tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What are some good bathroom scales? Mine varies weight everytime...

I can get on it 3 times, and each time my weight varies by .5 lb. So making it hard to keep track of progress.
    #Accountant

Bored of the Jungle MensaTarzan's Avatar
    MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MensaTarzan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tekno17 View Post
    I can get on it 3 times, and each time my weight varies by .5 lb. So making it hard to keep track of progress.
    I've had the Taylor 5778F digital scale for a couple of years and found it to be fairly accurate. I think I purchased it at Costco.

Recently, a friend of mine bought the Fitbit Aria scale as a gift for me and I've ben using it pretty exclusively ever since.

http://www.fitbit.com/aria

It's as accurate as the Taylor but the best part is, it uploads the weights to your online account over WiFi, which then are downloaded to my iPhone via their free iPhone app. You basically get an automatic tally and graph of your weight history by just stepping on the scale.

However, for both of these scales, I'm a little suspicious of their body fat measurement. I think they just use a Body Mass Index calculation. I think it's a good +/- 2% off. Best to just use it to baseline and then compare your results rather than as an accurate measurement. Just for weight measurement though, I've found them to be accurate to 0.1 lbs every time I step on them.

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is the variation throughout the day? Because, obviously your weight varies throughout the day and it wouldn't be the scales' fault. As a matter of fact, your weight can vary up to 4pounds from morning to evening

tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tekno17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Violander View Post
    Is the variation throughout the day? Because, obviously your weight varies throughout the day and it wouldn't be the scales' fault. As a matter of fact, your weight can vary up to 4pounds from morning to evening
    I meant I can weigh myself 4 Times in a row within seconds of each other and u get different readings
    #Accountant

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I meant I can weigh myself 4 Times in a row within seconds of each other and u get different readings
    Going to be tough to find a bathroom scale more accurate than .5 lbs.

You can purchase a shipping scale in the 100-200 range that will be more accurate and hold your weight. Lots of them on amazon with good reviews. Have $28 model myself it's off .5 minute to minute also. Close enough for me right now for the cost.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50) Violander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    0.5 lbs really is a tiny amount. Unless you are willing to spend more than 50 bucks on scales. Mine are about 0.25-0.5lbs accuracy and cost 20 bucks.

just measure trends. It really doesn't matter to such an extent. Don't overthink small things

ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ninjaneer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i like this one: http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Preci...athroom+scales

the variance in your weight could be due to the floor being unlevel. even with my scale, if i'm on uneven ground, i can get some squirrelly readings.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Geeze a whole half a pound!!!

how inaccurate.

You do realize that your cheap bathroom scale just weighed you to within 99.875% of exactly what you weigh. Thats freaking awesome.

To put it differently you can easily sweat out 16 pounds on a hot day.

You can eat a one pound steak.

your morning dump probably weighs more than a half pound.

if you are going to worry about a half pound you are going to spend all your time worrying about stupid crap and never accomplish anything.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My Seca 813 scales don't suffer from such short comings:

http://www.amazon.com/813-Capacity-D...words=seca+813

judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) judgecrandall is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Geeze a whole half a pound!!!

how inaccurate.

You do realize that your cheap bathroom scale just weighed you to within 99.875% of exactly what you weigh. Thats freaking awesome.

To put it differently you can easily sweat out 16 pounds on a hot day.

You can eat a one pound steak.

your morning dump probably weighs more than a half pound.

if you are going to worry about a half pound you are going to spend all your time worrying about stupid crap and never accomplish anything.
    This.

You also need to keep in mind the difference between accuracy and precision. Your scale might be accurate (meaning its measurements are close to your actual weight), but not very precise (meaning it gives inconsistent measurements). Or it could be precise but not accurate, or neither. In reality, the only thing that really matters is precision. As long as your scale gives consistent measurements that give you a relative measure of your weight loss, it doesn't matter if the scale is accurately measuring your weight. Overall, I wouldn't get too caught up with numbers, unless you need to make weight for a competition or something.