and I can fit into 34's but would be uncomfortable to wear them all day.

I think I need to at least drop to 160 and size 33-32 to see any kind of abs.

PS: all my size 38's got donated this morning to the diabetes foundation. Next it will be my size 36's. I dont ever want to go back to those sizes.

Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EB68 View Post
    I just don't understand the no-carbs after 6:00pm thing. Seems they are good for you up until 5:59pm but anything after that turns straight to fat? I eat loads of carbs just before bed and have no issues losing fat.
    I don't get it either. I hit my macros daily and eat whenever I'm hungry. Most of my calories are consumed at night and I don't have an issue dropping the lbs when I want.

TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000)

OP-you're fatter than you think. You'll need to get to about 10% BF to see your abs.
    Strong percentage to facts ratio. P.s. I am far above 10% and can see mine still...

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I eat a bowl of porridge nearly every morning at around 5.30.
    What the fuk? Are you Goldilocks and spend your time breaking into bears homes? Beet root soup and porridge, nice diet.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Bread is OUT.....

........ Foods that help metabolize fat are porridge oats.
    *facepalm.jpeg*

Originally Posted by PharmaFreak1 View Post
    ...really watch your carbohydrate intake after 6:00pm.
    huh?

What happens at 6:01?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    What happens at 6:01?
    Pretend it says 6:00
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by TCO76 View Post
    Strong percentage to facts ratio. .
    oh, it's a fact, I'll give you his number and he'll tell you he refers to get as mommy
    Last edited by Get-n-fit; 09-25-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RJHERRERA View Post
    Edit: Deleted comments after reading rest of the thread. Everything has already been said. I suspect OP is a 1 post and out-a-here guy.
    Last edited by tobymax123; 09-25-2013 at 08:15 PM.

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)

I know what your saying here... the general rule of thumb is about 10-12% for males, 16-18% for women... however you have to be careful with some new lifters saying this. Most tend to forget BF is a percentage and 10% is not the same on everyone. For example when I used to compete I had to get very low bodyfat percentages compared to some middle weights (mostly new guys) who would never believe the % I told them. What they neglected to realize, is even when I was about 10% in the offseason @ 270lbs or so...I will still carrying over 27lbs of fat on my body, if I was 140lbs...that would have been close to 20% bodyfat.

so in short...the bigger and more muscular you are (the more you weight) the lower the percentages have to get to see abs. I remember my buddy (now 50) came into his last show at 5-6% @ 265 and one of the judges notes that was written on his score sheet was "very soft".

But this goes along with Get-n-Fits comment, "your fatter then you think"....most smaller guys when trying to estimate bodyfat compare themselves (especially in the abs) to the bigger guys along percentage lines. The OP even only being 30lbs lighter, would look different at 10%. For example if GET-N-Fit was 10% at 225...if you were carrying the exact same amount of fat, you would be 11.5%
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    I know what your saying here... the general rule of thumb is about 10-12% for males, 16-18% for women... however you have to be careful with some new lifters saying this. Most tend to forget BF is a percentage and 10% is not the same on everyone. For example when I used to compete I had to get very low bodyfat percentages compared to some middle weights (mostly new guys) who would never believe the % I told them. What they neglected to realize, is even when I was about 10% in the offseason @ 270lbs or so...I will still carrying over 27lbs of fat on my body, if I was 140lbs...that would have been close to 20% bodyfat.

so in short...the bigger and more muscular you are (the more you weight) the lower the percentages have to get to see abs. I remember my buddy (now 50) came into his last show at 5-6% @ 265 and one of the judges notes that was written on his score sheet was "very soft".

But this goes along with Get-n-Fits comment, "your fatter then you think"....most smaller guys when trying to estimate bodyfat compare themselves (especially in the abs) to the bigger guys along percentage lines. The OP even only being 30lbs lighter, would look different at 10%. For example if GET-N-Fit was 10% at 225...if you were carrying the exact same amount of fat, you would be 11.5%
    Proven insight...always grateful when someone that has been there can step in and tell us how it really is. Thanks Mav for sharing your words of wisdom.
    And when Caesar reached the Oceanside, he wept. As there were no more worlds to conquer.

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.